Sign in to follow this  
danielos

hurricane katrina

lord have mercy I've not felt so sorry for folks since the tsunami. This is just the saddest thing I've saw in ages. Bless those people and those who lost loved ones. I saw one man say he and his wife were on a roof and the water kept climbing higher and he was trying to hold onto her and she said you can't hold on anymore take care of the kids and grandkids and she disappeared :( He was crying and it made me cry just watching it all.

You kids need to control your cold hearted comments about they need to move elsewhere ect. They live where they do. A terrible tragedy has happened and they need good thoughts and all the help you can give them right now. Clean out your closets, go buy some food, send what you can and take it to the red cross so they will ship it on down. Don't waste time on negative thoughts or how they may somehow deserve something like this for living there... use that energy towards something positive instead. Helping others makes me feel good and lord knows these people need help and as soon as you can do so. When you crawl in your warm bed tonite after having dinner...realize that some folks aren't that fortunate. They are homeless hungry and in dire need. Karma is a real thing. What you do for others comes back to you tenfold. Help out what little or alot that you can. Just do it.

:grouphug:

Very true.

I'm guessing a few hundred people died in this, and tens of thousands probably don't even have a home to return to. :(

I see all these louisiana tags around town here, I wonder if these people have homes to return to. :(

They probably are.

There was marshal law here after Ivan to stop looting. I imagine it would be much worse in New Orleans..

Just got my power and internet access back. B)

Had power all yesterday untill 6pm. It was shut off for the entire city for some reason.. exactly at the city limits. Really weird. Everyone outside the city limits had power.

Didn't have internet yesterday either.

I was still able to watch tv because we have satellite and a generator. B)

Let me correct myself:

Terribly sorry about what I said- martial law was last declared in Hawaii during world war II.

What I thought was martial law was just the national guard's checkpoints at the entrance to the really messed up streets. :blushing:

If Louisiana weren't chock full of older buildings, I guarantee that the damage done wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is right now.

My dad told me how the mortar was rotting away, buildings were collapsing, and all kinds of other bad stuff was happening.

Thats a great post Tracy Lynn, well said.

We're a long way away but if there is anything we can do to help please post.

To date I haven't seen any Relief funds set up over here but when they are set up we will certainly give what we can.

Best wishes to all Pit Members who are suffering because of this disaster.

brandon, now is not the time to comment on the conditions of the older buildings....put your thoughts and energy into helping the victms as TracyLynn posted.

There are people in need of help, not condemnation....sheesh! :(

I'm in Ohio, it's been raining here all day, will rain all night, and most of the day tomorrow:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/ot...tml?locid=44515

I feel bad for anyone caught in a hurricane, tornado, or tsunami. You gotta live somewhere, can't pack everybody in a big bundle in middle America. It's too bad that Mother Nature has to be such a harsh lady sometimes... :( -kd5-

brandon, now is not the time to comment on the conditions of the older buildings....put your thoughts and energy into helping the victms as TracyLynn posted.

There are people in need of help, not condemnation....sheesh! :(

I meant no harm in that Jacee, I was just stating something...

I've already donated some clothes, and some of my own money to some family members of mine in Louisiana, so I'd say I've done something good.

I'm in Ohio, it's been raining here all day, will rain all night, and most of the day tomorrow:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/ot...tml?locid=44515

I feel bad for anyone caught in a hurricane, tornado, or tsunami. You gotta live somewhere, can't pack everybody in a big bundle in middle America. It's too bad that Mother Nature has to be such a harsh lady sometimes... :( -kd5-

So true.

Guys, girls, women, men, I'm sorry for my comments earlier.

I had no idea that this storm was going to be so bad.

New Orleans is gone.

Our news anchor was crying, my dad was crying. My dad, is actually going to donate money. I believe I am going to donate $10 - $20 myself.

This is just.... making me cry right now listening to one mans story, of how his wife let go from his hand, and told him to take care of the kids. It was all the man ever had.

Please guys, try to make a donation of even $1. I'm so sorry this had to be this bad.

There is a strong possibility that there will be a million homeless after this. Thats almost more than my mind can wrap around.... a million Americans with absolutely nothing because of a natural disaster. They are talking about the possibility building refugee camps ect... its almost like they are talking about some other country just listening to it. We hear these things on the news about other countries, the building of the refugee camps and the homeless... and here its hit at home.

It makes me feel real greatful for what I have right now. Lights, food, home, shelter. I've been griping about freaking gas prices and a million people have no where to live. It makes my problems feel real small and insignificant right about now. :erm:

Ian... it sheds a different light when reality sets in and we see the devastation that has set in for so many unfortunate people. Good for you and your family for helping.. every little bit counts! :grouphug: And I too saw that same man who had to let go of his wife's hand. He tore my heart out watching him. I thought of it ever since I saw him speak of it :(

Edited by TracyLynn

What a terrible thing to happen. New Orleans is such a well-loved city.

I hope that, when the victims have been cared for, the world community can assist in rebuilding the character of such a wonderful place.

so where is our international aid ;)

In reality I still cannot fathom the devastation, A friend of mine hadnt seen any pictures and I forced him to go on the net to look at them. He could barely speak. He was down there not to long ago with some friends he went to school with. If you havent seent he pictures or know people who havent you need to show them. It is very humbling and very very sad. Whats sadder is that there are people taking advantage of the situation already. If you stealing anything but food I think the national guard/police should simply shoot you. Some of the things I read were disturbing.

CNN has just announced, that some 23,000 people that are housed in the Super Dome in New Orleans, are being even further displaced, by being moved to the Astro Dome in Houston. This move, is of course, for their own health and safety.

They also announced the New Orleans Intl Airport will be used as a Hospital for the immediate treatment providal of health care.

Pictures now showing the looting thats going on there. Not food and water, as you might would think, but clothes, shoes, tv's, etc. What has this world come to?

We all need to keep these good people in our thoughts.

Sorry everyone i have only just heard, i just turned on my laptop and there was a news flash from the BBC news

my heart goes out to everyone there i will pray for everyone.

Does anyone remember x5dr he lives in New Orleans, as any one heard from him or know if he is ok.

I wish i could be there to help all those who have suffered.

I don't know what to say i am in shock

i hope all who live in the US are safe and well god what a mess :bawling: mother nature can be so cruel

:wub::wub::grouphug::grouphug:

i have an aunt and uncle and many cousions in baton rouge which i have no ideal how they are. i know my heart breaks for everyone there. also have many friends from the net that live down that way and havent heard anything about them. all i can do now is pray for them . i have shed many tears for all the people there.

just keep them in your prayers.

Dog_ soldier

I no where you are coming from i am so glad i turned this pc on or i would not have known, yes the tears just keep coming, i hope everyone you know is safe and well

I'm going to be taking a trip with my dad pretty soon. He works for a water restoration/flood damage company, and we're going to be doing some relief work in New Orleans. I know my dad's heart is into it, he met my mom for the first time in New Orleans during the 70s. My prayers and condolences goes out to the people still struggling to survive, and my stone-cold hatred to those who looted gun stores making a terrible thing much worse.