Sign in to follow this  
Rebel=UK=

Police Shoot Man dead

fire and ask questions later when it comes to a situation like that.  london has been the target of two terrorist attacks in a two weeks and like american police they dont think its worth the risk anymore.

With that attitude the police become instant terrorists - spreading the fear of being shot because you look 'suspicious'. Edited by Neo X1

With that attitude the police become instant terrorists - spreading the fear of being shot because you look different.

sigh. i never said based on appearance. i said acting suspicious. not just based on nationality.

sigh.  i never said based on appearance.  i said acting suspicious.  not just based on nationality.

I didn't mean it that way, I meant the same way you did. It's all outside appearance. "he looked jittery", "she smelled funny", "they looked out of place".

I edited that post.

Edited by Neo X1

Never ever trust a cop. They always lie.That's what they're trained to do.

alas, finally, iain and i agree 110% and for the same exact reasons. they are trained in the art of entrapment and resort to some of the lowest tactics ive ever witnessed.

BUT.... we live in a world where you cant be too careful anymore. got to report ANYTHING suspicious, got to shoot when someone fails to follow a direction, got to snoop around in something that has even the slightest odor to it.

my two cents.

its all good neo, we misunderstood each other.

Edited by Angela

Can't argue with that... but like I said...

"For the sake of the officers who shot him and the lives they potentially saved, I hope he was a terrorist."

It'd be incredibly sad if this man lost his life because of paranoid police officers and his own (irrational?) fear that caused him to run.

Yep, i agree..

However, it would look odd of you're an officer and someone takes to foot, clearing the ticket barriers and jumping straight onto a train...

If this fella wasn't a terrorist, he must have been pretty damn paranoid himself...

Ya just dont see one random person take off like that...

Plus, he had the option to run the other way, up the stairs...

I didn't mean it that way, I meant the same way you did. It's all outside appearance. "he looked jittery", "she smelled funny", "they looked out of place".

But in this case he ran. That's a bit different than just looking jittery.

Wigan and Chopdoc, I was not referring to this incident with my post. I was talking about the ramifications of Angela's rationale. I think they did the right thing in chasing that guy down, for the most part.

Seems as though they have been tailing this guy since yesterday.

As for shots setting off any explosives. One would hope they capped him in the head ;)

One would hope.....

I wonder if this is the guy they were looking for. Have there been any reports stating that?

Wigan and Chopdoc, I was not referring to this incident with my post. I was talking about the ramifications of Angela's rationale. I think they did the right thing in chasing that guy down, for the most part.

No problem, i agree with what you said anyway...

:)

She said "in situations like this".

Granted, that is making some assumptions...but essentially I have to agree. I am not saying to shoot anybody that is suspicious, but assuming they thought ths guy had explossives, and he ran onto a train, they had to shoot him I would think.

Police shot a man dead at a London underground rail station on Friday during a hunt for bombers who struck two weeks after suicide attacks killed 52 rush-hour commuters.

Saying the man was directly linked to an "anti-terrorist" probe, police asked for help in tracing four men in connection with the attacks that caused chaos but killed no one in Thursday's apparent bid to repeat the July 7 attacks.

:erm:

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....-BRITAIN-DC.XML

edit: fixed the link - good thing I noticed it :)

ty Neo :beer:

Edited by Sir T Fireball

and he ran onto a train, they had to shoot him I would think.

You just brought up (unintentionally :P ) a good point. Why the hell would you run onto a train if you're trying to get away because you're scared? :huh: I'd be heading for the exit, not a closed space that's has obstacles (doors between cars).

Then again, if he did have explosives you'd think they'd tell us by now...

imo the guy who ran if innocent deserves the darwin award, he brought it upon himself either way. Sad yes, but come one now that like me running from police through an airport in the states, id be shot in a second.

You just brought up (unintentionally :P ) a good point. Why the hell would you run onto a train if you're trying to get away because you're scared? :huh: I'd be heading for the exit, not a closed space that's has obstacles (doors between cars).

Then again, if he did have explosives you'd think they'd tell us by now...

Good place to take hostages?

Good place to take hostages?

Not really, too much glass, too many doors.

Yes....no doubt there is still a great deal of mystery.

Indeed

Guest fragged one

Less chance of being shot if surrounded by the public.

they shot him anyway :rolleyes:

It's about dam time...

Quit playing pattycake with these terrorist.

Take um down.

They need to do this in Iraq...call out stop

if they don't stop..bury them. :angry:

Guest Trackrat

Never ever trust a cop. They always lie.That's what they're trained to do.

I

Even if you have been busted that is still a cynical attitude to have.

There will always be corrupt policemen/women, but you cannot tar all police with the same brush.

have read all the posts so this could have been said:

Police in these parts dont carry guns as standard, it seems to me that this guy was under surveillance, as he he thought to be on of the failed ones yesterday.