Sign in to follow this  
Rebel=UK=

Police Shoot Man dead

Guest Trackrat

Lets just hope that he was a suicide bomber, if not the doGooders & politically correct brigade will have a field day.

Lets just hope that he was a suicide bomber, if not the doGooders & politically correct brigade will have a field day.

Yeah...those damn do-gooders won't let the police kill innocent citizens. What's wrong with them?

Sorry, but even if it were a criminal unrelated to this there is a danger of an uproar....like the guy who snatched a purse yesterday. It would have been perfectly reasonable to drop him...

EDFIT: The guy was jumpingover a toll gate evading police.....not innocent even if he wasn't a terrorist. Running from police in the aftermath of such a situation is begging for bullets.

Edited by Chopdoc

Armed officers opened fire up to six times on the suspect as he hurdled a ticket barrier and raced along a platform at Stockwell station.

What about if he was running, only because he didn't want to miss the train? Isn't that a possibilty?

What about if he was running, only because he didn't want to miss the train? Isn't that a possibilty?

Over a ticket barrier? After a bomb attack?

Better to be late.

Over a ticket barrier? After a bomb attack?

Better to be late.

Yes, well you never know.

Lets just see if the news will unveal that he was carrying a bomb on him. Or if he was wearing a rucksack?

I am not arguing with you here, I am only saying what first came into my head :tup:

I understand completely. What should be understood is that although you aren't under martial law, anybody who chooses to evade the police even for a moment right now stands a much higher chance of getting shot than normal. That should be understood.

Even in the US right now, security is heightened because of the bombings.....you do something stupid and you are more likely to get shot....it just naturally follows.

Sorry, but even if it were a criminal unrelated to this there is a danger of an uproar....like the guy who snatched a purse yesterday. It would have been perfectly reasonable to drop him...

..only if the correct protocol was observed - otherwise we might as well let the police start taking potshots at everyone. Why not? Let's get rid of the undesiorables...see that dead kid over there? He might have grown up to be a muslim Man, I just saved your :filtered: and all you can do is moan about it? Ready...aim....

A difference between London and an American city, is that we are not accustomed to our police having firearms AND willing to use them. It will take a bit of getting used to, but I think it is something we are going to have to accept from now on. We have always been proud of the fact that our policemen do not carry weapons as a matter of norm - it's time for us to think long and hard about this and accept that times have changed.

I am all in favour of arming our police - each and every one of them. There will be more shootings and some will be mistakes. That's the price we have to pay for our governments crimes against Muslim peoples and countries.

Never ever trust a cop. They always lie.That's what they're trained to do.

I

Take it you've trained to be a cop then?..

Otherwise, that statement holds no meaning...

..only if the correct protocol was observed -

Yes of course, but even correct protocol levaes room for police discretion. Under the current circumstances, even following correct protocol...it would be more dangerous than normal to try to evede the police.

Yes of course, but even correct protocol levaes room for police discretion. Under the current circumstances, even following correct protocol...it would be more dangerous than normal to try to evede the police.

Agreed... there wll inevitably be a grey area...and I'm sure the protocol for that is "if in doubt, shoot"...and that's fair enough.

Reports sugest that the man received at least one warning from the police

Uh-oh....

This witness makes it sound like an execution....

"He half-tripped, was half-pushed to the floor. The policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand, he held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/22...ness/index.html

Of course, we don't know how accurate that is, but as a first report it isn't what we would like to see I would think.

If he had an explosives belt on, they couldn't take any chances. He would only have to press a button or pull a wire etc...shoot to kill is the best policy under current circumstances.

If he had an explosives belt on, they couldn't take any chances. He would only have to press a button or pull a wire etc...shoot to kill is the best policy under current circumstances.

That's a bit touchy actually.....shooting at explossives can set them off....

But I agree, if they knew or strongly believed it, they would have to shoot.

But while he is on the ground subdued? There is more to hear on this I am sure...it is a bit strange on the surface.

Edited by Chopdoc

I'm waiting for more witness accounts, but from what I've read it went down like this...

Suspicious looking character is in the subway, police notice him and make a ruckus about it telling people to "Get out, get out!" and three ran after the guy. The guy runs away until he trips a bit and they push him down. When he's down, a police officer standing near him pointed down and shot him five times.

I think they were OK up until the part where they shot him instead of arresting him. He was down afterall. For the sake of the officers who shot him and the lives they potentially saved, I hope he was a terrorist.

Edited by Neo X1

What you have to remember though is it all unfolded in a split second..

He may have tripped over, but at the heat of the moment they probably felt the needed to unload on him..

Must have happened extrememly quickly, i for one don't blame the officers...

Guest fragged one

if it happened like the witness says, then the officer that killed him deserves to be in jail the rest of his life.

but, we'll wait and see what really happened.

What you have to remember though is it all unfolded in a split second..

He may have tripped over, but at the heat of the moment they probably felt the needed to unload on him..

Must have happened extrememly quickly, i for one don't blame the officers...

Can't argue with that... but like I said...

"For the sake of the officers who shot him and the lives they potentially saved, I hope he was a terrorist."

It'd be incredibly sad if this man lost his life because of paranoid police officers and his own (irrational?) fear that caused him to run.

I can't say I'm blaming them for anything, I am sure it was all very fast and they did their jobs as best they could. I am just saying that eyewitness report sort of put it in a bad light.

fire and ask questions later when it comes to a situation like that. london has been the target of two terrorist attacks in a two weeks and like american police they dont think its worth the risk anymore.