Sign in to follow this  
rdf8585

Best Browser Of 2004?

If I applied that logic, I wouldn't be able to access my online bank account.  ;)

And I wouldnt be able to use Launch.com since FF doesnt seem to work. I tried numereous plugins and even active-x controls for Gecko based browsers and the videos/audio still wont play with FF

Also if you want an enhanced version of IE with more security, tabbed browsing, plugins/extensions (even more than FF), skins, etc....then you can try Maxthon which is basically a much better version of Internet Explorer

Edited by aeroman10

Surprised not more people have said Avant, which is the most download browser at download.com, even more than firefox. I switch between the two, but Avant's good.

i can't wait for something to over take IE for browsers. they'll run into the same problem microsoft has. hackers

people only hack it more because it's the MOST USED. if something else were, then the hackers would target it

And I wouldnt be able to use Launch.com since FF doesnt seem to work. I tried numereous plugins and even active-x controls for Gecko based browsers and the videos/audio still wont play with FF

Also if you want an enhanced version of IE with more security, tabbed browsing, plugins/extensions (even more than FF), skins, etc....then you can try Maxthon which is basically a much better version of Internet Explorer

Thats not a browser flaw, but poor web coding. As is the bank issue.

Personally if I could not do without these services then I would raise stink about it at my bank, or the other crappy coded sites.

Sites not coding with web standards is the problem.

IE6, FF uses too much memory, altho i have a gig of ram i dont like a webbrowser that use's 70-150 megs of ram. If you dont goto spyware riddle'd sites then you wont get the :filtered:. i do a fair ammount of web browsing, and i know if your getting alot of spyware...your looking up something your not susposed to be.

At work i use crazy browser, its tabed browsing and has alot of other nice little features

i dont like using tabed browsing at home tho, i'd rather have 3-4 windows open, i dont mind it.

FireFox, by leaps and bounds ;) . For one thing, it seems to display sites exacly as the code says. This can be a problem if you have a glitch :blushing: as I did, but once I fixed it, my page was better in FF. And, its safer :nospys: . I love FF.....

I usually use FF 90% of the time, and IE and its :filtered: children some of the time (usually Maxthon in that case) ... but since FF has some issues with the site I live at (espn) I'm using the Mozilla Suite more often (not sure why that displays ESPN ok and FF doesn't always)

I love Firefox, as I said I use it the VAST majority of the time. However, it does have weakness: it is not the "lean machine" you refer to it as. It usually uses anywhere up to 60 MB of RAM on my P4 3.0 GHZ, 1024 RAM system.... more than any other browser ... and it's download size (4.7 mb) is small, but maxthon and avant's DL size is "leaner"

Well that quoted statement was true at a time... like after Netscape died (now it's staging a comeback) and before Mozilla picked up steam. I guess that guy likes to party like its 1999.

I love Firefox, as I said I use it the VAST majority of the time. However, it does have weakness: it is not the "lean machine" you refer to it as. It usually uses anywhere up to 60 MB of RAM on my P4 3.0 GHZ, 1024 RAM system.... more than any other browser ... and it's download size (4.7 mb) is small, but maxthon and avant's DL size is "leaner"

The most Firefox uses on my machine is 21,193Kb with up to 7 tabs open.

You should tweak your FF to use less resources.

Edited by jojesa

I like firefox I use it on both my linux and windowz boxes. you do need to install some plug ins, but I think the pop up blocker is far superior to IE.

any word on a firefox 64???

Firefox is safer and faster then IE - great alternative. Try it out. You can get it here. ;)