Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Mercy...DTA

To My Friends At Pitstop

When I was first going to post on here this morning, it was going to be a "RANT" cause that is how I have been feeling!!! Then I sat here, clicked on some of the posts, read them, looked at peoples aviators, then sat here and bawled. :blushing:

It's hard for me to put into words what I want to say, so you can understand it. And I also don't want to sound like some woman that has gone off the deep end. This may not make any sense to some people but..........

This morning has been really hard for me. Everything just kinda hit me all at once like a brick. Hubby went off to work, the boyz went to school, and I MISS THEM...... yes even the boyz I miss!!!!!!! and they have only been gone for like 3 hours.

Up until about two weeks ago, hubby and I worked together and were with each other practicly every minute of the day. Now he has a new job and he is gone during the day, and I am having a hell of a time adjusting to this. I guess I was spoiled in that I could spend so much time with him before, trying to lead a "normal" life now is hard.

The reason I am writing this is to thank the people here. First thing I do after dropping everyone off in the morning is come to the Pit. Lately the first thing I do at the pit is scan to see if there are any new posts on "Mom", and how she is doing. Then I scan to see if there is anything new from "houmamiss" and make sure she is still as happy with her "new" outtake on life as she was on the "The Time Is Now" thread that she posted. After I am satistied these peope are doing ok, I check out the other "general discussion" threads, then i go over to "User to User Help" and see if I can add any input there.......usually I can't..... but there have been a few times I could!

My point......... even though I have never met any of you, or talked to any of you, I feel very close to you. It's weird if you think about it. Strangers that have never met, and probably will never meet caring and helping each other. And I am comfortable here. It's like a family. Some of you have made me laugh, made me feel special, made me mad, made me cry, made me worried, made me even undertand things about life that I didn't before........etc. And yet we have never met.

I know that if I have a problem, be it computer related or "personal" that I can count on the people here, and you won't judge me. I can just be myself. Or if I just want to share something that has happened in my life, that you will listen. Not once has anyone here made fun of me for the fact that I am a TERRIBLE speller, and for that I thank you.

I just wanted everyone to know how special you are to me and how glad I am that I found this place.

Take care and be safe,

HUGZ.......

Cathie

Guest Donna

Hey Cathie, we are going to meet this summer. Gotta go through PG to get to my moms. :) Get rid of the fraken spiders before I get there. :blink:

I cant spell either! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I feel the same way (About the Pit :mrgreen: ).

Even though I haven't met or seen anyone here, I feel closer to them than any "actual" friends I have...Kinda sad on my part :)

Well, you're welcome. :);):P

Guest Donna

I wish I could be there to meet you two girls, we'd have some fun huh? :mrgreen:

You bet we would, I havent been on a womens night out in ages............. :mrgreen: : :nuke::cheers::rocks:

Hey No Mercy. The Pit is a great place. It has often cheered me up. Just like your post about your son did yesterday. I sure hope you start feeling better about things but in the mean time keep sharing here and we will all support you and benefit along with you. :)

No Mercy, I too find solace here at times. I got booted out of my job after 34 years and I was starting to get bored. All my friends are at work, my sons at school, hubby works nights and sleeps all day, and all I had was Court TV to watch all day. This place sort of gets me out. Every other week I visit a friend that lives quite far from here and tweak her computer for her. This place has helped me keep some (not all) of my sanity. I'm looking for a job now with a lot less stress then I had in the old one. I hope once I find one, I'll find as much time to visit with all my new friends. (I hope you all are). :);):P

Smiles Posted Image

I have some thoughts:

The anonymity of the internet allows us to be far more free with expressing our feelings then we will likely ever be in person with most people.

• In most cases we will not have previous emotional baggage placing a barrier between us and those online.

• In many cases we will have a markedly decreased fear (now understand "fear" may not be an accurate feeling describing your reaction to being judged for your personal appearance BUT you will have some type of reaction and it will be feeling based) it is also possible that you look forward to and immensely enjoy peoples reaction to your appearance BUT whatever shape your response takes in "real life" it is no longer an aspect of the equation in relationships online until you choose to allow it to be - This gives is great freedom to be ourselves without hindrance)) of being judged because our physical appearance is not in the equation.

• Many people will have very few "real life" relationships that are long lasting. The things that make us dislike someone seem to get in the way. And an important factor not to overlook is that it is just plain difficult to manage our time to properly nurture a "real life" relationship. But online we can strictly limit the nature of the relationship to that which we find pleasurable.

• For most who find a community on the internet that provides repeat experiences of desirable feelings it is possible to easily transfer feelings to those internet relationship that we have experienced in "real life" relationships... Love, Joy, Respect, Admiration, Envy, Laughter, Wicked Evil Grins, etc... thus the internet relationship(s)

I'm not done writing or Editing this but I HAVE TO GO NOW sowwie

eeek.... I can see I was getting far too serious here how 'bout I just finish it off with:

Hugs for you . . . ((((((((( Cathie )))))))))

Have a nice day

David

Hopefully soon you'll enjoy sending hubby and boys out of the house everyday :mrwinky: You might even find that you enjoy their company even more when they come home. You'll be able to do things for yourself like a bubblebath without anybody calling you to just relax :mrwinky: ( never did spell very well but I'm even worse now) :(

Well Cathie I'v said it 1000 times before so one more time won't hurt,,Its a great site frequented by a bunch a great folks,,and its addicting too!! :mrgreen::) v

Thanks everyone for your posts.

I knew that I was not the only person to feel about the people here the way I do.

Donna, that is going to be great when you come through PG...... Hopefully we will be around when you do!!!!!!

You'll be able to do things for yourself like a bubblebath without anybody calling you to just relax

Thats funny you should say that. I just bought one of them Pillows for the tub!!!! Just hope I don't fall asleep and drown!

Anyway, only 1 more hour till I pick boyz up from school!!!!!! then it's off to guitar practice for one, basketball for another, and over to a friends to fix his computer cause it keeps crashing on him........Oh what fun..... Oh....and one more thing.......Go clean our new car sometime later.... We bought a second hand car. Our old car was getting TOO scary to drive and with me doing all the "driving the kids everywhere" i needed a more reliable car..... It's nice not to hear clunking and grinding when you drive. Only problem is now with the new car I keep thinking it has stalled cause I can't hear the muffler, and I keep giving everyone whiplash when I come to a stop light cause I am not used to brakes that work and are so touchy!....

Take care,

Cathie

Heyyyy, No Mercy, you are one honest lady who comes over as being very sincere, and I can take that all day because it makes me feel very

WARM INSIDE

Bless you Ma-am, go ahead and have a great day for us all :DB)

Heyyyy, No Mercy, you are one honest lady who comes over as being very sincere, and I can take that all day because it makes me feel very

WARM INSIDE

Bless you Ma-am, go ahead and have a great day for us all :DB)

I second that!!

A group hug forum is where your headed?? good luck when dave see's that!!! :mrgreen: v

Gee no mercy, I am fairly new here. After seeing all the post, it seems that you are surrounded by a great group of people. As for feeling blue, you are not alone...many of us face challenges in our life, but the difference is that you are lucky enough to have a great group of people to support you, and smart enough to recognize it...When you read this message tomorrow, remember its also wishing you a great day...and also, heres a cookie. :oreo:

Bravo! Bravo! No Mercy, I couldn't have said it better myself; and, I concur with Mr. Beaujangles and Volt.

You go and have a "glorious" day knowing that we here at the "pit" love ya'! :mrgreen::mrgreen: