Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragged one

"patriot" act extension

i dont have a problem with extending any of this. if your doing nothing wrong, no worries.

Did you know the word guileless isn't in the dictionary? :huh:

:P

You know? To get rid of these IDIOTS now, guess we all have to give up some Rights to find out who is Phoney, Mate?

It will happen now!

:beer: :beer:

This does not scare me as much as the fact that most of the public either just don't care, or even worse, Think it's a good idea! We still have a say in what happens, we still have the methods and avenues to change this yet it is unlikely that we will. Everyone is suffering from the "not my problem" syndrome and just rolling over and going back to sleep on this.

You just watch, this will only brush the headlines for a day or so, and then we won't even know what's going on or where.

What strikes me as even more asinine the likelyhood that some self-important blowhard elected by the sleeping public will demand that we be 'Politically Correct' in implimenting this tripe, and our Big Brothers will be wasting their time conducting 'mandatory random' inquiries into grandma Smith's affairs because they haven't met their quota for 'elderly white women' to make sure they are being fair and truely random in their searches.

Guest fragged one

You know? To get rid of these IDIOTS now, guess we all have to give up some Rights to find out who is Phoney, Mate?

It will happen now!

:filtered: you.

my favorite quote goes here: They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

It will happen now!

Drovers personal medical records have nothing to do with getting rid of "idiots"...

The more information we give them the more they use it against us.

and

you have yet to answer me. :P

I'm opening "Neo's Protection Services" next week. Our protection suite is great. You get a nice 8x10 box to sleep in with sturdy bars to keep the bad people out and we have a highly trained staff of heavily armed men to keep you all safe. :)

I'm not comfortable with anyone looking at my information.

Wiretaps? Get outta here!

When it costs any of us our essential freedoms to stop terrorism, that's when Mr. Bush has to take a step back and look at the Bill of Rights, which he so blithely ignores.

:mrsgreen:

This does not scare me as much as the fact that most of the public either just don't care, or even worse, Think it's a good idea! We still have a say in what happens, we still have the methods and avenues to change this yet it is unlikely that we will. Everyone is suffering from the "not my problem" syndrome and just rolling over and going back to sleep on this.

You just watch, this will only brush the headlines for a day or so, and then we won't even know what's going on or where.

What strikes me as even more asinine the likelyhood that some self-important blowhard elected by the sleeping public will demand that we be 'Politically Correct' in implimenting this tripe, and our Big Brothers will be wasting their time conducting 'mandatory random' inquiries into grandma Smith's affairs because they haven't met their quota for 'elderly white women' to make sure they are being fair and truely random in their searches.

I betcha.....we got plenty of Politians....who don't want *Their records up for public display...wink wink......Hey Clinton? ( for example)

Did you know the word guileless isn't in the dictionary? :huh:

whats your point neo?

and if anyone is so offended by this bill then i suggest you write your congressmen. its gonna pass. end of discussion. they wont find links to terrorism in my medical records or by looking at a print out of the library books i check out. they wont find what they are looking for listening in on my phone calls either. no harm, no foul.

I'm opening "Neo's Protection Services" next week. Our protection suite is great. You get a nice 8x10 box to sleep in with sturdy bars to keep the bad people out and we have a highly trained staff of heavily armed men to keep you all safe. :)

Put me down for one Neo....

whats your point neo?

and if anyone is so offended by this bill then i suggest you write your congressmen. its gonna pass. end of discussion. they wont find links to terrorism in my medical records or by looking at a print out of the library books i check out. they wont find what they are looking for listening in on my phone calls either. no harm, no foul.

Here either Angela.....they'll think....man what a waste of my time..

Guest fragged one

i think we should all do one thing a week that is 'suspicious' just to waste their time.

:filtered: you.

my favorite quote goes here: They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

:cheers::tup::tup:

Guest fragged one

i just want to scream...

DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER THIS? HUH? SEEM A BIT FAMILIAR??!!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

ANYONE? HOW ABOUT THE FOURTH AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION?!

whats your point neo?

Nobody realizes there's a problem until its too late. The people who FOUNDED this country knew better than to trust the government and put in writing that would help protect us from the government if it overstepped its bounds. I'm having a very hard time understanding how people can be so credulous and just accept what the government feeds them - especially when they're of the same party. If Clinton was trying to get this passed, every republican in the US would be trying to have him hanged. Bush does it and half of you guys got "Thanx Dubbya! :tup:".

I'm utterly disgusted. I'll be back later after I'm done vomiting.

every republican in the US would be trying to have him hanged.

not this republican.

terrorism must be stopped by any means possible.

and i dont think they will be snooping around in the lives of every american.

dont like it, write your congressman. get different people elected.

i just want to scream...

Start screaming fragged. I'll join you.

:tup:

i just want to scream...

Just to upset your Day? The Amendmendments don't work on International Things, Mate, just Locally!

Guest fragged one

we shouldn't have to deal with such an anti-american government to begin with!!!

Guest fragged one

Just to upset your Day? The Amendmendments don't work on International Things, Mate, just Locally!

yeah, and neither does the patriot act...

drover, i'm sensing the 1D 10T error from you...