Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Donna

Do You Remember Why

I was at the Windows BBS one day and saw a link about the tests, so I checked it out and ran a test. There was some weirdness with my memory results that I was curious about. I saw the link for the forum, so I popped in to ask a question about it and say hello, and found out it was just a glitch with how my BIOS was read by the test. (That funky old mainboard has since been replaced...) Then started talking to Volt and a few others about Spyware, and the next thing you know, the Anti-Spyware Brigade was born (on the 4th of July) and I was here all day every day.

I joined in hopes of making friends......and thought it cool there was a place to get help if i ever needed it:)......so far so good---havent needed help...lol :)

I started coming here after seeing it on pcmechanic, I had a really old computer from about 1995, first one I had at home, and it had problems, first I discovered it had about a million items in the waste basket!! and from there, one thing led to another, finally got it going, by coming here and just browsing user to user help etc. Then discovered the forums and got addicted from just looking and decided to join. Giving that old computer to my grandaughter. Yes, its still working!! lol Thanks in part to what I learned here!

Love the pit and the people here! W1

I was at the Windows BBS one day and saw a link about the tests, so I checked it out and ran a test. There was some weirdness with my memory results that I was curious about. I saw the link for the forum, so I popped in to ask a question about it and say hello, and found out it was just a glitch with how my BIOS was read by the test. (That funky old mainboard has since been replaced...) Then started talking to Volt and a few others about Spyware, and the next thing you know, the Anti-Spyware Brigade was born (on the 4th of July) and I was here all day every day.

Must have been about the time that Mouse and I started picking your brain about McAfee?? :mrgreen: v

I had built my first computer and went to a very popular site which looking back was all technical and had not much of a "human side" to it......anyway asked for feedback on my accomplishment and mostly what I got were putdowns and why didn't I do this or that which I had no idea as to what they were talking about and almost no one would take anytime with the "newbie".......after reading some PC Mags I saw a link and ended up here and found some of the best people I have ever known...and most all are still here. That was 2000 and one identity later.....lost my original password and for some reason just re-registered under Devan. :)

You're never gonna let that one die are you, Volt? Ok, so I didn't know any better, and now I do, and it all your fault! :mrwinky:

AVG

Well Ax I remember a time when Volt used to swear by Mcpukefee. I used to tell him "bad volt bad" That was about the same time I was trying to convince him to dump 98/ME and give 2000 a try. He was sceptical to say the least. He eventually installed 2K and dumped Mcpukefee. I still remember him having a hard time finding a sound driver for 2K.

Anyway don't let him ride you about Mcaffee. He was not only a user but used to actually swear by it. Ohhhh bad volt bad.

Well Ax I remember a time when Volt used to swear by Mcpukefee. I used to tell him "bad volt bad" That was about the same time I was trying to convince him to dump 98/ME and give 2000 a try. He was sceptical to say the least. He eventually installed 2K and dumped Mcpukefee. I still remember him having a hard time finding a sound driver for 2K.

Anyway don't let him ride you about Mcaffee. He was not only a user but used to actually swear by it. Ohhhh bad volt bad.

Ah shutup Bruce ya don't have to tell everything ya know!!! :mrgreen::) v

Oh, we all have our little things we used to do, and now we know better. But at least we don't have to admit we ever used AOL. (At least I don't...) :mrgreen:

Geeeeezzz the McAfee was bad enough,,I'll be go to hell if that ever happens!!! :mrgreen:

Even as a test!!! :) v

Oh, we all have our little things we used to do, and now we know better. But at least we don't have to admit we ever used AOL. (At least I don't...) :mrgreen:

I'll go ahead and admit it. I was on AOL way back when you had to pay for it by the hour. I just about fell over dead when I got my first bill($250) :blink::blushing::blushing:

Ahhhhhhhhh gee I confess in 96 I used AOL when I had my first home computer the next year I dumped AOL and never looked back :mrwinky: McAfee I used it for 4 or 5 years it worked really well then started getting bad dat files :mrwinky: Then I started looking for new virus software tried a few before finally moving to AVG :shifty:

Guest Donna

Geeeeezzz the McAfee was bad enough,,I'll be go to hell if that ever happens!!! :mrgreen:

Even as a test!!! :)  v

Bite your tonge v, you put a gater on your machine!!! :blink::nuke::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Not sure at all......and im not even sure how on earth i came across the pit. :erm:

I think i was looking into tweaking my ME a little more than i was, so surfing around following link after link im sure thats how i stumbled across this site.

Keith

Iain's philosophy was a bit shaky. Oh yeah, and nobody knew what an apostrophe was for. I figured the site needed me.

. I remember that. That apostrophic question hurt me pretty good, sort of. Good thing we expect the best of each other. That's what saves us I figure....

I

No offense intended , Iain. Generalisation over brevity equals mush. My apologies. :)

EDIT : In fact, I extend my apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently hurt with that thoughtless post. I have seen some finely crafted apostrophes here, placed with perfection. I resolve to think before I write.

Well, when I was using my Gateway 2000 (Windows 98se), I was (and still am :P ) constantly looking for ways to improve its performance. Always trying to squeeze a little bit more out of it without actually overclocking (which I knew/know very little about except that you can fry your machine rather easily :woot: ). I tried programs to clean, programs to tweak, programs to test (Wintune). Then Winmag ceased to exist :bawling: , so I started doing Searches for programs, then sites, to test my PC and tell me things a novice could do to improve performance. I found a link (quite by accident actually) to PC Pistop.......and it just blew my mind! :mrgreen: I was in heaven!!! :banana:

Then I noticed that PC Pitstop had a Forum, I registered, but then I don't think I did anything with my new membership right away. I don't quite recall exactly what my first post was about, but it probably had something to do with one of "my utilities", or about reformatting :P

It took me awhile to actually feel like I was a part of the "family" here. I mean, I was the newbie! :mrgreen:

But now, there is no other "family" for me but everyone (and I do mean everyone ) here at the Pitstop. No other Forum could make a person feel like he/she was a part of something larger, No other group of people could make me feel like I belong like the group of people here at PC Pitstop.......

And that's the truth... :P -kd5-

Good thing we expect the best of each other. That's what saves us I figure....

I

Couldn't agree more Iain, well said.