Sign in to follow this  
Guest gundog17

very slow

Guest gundog17

I ran the test and scored all checkered flage with a 1254, so I believe that this problem is probably not related to my pc. Also, the download speed is 4577kbps and upload is 472kbps and am using a motorla cable modem on windows xp.

I still have a real slow internet performance. This is a recent problem, and I have no idea as to how to determine what is causing it. I have defragmented and ran a disc clean-up. I've run ad-aware and spybot and also am subscribed to norton antivirus.

How can I tell what's bogging me down? Taskmanager really does nothing for me since I don't know what most of the process names mean.

I believe that this is an IE problem since my scores are very good and no programs are affected when I'm off line.

Any guideance would be very helpful and appreciated.

I'm giving a link that explains what you have running in task manager.....if need or not

When the site page loads.....click on the task button....you can manually search or type into the search bar

answersthatwork

Guest gundog17

Juliet,

Thanks for the great link. I'm going to have to spend some time reviewing all of them, but it looks like a nice start.

I'm not sure about how to post a test result. I hope that it's just a link of the rest.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/Summary...?conid=13509786

Also, does anyone know anything about viruses? I have several files (60+)called "bwgo*.exe" in my temp dir. What are they?

Thanks

this is a google search for *"bwgo*.exe"

"bwgo*.exe"

and thank you glad I could help with the other link.

Uninstall Google Earth and see if your speeds increase. That program wrecks havoc on some pc's. Juliet gave you a link for the bwgo.exe.

Edited by Signman