Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

General Discussion Closed?

Why do we need to meet new people in GD?

We can easily make friends with people in U2U and everywhere else, just by giving them a helpful hint or lending a hand. :)

True, but isn't it the wrong idea to make U2U an idle chit chat place?

May I ask what the mods are thinking of doing to GD? How does removing it, then putting it back solve anything? Other than letting people cool off, just to get angry at a later time.

Edited by DK64_MASTER

Hopefully it won't come to that. Guilty of it myself, I think too many of us are just zooming right to the GD and forgetting about the scheme of this site...to help other computer users. Sure, you may not get paid or get any benefits, but I think it's fun, and I know from experience that those asking the questions sure do benefit from and appreciate all the help that is given.

May I ask what the mods are thinking of doing to GD? How does removing it, then putting it back solve anything? Other than letting people cool off, just to get angry at a later time.

I can't get into the brains of a mod or admin, but you and I both know that things were getting a little heated and some of the best members were leaving.

yeah, the trouble with no gd is that the random topics will start popping up all over. those in need of help will have a tough time getting a thread noticed in between the chit-chat.

it is nice to have a place where the forum is pretty much wide open.

:beer:

Hopefully it won't come to that. Guilty of it myself, I think too many of us are just zooming right to the GD and forgetting about the scheme of this site...to help other computer users. Sure, you may not get paid or get any benefits, but I think it's fun, and I know from experience that those asking the questions sure do benefit from and appreciate all the help that is given.

Yep, might be considered guilty of that, but I still make a habit of checking all of U2U and spyware sections every day, albeit sometimes after checking GD.

yeah, the trouble with no gd is that the random topics will start popping up all over. those in need of help will have a tough time getting a thread noticed in between the chit-chat.

True. Very true.

lol...the mods will kick ya out before too long, you're going to have to learn something now about computers :lol:

did GD bite the dust?

I actually PM'd Radio with that very same topic title..

:lol:

However, if it went for good, i wouldn't be able to have anywhere to visit and be guaranteed a laugh, from the many jokes posted daily..

:)

We've removed GD temporarily before when people got out of hand. Disrespect for the forum rules and moderators got us there.

I've said it before, GD is the water cooler for this site. If you're ONLY hanging out at the water cooler then maybe this isn't the right place for you. There are plenty of other forums where you can hang out if your goal is exclusively to discuss heated topics rather than to help people with their computer problems.

We've removed GD temporarily before when people got out of hand. Disrespect for the forum rules and moderators got us there.

I've said it before, GD is the water cooler for this site. If you're ONLY hanging out at the water cooler then maybe this isn't the right place for you. There are plenty of other forums where you can hang out if your goal is exclusively to discuss heated topics rather than to help people with their computer problems.

I get what you're saying Dave, very good point put across..

However, most of the problems that need solving go way over my head, and i just wait for someone with more experience to solve it ( that's when i hang out in GD :lol: )

If there's something that i can help with in U2U, or anywhere else, i will...

But i personally enjoyed going back to GD everyday and looking into the new threads...

Although, i realise stuff really got out of hand and something needed to be done..

B)

Wigan, I enjoy most of GD as well, which is why it will probably come back. But I suppose what this last episode has taught us is that we have to be more aggressive about stopping the people who disrupt GD. It's a shame because sometimes even the threads that look like they're heading into flame territory end up being interesting.

You'll have to excuse my frequent absences but I've been busy both at work and at home. We are throwing a party for my parents next weekend, it's their 50th wedding anniversary. I am staying busy with party preparations.

Wigan, I enjoy most of GD as well, which is why it will probably come back. But I suppose what this last episode has taught us is that we have to be more aggressive about stopping the people who disrupt GD. It's a shame because sometimes even the threads that look like they're heading into flame territory end up being interesting.

You'll have to excuse my frequent absences but I've been busy both at work and at home. We are throwing a party for my parents next weekend, it's their 50th wedding anniversary. I am staying busy with party preparations.

:tup: Agree 100%

And congratulations to your Parents..

Edited by Wigan

It will be missed - this is where I get the USA slant on things.........

I can get tech info from a variety of places.

:(

Most active in User to User Help

1013 posts in this forum

( 65% of this member's active posts )

GD was fun to read from time to time and even to post in the odd time.

User to user used to be a really fun forum.

Lots of people posting on every topic with lots of good

intentioned ribbings and joking.

Things didn't get to off topic or too out of control and for the most part

everyone got along.

Then for some odd reason GD took over as the active hot spot and things went to Hell.

It might be nice to see 10+ active users in User to User again.

That what this place is about after all.

Just my .02 cents

Toke

so, where's the new hangout? this is the only message board I came to.

XCSO

Raptor Pit

I think GD being gone might be a good thing actually, might get some sorry folks to leave and get a life away from trolling all day and help some country's economy (hopefully :P ).

Edited by Intratech

Guest Trackrat

After reading most of the posts that caused GD to be temporily suspended, I have to agree with what was done.

All forums need a place to let of steam but not for attacking other peoples characters.

I do not answer many queries on this forum as I am not that knowledgeable, but I do like to read some of the replies and learn from them.

All I can say is it is a pity if people leave because of what has happened.

I think it is a really smart move. This is a computer related website, not a politcal debate where the political factions battle.

Now maybe the people who only came here for the political chit chat will leave. I say good riddance to bad rubbish. :tup:

I think its kind of stupid because most of the people there go to the other forums and help people. Its not as if thats the only place they post.

Besides, I dont see how it hurt anyone. If there are problems let the mods deal with them as they have been.

Besides, I dont see how it hurt anyone.  If there are problems let the mods deal with them as they have been.

Well thats where your very wrong...we haven't been 'dealing' with it at all...think we all got a little gun shy and let things get posted that should never have been allowed.

Trust me..if and when it reopen's you won't know the place.

I too enjoy reading folks from around the worlds opinions on matters...but we got some forum wreckers and baiters who we need to just make gone.

I too enjoy reading folks from around the worlds opinions on matters...but we got some forum wreckers and baiters who we need to just make gone.

Bravo sir, bravo :cheers: