Sign in to follow this  
it_is_minta

Laptop

I have a Intel Pentium CSI laptop that I have just installed windows xp in and it is not finding a modem at all.The model # for the Laptop is MS2117.I have downloaded a few modems on here and transfered the file to the laptop but it isnt giving me a set-up file.Cant someone please help me.

Is CSI the manufacturer? Can't find anything on them or model. Did it work be fore install? If so, go to device manager and see if it shows.

All it has is CSI on the front.and under device manager i am gettin pci modem but it isnt working.It was working before it all crashed.Now I have lost everything.Does the windows have to be active to take this or can I do this before i activate the windows.?

Could it be an AOPEN model MS2117?

I found drivers for AOPEN but we need to know what modem card is in there.

Edited by Signman

ok guys here i am trying to connect it through the desk top and route it to net from it but its showing connection 4.0 mgps but desktop not showing anything am i hooked to something wrong and i still cant send or transfer to the laptop with desktop.i am at a loss here.tell u what if u run msn messy pm me at

lil_pink_ridin_hood2005@yahoo.com then maybe u can help lol cause i am at a loss here and thanks for all your help i really appresate it.

Download and install--or borrow--acopy of Belarc Advisor free and run it ---it will show you all the names of the parts inside the computer

You will find your modem and driver number listed in the parts list

:)

Chop, I found a listing of 82 drivers .......here. Need to know which modem he has. I guess he could just try the most common ones if all else fails. Maybe the Belarc Adviser will identify which one he has. Theoldgardener has a good suggestion.....thanks!

Chop, I found a listing of 82 drivers .......here.  Need to know which modem he has.  I guess he could just try the most common ones if all else fails.  Maybe the Belarc Adviser will identify which one he has.  Theoldgardener has a good suggestion.....thanks!

Belarc may not ID the modem precisely without a driver installed. What would it use to ID the driver? Magic? All it does is take an inventory of drivers, software, BIOS and some firmware....it does not do any "deep" analysis. I could be wrong though....maybe that will work.

82 drivers? :woot: I guess that rules out the process of elimination.

Edited by Chopdoc

LOL guys I ran the the advisor nad once again u was right it didnt tell me anything except that there were a few things that needed to be here and wasnt.But still at a loss i ran a thing on it that is suppose to pull deleted or reformatted drives and got something back but have no clue yet how to get them bck lol and i am a she but i am usually computer smart but this has really got me against the wall cant figure it out at all