Sign in to follow this  
Ax Slinger

Ok, Here's Your Answer

I have not posted a single message here since April Fool's day because I haven't had anything to say. Now I do have something to say, so here ya go. And ya better read it fast before it disappears. If that happens, and I believe it will, and you see someone asking about this thread, tell them to contact me if they would like to read what I am about to say. I will keep a copy of this for my own records.

So I believe the question was "What ever happened to Ax anyway?" Well, nothing happened to me. But something sure happened to this forum, and I don't want any part of it anymore. For nearly three years I did things here as if it were my own forum. I helped anyone I could with any problem that I had any idea how to fix, I treated all of you with respect, even those of you who needed to be moderated all too often. And even then I treated every last one of you as fairly as I possibly could. I know some of you don't believe that, but oh well. What can I say? If I said it once I said it a million times that the forum rules apply equally to everyone. Even you.

And I also said many times that includes the forum staff. Unfortunately, this wasn't my forum to make that decision on. It is obvious to me and many other people who have talked to me about it that the rules here, that I wrote with fairness and equality in mind, do not apply equally to everyone, and they never did. They only apply to who the owners and staff wants them to apply to. Some people can get away with anything, while others are given the boot for no reason at all other than personal vendettas. There were a few people here that I didn't particularly like when I was an Administrator here, but unless they broke the rules I just ignored them. Even if someone breaks the rules, they should still be treated fairly.

Over the past few months I have received a lot of PM's asking me why I quit. I didn't feel it was appropriate to answer those questions with the real reasons, but at the same time I refused to lie about it. So without naming names, I will just say this. One of the staff members did something I considered to be inappropriate, that was in my opinion a clear violation of several rules, and I fired that person from the forum staff after giving this person ample opportunity to stop doing what was being done, and this person refused to comply. And yes, I am going out of my way to not reveal this person's identity or gender, because it's the right thing to do. If this person wants to reveal his or her identity, that's not my choice. But even though this person was unfair to me on many occasions, two wrongs do not make a right.

Anyway, Dave and Rob didn't think what I did was appropriate and ordered me to reinstate that person, and because I felt that was wrong I refused to do it. At the time this happened, I said the same thing I have told many people many times. If you feel something I did was inappropriate, take it up with Dave and Rob and if they agree with you, they can fire me. They felt I over stepped my authority and fired me.

Now if I had done something I have seen be done here many times, a staff member harassing a member for no reason other than a personal vendetta, I would not have had a problem with that. I would have deserved to be fired for something like that, and I would have expected it. But that was not the case. What I did was warranted, and done in accordance with the forum rules that I believe should apply equally to everyone, but clearly do not.

I have also received a lot of PM's asking me to come back, and even a few that hinted that Dave and Rob wanted me to come back. They should have contacted me themselves if that was the case, but they didn't. In any case, it simply will not happen. The main reason for that is that I want nothing to do with any forum that is not run 100% fairly. I do not play favorites, and I will not stand by and watch people harassing other people, and I certainly won't allow people to do that to me.

Some of the members here, as well as some of the staff members, are good friends of mine and I do miss them. But I have my principles and I live by them. It's just a shame that some people here don't do that. So there ya have it. For the record, I wasn't angry or anything. Yes, I was offended in some ways about the way I was treated after all the things I did for this forum. But I was not angry about it. I took what I did here seriously, but not that seriously. I wrote it off as another life lesson learned and moved on. I suggest all of you do the same.

Edited by Ax Slinger

See I told y'all he could speak right well for himself...and he did.... :) vj

For what it's worth Ax, I still wish amends could be made. Alot of us miss your presence here. -kd5-

Guest Hurdy

I can't see any bush to beat around.

So..

Be gone

And stay gone.

ax,

we never got along too well but you were always incredibly fair to me and i thought you were a good administrator. i wish you all the best in life. :)

Edited by Angela

I can't see any bush to beat around.

So..

Be gone

And stay gone.

Ax did more for this site than you'll ever do...I would just stay away from this one Hurdy.....not an order..just some advice.

Thanks ax, for being a great member, I understand now why you left, and if I were put in that position, I would probably leave too. We miss your presence here, but hopefully we'll manage.

Maybe one day something will change.

Thank you for being who you are :)

Guest Hurdy

Ax did more for this site than you'll ever do...I would just stay away from this one Hurdy.....not an order..just some advice.

He may have done a lot for the site but a sight less for the membership.

I've told you once before Ax, but I'll tell you again....you are a dear friend and miss you. Thank you for all you've done for me on this forum :wub:

He may have done a lot for the site but a sight less for the membership.

I ask ya to just stay away from this one...can ya do that for me??

Hey Ax good to see ya. I've missed having you around and hope this is the first in a string of posts here. It's a shame that it's gotten to where people feel it's their duty to make members feel unwelcome. I sincerely hope you know how much we enjoy having you.

Ax buddy, you where a great administrator and I miss your presence here. I wish you'd be reinstated as admin then maybe things around here might run a bit better but alas I will respect your stance and see where you're comming from. I think the pits has lost a great asset with your absence. I also share some of the sentiments in your posts.

I wish you well buddy. :beer:

Ax,

I never would have stayed around and learned so much, if it hadn't have been for you.

You welcomed me and coached me, even when I must have been a pain.

I still have some of your PM'ed technical fixes saved to a CD.

And yes, I still have some of your personal style coaching saved to disk, though I can't vouch for any results as yet. Still working on it buddy, and grateful to you.

I still have enormous respect for you, and well wishes for your and yours.

Best Regards,

Doug

Interesting that the present admins and mods are asking us to sort our differences and to be kinder to each other and more considerate.

Not an unreasonable request.

Maybe they should do likewise.

For what it's worth Ax, I still wish amends could be made. Alot of us miss your presence here. -kd5-

I would have to second that Ax!

Heck, still need ya to fix those links. :P

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

Interesting that the present admins and mods are asking us to sort our differences and to be kinder to each other and more considerate.

Not an unreasonable request.

Maybe they should do likewise.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to be more considerate. :)

Thank you Ax for posting that. It's always a pleasure to see you posting at the Pit, in any capacity. Maybe that Pit Stop Handy Man/Janitor job is still available :lol:Sorry folks, private joke he had going for a time. :lol:

I hope to see you 'round these parts more often. Miss you here, my friend. :)Y

Ax... love ya mean it. You are a very good friend to me and I appreciate you always being there for me!!! I miss you here tho and always will.

:oreo::oreo::oreo::oreo::oreo:

Tim, you know how I feel. You were a great asset here. You are sorely missed.

But, I'll be seeing you around. :rolleyes:;)

Ax, I think that you were a very fair person through and through. It's a shame that you're prescense is no longer here. The pit is just not the same without you. You kept this ship in perfect shape..

Have a good one :beer: