Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Are the Minuteman the answer?

I searched the forum to see if this topic had been covered, I did not see anything so I figured why not?

Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. http://www.minutemanhq.com/

good? bad?

I say good for them. Im all for these people doing what they are doing. bout time someone got it together. :tup:

If this particular claim is true, then I say they do a good thing.

The Minuteman Project has no affiliation with, nor will we accept any assistance by or interference from separatists, racists or supremacy groups or individuals, no matter what their race, color, or creed.

as requested, a brief about the minuteman:

WELCOME

The Minuteman Project  is not a call to arms, but a call to voices seeking a peaceful and respectable resolve to the chaotic neglect by members of our local, state and federal governments charged with applying U.S. immigration law.

It is a call to bring national awareness to the decades-long careless disregard of effective U.S. immigration law enforcement.  It is a reminder to Americans that our nation was founded as a nation governed by the "rule of law", not by the whims of mobs of ILLEGAL aliens who endlessly stream across U.S. borders.

Accordingly, the men and women volunteering for this mission are those who are willing to sacrifice their time, and the comforts of a cozy home, to muster for something much more important than acquiring more "toys" to play with while their nation is devoured and plundered by the menace of tens of millions of invading illegal aliens.

Future generations will inherit a tangle of rancorous, unassimilated, squabbling cultures with no common bond to hold them together, and a certain guarantee of the death of this nation as a harmonious "melting pot."

The result:  political, economic and social mayhem.

and....

We must prevail, we will prevail. We shall overcome the effort by many to identify this movement as irresponsible; we will be victorious in proving the skeptics wrong. Our efforts will change the course of history and ignite others to stand with courage to make a change. Many are waiting for the outcome and will themselves be motivated with a new sense of activism; we will be leaders who will make a difference, role models who will influence future generations. Are you with us, Americans? If yes, then “let's roll”!

i love these people, good for them.

does that help neo?

Edited by Angela

If what I think they're trying to do is correct, then it sounds good to me... but I'm not 100% awake yet, lol.

They should consider hiring a professional writer and a web designer to redesign their site to give them that extra professional edge. Make them seem more polished as well as convey their purpose without anyone getting the wrong idea. Just an idea, though me posting it here won't help them much. :lol:

yes, that helped. :beer:

Edited by neo x1

They should consider hiring a professional writer and a web designer to redesign their site to give them that extra professional edge. Make them seem more polished as well as convey their purpose without anyone getting the wrong idea.

volunteer neo. :beer:

Well, I can't say I've never designed a site for free before, but because of the nature of the site (some may find it controversial), I'd rather not show any affiliation to them by volunteering to design it. Gotta keep my business and (I can't think of the word I actually wanna use, but I'll use the word politics) politics seperate. But if they wanted to purchase some web design, I'd be all for it. :lol:

When I first looked at it ... I thought it was dads army with nukes ..... private Pike with his finger on the button would worry me .....

Armed ....?...Next step...?

then somebody (unregulated, untrained, young ) hot head fancies a bit of target practise ?

needs to be a bit careful

INFORMANTS ARE WANTED WHO HAVE LEGALLY OBTAINED PRECISE INFORMATION LEADING TO THE INDICTMENT, ARREST AND CONVICTION OF ANY PERSON OR BUSINESS ENGAGED IN THE ILLEGAL ALIEN SLAVE LABOR TRADE, INCLUDING THE SMUGGLING, HARBORING, OR HIRING OF ILLEGAL ALIENS, OR THE EVASION OF EMPLOYMENT TAXES OR REQUIRED WORKER'S COMP INSURANCE ON SUCH EMPLOYEES.

ALSO, THE PROJECT IS INTERESTED IN INFORMATION CONCERNING FRAUD COMMITTED BY ELECTED OR APPOINTED PUBLIC OFFICIALS, OR THEIR EMPLOYEES

Wasn't this tried before (Mc Carthyism ) .."s your neighbour a communist ..?"

The intent seems good ...I guess

We've got ..Neighbourhood watch schemes , but they are run by police leasion officers

Edited by Tankus

the whole idea is to do this within the confines of the law.

its a real problem in this country and im happy to see someone doing something about it. the us border patrol can shoot you coming across the border too. could just as easily have a hot head working legit.

they have to be armned, you never know what people sneaking into this country might have.

and its far better than the idea that we should put up water stations to quench the thirst of people in our country illegal and they have to cross the desert. sigh.

id volunteer for them if i lived on a border state. without a doubt.

Can someone explain to me why a Mexican would risk his life to cross the border illegally, something he knows is wrong?

