Sign in to follow this  
Guest anm818

Free Pop Up Blocker

I don't think you can DL just a popup blocker from Google, it comes with the Google Toolbar.

I run the Google bar, along with Panicaware Free Popup Stopper, along with the XP SP 2 built in popup blocker, on my test box, and its pretty effective. Very few popups sneak thru.

My main box is another story, also have Adwatch, which also has a popup blocker too. I pretty much never get any popups, more times than not, I'm having to make an adjustment to allow one.

i use pow from analogx. once you train it , it works great. hope this helps.

BTW: :wp:

Edited by dog_soldier

I second Signman's recommendation of EMS Free Surfer mkII with a reference to the main site:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/fs.htm

It blocks popups intelligently, no need to configure it or tell it what to do, although there are options you can play around with if you want to... ;) -kd5-

Edit: And it doesn't require the addition of a toolbar either... :P

XP SP 2 built in popup blocker, on my test box, and its pretty effective.

10 out of 10 IMO, it's the best Pop-up blocker I have ever come across.

10 out of 10 IMO, it's the best Pop-up blocker I have ever come across.

I've never once had a pop-up on this comp (installed SP2 pretty much straight away, no real reason to get anything else B)).

with regards

Yep, the popup stopper in SP2 is pretty darned good. So much so that I haven't even installed any others. A few popups still sneak through from time to time, but it does well enough for me that I don't worry about it. If I ever do decide I need secondary protection, EMS Free Surfer has my vote. It's either that or my old favorite, PopUp Killer (the original) which is still available on the internet though it's not supported by the author anymore. It too (like EMS) kills popups intelligently (Smart engine). -kd5-

I've never once had a pop-up on this comp (installed SP2 pretty much straight away, no real reason to get anything else B)).

with regards

Yeah, that is true.

You know if a pop-up has attempted to show. Only because you heard a kind of clicking sound.

Yeah, that is true.

You know if a pop-up has attempted to show. Only because you heard a kind of clicking sound.

Not if you have that annoying sound/banner turned off. :lol:

with regards