Sign in to follow this  
Guest imaref

Guest imaref

:help:

I downloaded and purchased PC PS OPTIMIZER because when I test with PCPS, I get the message Drive C has 5294MB of junk files, which is 14 percent of all the space available on the drive.

I ran optimizer, rebooted, retested and still get the same message for Drive C has 5294MB of junk files, which is 14 percent of all the space available on the drive. The only reason I purchased the program was to get the extra space on my hard drive.

Any suggestions before I ask for a refund?

Dear Imaref:

I am not knocking Optimize but you did not need to but any product to perform a simple disk cleanup. Windows has its own disk cleanup utility in the Accessories file.

Best,

Triton

True, Triton, there's always the Disk Cleanup but that won't clean up an overflowed IE cache. Plus, Optimize does a lot more than just disk cleanup.

BTW, Disk Cleanup has a problem that can cause it to hang up on some systems unless you do a registry edit:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;812248

If you look at our known programs database it turns out that people end up with cleanmgr running in background because of this and it's sucking up CPU time.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/spycheck/SWDetail...fn=cleanmgr.exe

Dave, (is my name too!)

Yes, that's interesting. I have heard of disk cleanup hanging. And at 5249 MB of junk files a more powerful utility is most likely needed. I hope you have been able to clear up Imaref's problem with Optimize. If so could you tell me what the problem was and how you remedied the problem.

Thanks,

Triton