I'll tell you why - there's no other choice. Most of these Mexicans are working double, sometimes triple jobs, but because of the :filtered: Mexican government are still not making nearly enough money to feed their family or put a roof over their family's heads. They take the risk to come to the US so they can do just that. Kind of like the man who steals a loaf of bread to feed his family- illegal...but you can understand why he did it.

Both my parents were fortunate enough to make the journey alive, and are now both US citizens, not just residents. Both work, contribute to society and make solid money. And now I'm here ready to dedicate my life to the US

But yes...it is illegal. Are there risks involved in illegals coming across the border? Of course there are. Do I support the Minuteman project? I just don't see how I can.

Do I support the Minuteman project? I just don't see how I can.

seriously though chris, tell us why? is it because your folks experience? i can understand not wanting to throw your support behind something that strikes close to home, but dont you, as an american, think this is wrong?

im just curious, not trying to start anything.

seriously though chris, tell us why? is it because your folks experience? i can understand not wanting to throw your support behind something that strikes close to home, but dont you, as an american, think this is wrong?

His parents might not be here and hence he might not be here.

At least that's my guess.

If done properly there is nothing wrong with the project I think. But the potential for abuse is high I think, so care should be taken to guard against that.

My father was an immigrant, but legally. Would he have tried to come if he couldn't do it legally? I doubt it, but he was a doctor and thus had many options open to him. He is not from Mexico anyway.

I do think it's wrong and for me it's an extremely difficult thing to support, as it is difficult for me to support.

I know it's wrong and I understand the risks involved, but so many Mexicans die just trying to make a better life for themselves, something I think everyone in the world has a right to do.

The whole concept is cheesy at best, maybe instead of wasting their time patrolling the borders they could lobby in Washington to have the government do their job and protect the American people. It is like fundraising in schools so they can buy textbooks, the government should just step up and use the tax money for what it is meant to be used for.

I know it's wrong and I understand the risks involved, but so many Mexicans die just trying to make a better life for themselves, something I think everyone in the world has a right to do.

i agree. totally.

but they dont have a right to do it at the expense of me or you.

and when people sneak across the border 9 times out of 10 we pay thier medical bills, and the money it costs to deport them, welfare, etc, etc.

there are legal ways. thats the only way acceptable to me.

Guest Hurdy

The whole concept is cheesy at best, maybe instead of wasting their time patrolling the borders they could lobby in Washington to have the government do their job and protect the American people.  It is like fundraising in schools so they can buy textbooks, the government should just step up and use the tax money for what it is meant to be used for.

Most excellent post Mr Guru.

i agree. totally.

but they dont have a right to do it at the expense of me or you.

and when people sneak across the border 9 times out of 10 we pay thier medical bills, and the money it costs to deport them, welfare, etc, etc.

there are legal ways. thats the only way acceptable to me.

Illegals get welfare?

Yes, deporting them is an expense....but I don't think they are actually doing much harm to you or me financially.

It is very different than in the UK. In the UK they easily can get an income and a flat. Here they have to make it on their own, and most do. I think it's tragic that they are severely taken advantage of.

The fact is that I see it as protecting their rights more than ours. They don't have much in the way of rights here...so catchiung them helps stop Americans from abusing them.

Yes, they have it better here even when being taken advantage of, but we have to measure things by US standards and by our standards typical treatment of resident illegals is criminal.

Get them out when found, and when Americans are found abusing them by employing them illegally at low wages and in poor conditions, punidh the employers.

yes

you bet they do. food stamps, medicare, afdc, you name it. hell we let them get a drivers license.

do you know how many pregnant women sneak across the border so they can have a baby born in a US hospital on all of our dimes? the second that baby is born its a citizen and we dont throw our own people out as a general rule and by default mom is now safe too.

the ins is the wart on the rear end of this country. its a free for all, a circus, its shameful.

I ain't ever heard no good songs about kicking folk out of someplace.

Edit: My eternal shame.

:lol:

I must admit I wavered a bit there 'til I thought of ol' Woody. :lol:

Edited by moon

but I don't think they are actually doing much harm to you or me financially.

Come to California

I have a friend who has been in the construction field for many years and has licenses for electrician, plumber, and installing fire suprresion systems he can not find a job here that will pay him more than 10-15 dollars an hour, because there are many contractors here that have no problem in hiring illegal's for 6-7 dollars an hour.

because there are many contractors here that have no problem in hiring illegal's for 6-7 dollars an hour.

Them contractors want locking up.

Guest Hurdy

I ain't ever heard no good songs about kicking folk out of someplace.

:lol:

I must admit I wavered a bit there 'til I thought of ol' Woody.    :lol:

Played that song last week and still didn't see the correlation....

Seriously, I'm so full of shame and remorse.

I'm not worthy of my av.