Sign in to follow this  
moon

The Iraqi Elections

By the way, no brain drains required. Gave him antibiotics, but he had an allergic reaction and now looks like an over-inflated doll :lol:

Poor sod isn't going to survive the NHS methinks :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the reaction. The antibiotics used in such cases do carry higher risk, but it's a serious situation.

Surviving the NHS can be an accomplishment in itself.

BBC link works now.

The UN, as many peeps have often pointed out here, is the sum of its parts. It needs votes in the Security Council to take direct action so criticisms of UN inaction should be directed at the SC permanent Members, not the UN as a body.

7. Corrupt contracts: Mr. Pollock stated erroneously that the “US and Britain held up some obviously corrupt contracts under the Oil-for-Food.” In fact, neither the US, the UK nor any other country held up a single OFFP contract out of concerns over corruption, even though UN staff had flagged suspicious contracts and warned the Security Council committee overseeing the Programme.

All contracts had to be submitted to the UN for approval via the national authorities of each supplier. All details of every contract were known not only by the national authorities of each supplier but also by the members of the Security Council 661 Committee — including, of course, the US — who had the power to approve or hold any contract. All the US and UK “holds” related to concerns about “dual use”, not corruption.

http://www.un.org/News/dh/iraq/shashi-3dec.htm

Oil for food & UN corruption is all a figment of Fox's warped imagination :blank:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4390703.stm

Ain't Representative Democracy a honey ?

Just how long did you think it would take moon?

Have you ever seen such a thing go smoothly even under more ideal circumstances?

I have seen just as much turmoil in getting a student government going.

They will do it. Have some tolerance for a people that are in upheaval in the middle of a war torn land.

Have some tolerance for a people that are in upheaval in the middle of a war torn land.

Oh, I will. I'll have some for Iraqis as well.

Oh, I will. I'll have some for Iraqis as well.

Not very funny. If you need to stretch that far to create insults then why bother?

Iraqis as well? The subject is Iraq....so as well?

Iraqis as well as Iraqis?

There was no other subject even remotely suggested in my post so perhaps you would like to clarify your new subject? Unless of course you are satisfied with not making sense.

Perhaps you mean Ireland?

OK 'doc, let's indulge in a bout of pointless analysis.

You said;

Not very funny.

therefore undeniably admitting that you knew it was a joke. ( even if you didn't like it)

So, what's all the pompous padding about ?

Edited by moon

There was no other subject even remotely suggested in my post so perhaps you would like to clarify your new subject? Unless of course you are satisfied with not making sense.

Made sense to me and was quite amusing too :lol:

lemme alone and get back to helping old sweaty mercy! :P

Why do I get the distinct impression you are going to get me into deep trouble over there? :shifty::lol:

as if you need my help :shifty:

now get in there and tell her the cure is to shave her head, paint her butt purple and to run naked up and down the main street in her hick town screaming "can anyone see me? can anyone see me?"

If they ignore her then she is menopausal - if they throw rocks at her, she needs to get dressed.

tell her you need pics posted to aid your diagnosis - It's ok, she believes anything anyone tells her :beer:

If these I-raqis had started out with an eDemocracy, while they had the chance, they'd have it all sorted by now. :lol: