Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragged one

"patriot" act extension

From the Patriot act to "milking cows" ( whatever that means :blink: )wow lol

:P

Don't worry about it, Aussies and the Brits are more worried about the Cricket! It is pretty even, Mate!

Crazy Races of People, just sort it out, Mate!

:beer: :beer:

i dont have a problem with extending any of this. if your doing nothing wrong, no worries.

Thats what they used to say when "MCarthyism" first started.

You simply can't undue the damage, number of abuses, lives destroyed, careers destroyed, and innocent victims of the "idiots" who peeked though keyholes, picked apart people and everything around them.

Ben Franklin said it best...............

There's two ways of going about the feeling of security. You can see them both in everyday society. We'll call them "aggressive" and "passive". The aggressive is actually paranoid, constantly looking for new threats and more effective protection. Snaching up tasers and guns like candy, looking over his shoulder as he upgrades his home security system and buys a new urban assualt vehicle, spying on his neighbors, he will actually believe himself when he tells you that his collection of automatic assault rifles and gernades and land mines are just for self defense. He is scared to death of what might happen and nothing will ever make him feel safe. The passive walks around without guns or armor. He doesn't stare down strangers on the street. He doesn't even notice when the government tells him he should fell a bit yellow or orange that day. He enjoys his life. He knows that there is a small chance that something bad may happen, but if it does, at least he will be having a good time up to that point. He smiles, and maybe laughs to himself, when he sees a paraniod commando on the street, knowing its a waste to have life and not enjoy it.

Our government is quite paranoid, and they're converting more and more of our citizens with everything they do in the name of "safety"

Darn right Bush and minions are paranoid---paranoya got them elected by less than one percent---they have an overwhelming majority

Patriot act is a constitution destroyer-- and was meant to be that way---no real protections are included in it--just overreactions by frightened children hiding in adult bodies and voting like frightened children...

:angry::angry::angry:

Oh joy--the threat of McCarthyism imposed by paranoids.

Extending of the Patriot Act will diminish our rights, and as such it will be another victory for the terrorists.

Edited by rhizome

paranoya got them elected by less than one percent

really?

zbush.gif

less than 1% huh?

if you dont like the people in power then campaign harder for your party next go round, write your congressmen and express yourself, become a lobbyist, etc.

paranoya got them elected by less than one percent

I don't believe that is correct. In fact I think it would be more accurate to say that the Democratic vote was based on paranoia. They were trying to sell everybody more on the potential disaster of re-electing a republican than they were on any benefit of electing Kerry. They were selling paranoia....and none of what they predicted is coming true......

:filtered: it. I'm moving to Canada.

That's been a thought of mine also. Right now I'm considering building an artificial island somehow and declaring it a nation. I'm thinking "Island Bob" right now... its a work in progress. B)

Not to speak for neo, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be a customer anyway.

hmmmmm. im confident neo would let me on his Island. hes not that shallow.

hmmmmm. im confident neo would let me on his Island. hes not that shallow.

I would expect the idea would be to get away from people like you.

Or maybe thats just my fantasy island.

Edited by crookedwilly

I don't think you'd be able to handle our level of freedom...

...especially when Bruce struts by in his pitstop thong. :lol:

oh do elaborate.  what kind of people am I?

Bush supporter!!! *gets pitchfork*

:lol:

Edited by Neo X1

That's been a thought of mine also. Right now I'm considering building an artificial island somehow and declaring it a nation. I'm thinking "Island Bob" right now... its a work in progress. B)

You can do that, and you wouldn't be the first.

One guy who did it with an oil derek about 20 years ago found himself in trouble when a bunch of guys got together and invaded his sovereign nation and took it over.

He was no longer under the protection of the US...so he had to hire mercenaries to take his property back.

oh do elaborate. what kind of people am I?

You are the kind of person that I see as a bigger threat to everything that I hold dear about this nation that I love than any terrorist or any weak poor nation thousands of miles away ever will be.

Edited by crookedwilly