Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrjktCrx

:: Exeem Has Arrived...

Not sure when it came out but i was bored and tried suprnova.org just to see what was going on... (They got shutdown for anyone that doesnt kno) ... And theyve unleashed their eXeem client... Its in beta right now but its supposed to be like a p2p bitorrent filesharing program...

Not sure when it came out but i was bored and tried suprnova.org just to see what was going on... (They got shutdown for anyone that doesnt kno) ... And theyve unleashed their eXeem client... Its in beta right now but its supposed to be like a p2p bitorrent filesharing program...

I hated to see Supernova go but if this is the same people....thats good stuff :mrgreen:

The software is not illegal, and no one has mentioned using it for illegal activities.

Computers share the files, does that make computers illegal? ;)

p2p has many practical purposes other then downloading pirated software or music.

Absolutely, as I have used these programs for just such a purpose numerous times in the past. ;)

Everyone should give this a try :tup:

edit: sad.

2. How can eXeem™ be free?

eXeem™ is supported only by ad revenue. This allows the developers to continue making upgrades to the network and enhancing the eXeem client for you.

3. Do I have to pay for eXeem™?

No, eXeem™ is completely free and it can only stay free with ads. This is why, trying to remove the ads will only hurt the future development of the program.

No need to check for adware. This "eXeem™ is supported only by ad revenue." says it's adware pretty plainly. But most definately check for spyware, viruses, etc., and check it often.

p2p has many practical purposes other then downloading pirated software or music.

like?!?! Essays, txt files on illegal items, home terror videos, hacking software, viruses, trojans.......... the possibilities of bad things is endless.......

like?!?!

One of the websites I goto provides Torrents for downloading Techno Livesets (big long mixes). That's legal.

Linux distros can also be found for legal download.

You can use a knife to cut food or you can use it to injure/kill people, the possibilities of bad things are endless, but how you use it is up to you. The bittorrent protocol has been used to distribute software by many companies such as linux to save their own bandwidth.

http://www.slackware.com/torrents/

http://torrents.gentoo.org/

http://www.tlm-project.org/

like?!?! Essays, txt files on illegal items, home terror videos, hacking software, viruses, trojans.......... the possibilities of bad things is endless.......

Maybe you shouldn't own a computer because those are used for hacking, sharing terror vids and illegal software. :blink:

Yes of course. And all those old Playboy Mags in the cupboard under the stairs are only there in case we need to refer to one of those excellent and thought provoking articles. :)

Ive installed exeem and ive scanned with ad-aware and it didnt find any spyware, but it has installed a toolbar for IE, except it has a option on the toolbar itself to uninstall it.

The team of developers are from europe, this wouldnt apply to them?

I didn't mean that particular one, I meant in general.

I think it is likely that there will be more of this sort of thing. It's a real problem. If we can't police ourselves we will be policed.