Sign in to follow this  
auntiem

Weatherbug\minibugtransporter.dll ?

auntiem   

I upgraded my Norton antivirus to 2005 and ran a scan everything ok there No worms or virus.So I went to the activity log ,clicked on threat alert and this came up: :huh:

Threat category: AdwareSource: C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll,Description: The file C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll is a Adware threat.

Source: C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll

Description: The file C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll is a Adware threat.

Click for more information about this threat : Adware.Minibug

I went to search and put the name in and sure enough....a WeatherBug folder came up....when clicking on it ....it showed a icon with MiniBugTransporter.dll next to it.

I do have weather channel ......but not weather bug.....does weather bug come with aol instant messenger??? (heard somewhere I think it did) and if so can I delete this without it doing anything to aol instant messenger or my system?

Confused!!!!! :blushing:

Wanting for someones reply......Thanks

auntiem   

porksandwich

Yes I chose not to install weather bug too when downloading aol now that I remember.. :blushing: ...but still have the AWS folder when looking in windows explorer. :woot:

(which is AWS\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll )

Even though I unchecked weather Bug...when installing AOL :angry:

NO where on my aol instant messenger is there anything about weather bug though.

Jacee   

Go to Add/Remove and uninstall WeatherBug. Reboot into safe mode:

Restart the computer

Immediately begin tapping the <F8> key.

Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the <Enter> key.

Search for:

C:\PROGRA~1\AWS <--delete the entire folder.

"WeatherPulse" by Tropic Designs does not install any spyware/malware; You can download it here (free).

http://www.tropicdesigns.net

auntiem   

Jacee first thank you for your reply :)

I went to add/move and weather Bug was not there but I knowI have the floder with C:\Program Files\AWS\ Folder.

There is the weather channel in add/remove (which said when I downloaded had no spyware)

So I should just go and do as you said ....C:\PROGRA~1\AWS <--delete the entire folder. I think this folder came with aol even though I unchecked it. I Don't think it came with The weather Channel. But if it did would it be ok to delete this folder and if weather channel weather doesn't work right than... go to add/remove and remove it after? :rolleyes: