Sign in to follow this  
No Mercy...DTA

Error Trying To Instal Game

Did you look at the second link and try their standard answer for install problems? Copy the disc to your hard drive etc and try to install that way?

Yes I saw that.... but I am not sure how to do that.....

Oh wait.... I should be able to leave the disk in... then restart my computer.... then go to the file because hopfully it won't try and load,,,,

i'll try that... :)

:bawling::bawling:

I was able to "explore" the folder(cd)..... but as soon as I click on anything in it... or try and select anything the bloody thing "stoped responding"... then it is back to ctrl alt del to turn it off....

and then........ once back to my desktop I had to retore my desk top.....

It hates me

That was one of the first things I checked when it wouldn't install on my computer either..... It looks ok to me :(

Maybe it is that it is not compatable with SP2...

if I can I will remove it from Williams computer and then see if I can install it maybe.....

however.... Daniel did put cd2 and cd3 in and they both loaded :erm:

maybe cd1 is just screwed!

mercy, you were coping from XP right? The file copy shouldn't make any difference, if its a DOS file or not. You might try a cut & paste the whole CD to the HDD. as a alternitive. (Don't see what difference there would be, but the first one should work, so.) PS the game is Xp compatable right?

The setupexe is on cd1. You should be able to copy the cd. If not my guess is there is a problem with the disc. Can he exchange it? If not Id check out the support options tomorrow rather than struggle with something that may not be at your end.

can't cut.... :(

Think I will take it back and get another game.... even though it has been opened I shouldn't have a problem because we will be exchanging it for the SAME game....

so why whould we buy the came..... Rip it.... then go and exchange it for the same game.....

Maybe I should wait till I am PMSing..... incase they give me a hard time :lol::lol::lol:

Actually.... I'll see if I can remove SP2 from williams computer first......

Edited by No Mercy...DTA

sorry No Mercy, its happened to me, but i didnt do anything , i just left the cd in there and it installed, it took maby 15 minutes, just walk away from it, my case was slightly different if i tried to stop it it wouldnt do anything, so i reset the the pc and tried the install again and it seemed to be locked up but it was only very slow, even the mouse pointer laged.

edit: also performed a clean boot before i installed it :)

Edited by duanester

Your primary IDE should be in DMA mode and not PIO.

Dunno if it has anything to do with the game for sure or not

but may speed up your system where it supposed to be.

Thanks..... I will recheck my PIOs once I am on my computer......

So just to update regaurding the game.... We took it back and exchanged it for another one.... and it installed perfectly...

Taked to the "game guy" at Future shop and he said that this was not the first Star Wars game to be returned because it didn't work.....

When they know that a certain game has had problems.....

They should flipping have a little sign or something saying that they have had, in the past, problems and if you can't install it please come and get another one :angry:

Would have saved me wasting peoples time here if I had known it wasn;t just the computers but the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ty everyone for helping :)

Glad to hear that it was an easy solution.... and never think of it as wasting our time.... I think I speak for everyone here when I say its fun and enjoyable helping or at least trying to help a fellow pit member out

Well hope that you guys enjoy the game

Good luck and goodnight

Jimmy