Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

Drm

I got mozilla now and I found a DRM pluggin can I delete it or will it break something?

It's nice that Mozilla actually shows what plugins are installed. :blink: Thats been n your PC all along, you downloaded it and approved Microsoft installing it opn your PC at windows update.

The only difference now is you "know" it's there becasue Mozilla, unlike Internet Exploder actually tells you it's there. You can delete it, I am sure it will find a way of reinstalling itself the next time you use windows media player, or media player may not play some files from within Mozilla.

Thats a perfectly acceptable solution to me, I just choose to use a different media player, one that doesn't include all of Microsofts filthy little DRM restrictions and plugins. If that means I can't play "proprietary" formats that suits me just fine. I prefer open standards that are cross platform, and not independant on any one company or Operating system.

All new audio media that I rip to my hard drive gets ripped in the OGG Vorbis format it sounds much better then MP# or WMA, and isn't saddled with licencing/DRM/proprietary format problems.

My video files are saved in DIVX, and there is no plugin installed on my wifes Windows PC just in case MS decides to claim my video files with it's DRM garbage.

I use Linux for 99% of my multimedia stuff, no fear of anyone "yet" laying their little digital garbage on my data.

To see the ActiveX controls you've installed through IE, click Tools | Internet Options | (General tab) Settings | View Objects.

Thank you Bruce, I'm gonna kill it asap, Will try to find another player altho iv"e heard that real player is'nt good either :mrsgreen:

BTW: Dave getting better at those smilies :mrgreen:

RealJukebox and RealPlayer are both fine and i use them with no problems at all. All you need do is when installing change it to custom install instead of default and turn off all the default settings. Then once connected to net when ZA asks for a connection dont allow it and block it from ever connecting and all is hunky dory from then onwards. Works for me anyway :)

Keith

RealJukebox and RealPlayer are both fine and i use them with no problems at all. All you need do is when installing change it to custom install instead of default and turn off all the default settings. Then once connected to net when ZA asks for a connection dont allow it and block it from ever connecting and all is hunky dory from then onwards. Works for me anyway :)

Keith

Yuk!! :tdn::mrgreen: v