Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Bit

Finally Found One That I Like

It's an Akai 4-track reel-to-reel (the compression took out two of the meters--hehe!) and a pair of Cerwin Vega V-15F's. ANYONE can see that! :P

BTW, GREAT avatar!

Edited by Star_Rider

Before:

Posted Image

(Not automatically resized like it is when used as an avatar...)

And a new version:

Posted Image

(Resized in PSP to 100x100...)

:mrgreen:

I did it with Paint Shop Pro 5 and Animation Shop 3. I opened AS3 and extracted the 2 images to my hard drive. Then opened them in PSP5 and copied the speaker cones (woofers and tweeters) in image #2 and pasted them into two new images. I increased the colors to 16M, resized them a little bigger, set the colors back to 256, and pasted them over the section I copied in the original image #2. Then I mirrored the vumeter needles in image #2, resized both images to 100x100 and saved them. Then I loaded them into AS3 and made a new animated .gif. Then I uploaded and posted it here. Now all it needs is a little music... :mrgreen:

Thank you for sharing the process of creating avatar's, those of us who are just getting into some of the software that does these things needed to see where to start how to continue and most of all---when to stop trying to make it better andjust use ther darn thing. Thanks again

Just take a pic and crop it if ya don't need anything to fancy!! :) v

well Ax, seeing how you know more than your stuff when it comes to reproducing images and adding all its glory, Star_Rider knows his sound equipment...so lets get mohawkwarrior to bring the popcorn. If theoldgardner brings the drinks...I think we could put together a party. In the meantime, cookies are on me. :oreo::oreo::oreo::oreo::oreo: Oops, by the way, do you think I should keep it or look for something more fitting? After all, when-ever I post, its going to be on your screen too. ;)

:P I thought this was about a movie projector and surprise surprise I can't tell what you are asking about. Do you like it? If so, good. If not, change it. Practice, practice, practice. These guys are great at helping you learn.

Good luck,

Wendy

Don't forget to vote for TIGGER FOR PRESIDENT!

Edited by wendyjazz

...do you think I should keep it or look for something more fitting? After all, when-ever I post, its going to be on your screen too. ;)

Well, your avatar is supposed to be something that says something about you. I just took what you had and juiced it up a bit. But as long as it isn't "unsuitable", as in too sexually oriented, offensive, or whatever, then it is acceptable. And a stereo is definately not any of those things, so it's "fitting" in you like it.

:) Actually, I do...Both my husband and I are into music and I thought it was more fitting of me. Is it O.K. if I try to transfer yours to my avatar instead of this one?