Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Donna

Do You Remember Why

No offense intended , Iain. Generalisation over brevity equals mush. My apologies.

EDIT : In fact, I extend my apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently hurt with that thoughtless post. I have seen some finely crafted apostrophes here, placed with perfection. I resolve to think before I write.

Not at all, M. It's just me being clever again while trying to portray PCP in a good light.

Brevity over generalisation

[sic] is something I've struggled with from the very start of this board. I suggest members select brevity and rely on the good faith of members to construct generalisations from that point.

Nevertheless, if you either screw up or consciously decide differently, I'm in. At the very least, I'll defend you. Hopefully, I'll defend you vigously.

I

The obvious answer would be because I was having pc problems. What the problem was, I do not remember. I do remember that Dave answered quickly and helped me solve it. Then I believe I started reading about the problems others were having & gained some knowledge. ( hopefully ! )

Another question would have to be :

Why do you keep coming back ? To that I would have to reply - because I am still having problems & learning all the time from the Q & A here. What can I say - there are some really smart people here and they are extremely helpful - I know I shall Never know as much about pc's as the "old-timers / regs. " here, but, I am keeping my pc running rather smoothly ...

As for the General forum ...

I tend to agree with the others who have said that some of the people here are really nice people - I like reading these threads and "getting a look inside their heads" ! :yikes:

Kd,,it was probably about fixing something one of your reg cleaners broke :P something about duplicate entries comes to mind!! :mrgreen: v

Then I noticed that PC Pitstop had a Forum, I registered, but then I don't think I did anything with my new membership right away. I don't quite recall exactly what my first post was about, but it probably had something to do with one of "my utilities", or about reformatting

I joined in hopes of making friends......and thought it cool there was a place to get help if i ever needed it:)......so far so good---havent needed help...lol :)

Don't be a stranger mate! We're all family in here, so jump right in!

The obvious answer would be because I was having pc problems. What the problem was, I do not remember. I do remember that Dave answered quickly and helped me solve it. Then I believe I started reading about the problems others were having & gained some knowledge. ( hopefully ! )

Another question would have to be :

Why do you keep coming back ? To that I would have to reply - because I am still having problems & learning all the time from the Q & A here. What can I say - there are some really smart people here and they are extremely helpful - I know I shall Never know as much about pc's as the "old-timers / regs. " here, but, I am keeping my pc running rather smoothly ...

As for the General forum ...

I tend to agree with the others who have said that some of the people here are really nice people - I like reading these threads and "getting a look inside their heads" ! :yikes:

It may not have been the first,,but "one of your first" was a spyware problem,,it was WNAD exe errors.

http://www.cexx.org/

As for why I come back...how could I ever leave? I can get intelligent arguments over politics and get all the answers I need for my computer...what more do you need? Of course, how could I forget all the great people here at the Pit. I love you all in the sense that you're my family! :)

I had a file called SaveNow.exe on my computer and I didn't know how to get rid of it. I posted at the Pit, and Hammer came to the rescue! My hero! :blushing:;):)

Exactly Jander - well, um, the intelligence aspect is extremely subjective !!!

* NO, NOT referring to YOU or for that matter politial arguements only !

Lol...always looking ahead. Besides, if you did say something about my intelligence, I would probably see it as a joke (how predictable :mrgreen: ).

Hehehehe

I starting watching screensavers and getting their emails. I heard them mention the pit and in one of their emails the pit was mentioned. So, thought I'd check it out. I don't even remember what I posted the first time. But, Donna taught me to copy and paste!! :mrgreen: Volt and Bruce helped alot. I remember when Ax first showed up I thought this kid sure knows alot. I didn't realize he was old, like some of us. :mrgreen: