Sign in to follow this  
jackpot316

msn explorer problem

I got a new pc and have been trying to get into the msn explorer... but I keep getting up to a place that they want me to put in a credit card #..... For there internet service... I have never had this problem before with any of my other pc s... I have been over this 5 times already and cant seem to get pass the part with putting in the card number I Have my own internet sevice..... Would anyone know how to get around this so I can get my msn internet exsplorer on here???? :help:

I belive you need to have an MSN account to use the browser, this is why it keeps asking for a credit card number.

Jackpot wouild I be right in saying you have your own Internet service provider? If so, then I think what you need to do is connect to that with your new pc first - and then connect through to MSN once you have re-established the link with your ISP.

;)

beau B)

Jackpot wouild I be right in saying you have your own Internet service provider? If so, then I think what you need to do is connect to that with your new pc first - and then connect through to MSN once you have re-established the link with your ISP.

;)

beau B)

that is what I was doing I was connected to the net with my isp it still coming up with the same thing a friend said its all pay now but I was using it on my old pc just yesterday

Log onto the Internet via your ISP.

Using your favorite browser on the internet.... go to http://www.msn.com

From there you can log into Hotmail, Messenger, MyMSN or whatever using your already established username and password.

Best Regards

Edited by dough

I don't believe jackpot has a paid MSN account, that is where the trouble is coming from. The browser will not finish installing because jackpot does not have an account with MSN. Hotmail is a different deal.

On your old computer, was the MSN software pre-installed?

I don't believe jackpot has a paid MSN account, that is where the trouble is coming from. The browser will not finish installing because jackpot does not have an account with MSN. Hotmail is a different deal.

On your old computer, was the MSN software pre-installed?

thats right I do not have a paid account with msn ....But I do have a hotmail account just this new msn on this new pc will not let me set it up till I pay with a credit card. I am only looking to use the browers not to use their internet service.

You know, you can use Window's Messenger instead.

This is what it said when I tried to install it. (MSN Explorer)

You have an existing non-MSN connection to the Internet and you want to keep using it.

On the "Do you want MSN Internet Access?" page, select "No. I already have Internet access."

Next, on the "Do you have an MSN Internet Access dial-up account?" page, select "No. I connect to the Internet using another Internet service provider, or one of the following: MSN HighSpeed Internet Access, LAN, DSL, cable modem, or satellite connection."

It also lets you keep your email (hotmail). Are you sure you weren't clicking the wrong box and asking to sign up for internet access?

You cant use thier browser any more with out a paid account.

$9.95 month = rip off

Edited by PORTHOS

You cant use thier browser any more with out a paid account.

:blushing: I didn't know that. It took me all the way to the email part but I couldn't remember my hotmail password.

Can you still use Windows Messenger for free?

If I am confusing the browser for the IM program, sorry.

Edited by faith_michele

MSN Explorer and MSN Messenger are two totally separate and distinct applications.

Sorry I can't help with MSN Explorer, that is always one of the first things I uninstall on a fresh XP installation. -kd5-

well guess I give up......it still works on my old pc but seems its not going to work on this one even tryed installing old msn still would not work.... so i just uninstall it from this pc ..lol thanks all for trying