Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Donna

Do You Remember Why

Guest Donna

What was the reason you started posting at the pit, Was it something wrong with your puter? Not happy with your score. Do you remember what your first post was, question answer or just a comment?

I was looking for help, can't remember what the problem was now but I do remember that Bruce, Volt and Countrydave were a lot of help. I had lots of replies to my post and couldn't believe how helpful and friendly everyone was. That was over a year ago and I've been hooked ever since. :mrgreen:

Bruce needed a hand with Linux and Iain's philosophy was a bit shaky. Oh yeah, and nobody knew what an apostrophe was for. I figured the site needed me :mrgreen:

Everyone has been very helpful right from the start. Bruce and Volt were always around. Mouse was the first person to help me and answer a question directly. I think that has been at least 3 years now. Can't remember what the problem was but I'm still appreciative of all the help I've gotten here. Thanks everyone. :)

I needed help with my computer. Of course it was a piece of........Compaq, so I was always needing help with it!! Just don't remember which problem I was having when I found the pit. :blink:

I was surfing on PC Magazine and saw the link for the Pitstop test and figured what the heck...poooooor lil puter was sickly and i didnt know it :mrsgreen::mrsgreen::mrgreen: clicked forums and saw where you could post your problems...and joined...I agree with Jasmine..Countrydave, Megaspaz , Jack, Volt, Franglais, and so many others I could name have helped me alot :blushing:

*Note* She still aint rite tho :erm: and dickster she's a compaq :woot::woot:

Sorry to say, but it will never be right!! :mrsgreen:

I know :mrsgreen::erm: unlesssss I hire an exorcist to get the compaq demons out...I got that penciled in for next week :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think I had a internet problem. It had something to do with not having DMA enabled. I've learned a lot at this place. :mrgreen:

There's something (a gremlin) keeps telling me to put my hard disk back in before it can continue :blank::rolleyes: .

I started trawling around, getting interested with no posting. Jazzy noticed I was lurking all the time and doing nothing. I can't remember if she put a post in or PM'ed me. I did a lot of PM's with Jazzy .... a lot of them nothing to do with computing!. I shall always be grateful for jazzy for helping me to sort some of myself out with her. When she recently went AWOL .... I missed her .... Jazzy!.

I am becoming attached to the human side of computing .... you never know what's coming up .... I can be in floods of tears .... so easily. The emotive content.

I get lost with the Americanism's .... much stuff is over my head .... but, I keep coming back for more.

:blink: I must get back to that disappearing hard disk :erm::) .

Aww thank you MrFred :blushing:

We are just one big happy family here ............... and when did families always understand each other? :mrgreen::P but don't worry you'll soon get the hang of things. :)

Had just bought new computer so did the tests and guess what low uncached disk speed :mrwinky: Posted about that of course they couldn't solve the problem since it was only 5400rpm. Was bored one day and since I do tech support on another site thought I'de see if I could help folks on user to user :oreo: Volt hadn't come out of lurker mode yet. There were way more questions than their were people to answer them.

I don't remember what the problem was,,probably couldn't figure out how to shut the machine off or something stupid like that! :mrgreen: I do remember Mouse,,ed1,,and Bruce helping me out tho.

I just stumbled in here after doing some testing on the browsertune site.and never found my way home again!! and I'm glad too!! :mrgreen::) v

1st post was in a thread about 'highest scores'...

actually had the highest posted score for awhile :P:)

on the rare occasion that I have had to ask a question, usually linux related, Bruce has always helped out, either in the forums, through instant messaging, on the phone, & even in person a couple of times :mrgreen:

Guest Donna

Cool, I think my fisrt post had something to do with the autofixes. My second was in a score thread, I said something along the lines of it sounding like allan and his buddies comparing there dirtbikes.

What got me hooked tho was mouse and havoc hanging out the whole day waiting for to do my fisrt hardware install. My videocard. I couldnt play Nascar! They were more excited that I did it then me.

Volt was pretty quite back then. :)

Volt was pretty quite back then

That I find hard to believe! :mrgreen: My first problem that got me here was just changing from a PCI vid card to AGP, which when I did the puter would not even POST. after I believe 3 pages of replies, finally found that the mobo I had just wasn't compatible with the card. BTW the first person to reply was good ole Volt. :P

Donna

Volt was pretty quite back then

KansasConnection

That I find hard to believe!

And who ask you anyway Kansas?? :mrgreen::mrgreen: v

Like most, I don't recall my first post, but I do recall the first time I saw the Pit. I was having cable installed, and after hooking me all up the service tech from Road Runner went to the Pit and tested my machine for me. I tested a few more times before I hit the forums, and now about 2000 total posts later including the original Pit and the two changes....I'm still here.

Another Pit Junkie... :mrgreen:

I had a nasty virus and a friend had told me about the site a few months earlier. Volt helped me and stayed on with me until I got it figured out. I'll always be greatful to ya for that Volt. Since then I've just been hanging around, trying to help people when I can, but mostly telling jokes :mrgreen:

:blank: Can't remember the first of (many problems) I was having with my computer but I remember Dave answered, and took me step by step and resolved my problem. Of course many others came to my rescue, and I can't tell you how much I appreciated (and still do) everyones advice! :shifty:

1st time computer owner, knew nothing much about nothing (still don't), did the tests in the pitstop and didn't understand one of the results. took a very deep breath and posted in the forums and Dave replied pretty damn quick :) Original Pit and what is it - 2 changes later - and still here: in fact, some nights I forget to go home.

Thanks ta ya all for all the great help. ;)B)

rst post was wayyyy back when the pit first opened up in 2000. I was helping a gent named Stanley, from the UK with his Abit KT7a raid. Windows 2000 was relatively new, we had the same machines, and I had already banged my head on the wall with the driver problems he was experiencing.

Stanley was the first person I ever had a video conference with. It was very strange indeed to talk face to face with someone thousands of miles away. I been here ever since. :woot:

haven't added up my posts like Volt and gang but I figure it must be around 8000 or more by now.

I had an old IBM Aptiva good for word processing. Because I had to find add and generally try everything, I hurt my old comp. After several sites that were trying to be helpful I felt so dumb. I stumbled onto the test site and finally ended up on the pcpitstop forum.

I have a very patient computer now. Ax made the avartar. Volt, Brue, Mouse, and a few others were the team to get me this comp.

If I ever forget pcpitstop, I am already dead.

Love all you guys and gals. Thank you.