Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vranichou

"cannot Reconnect..."

I have a server running 2003. My A64 is connected to that server. When I boot the A64 I get the error message that WIndows cannot reconnect to the network drives. When I open my computer it shows network drives as being disconnected, but when I double-click on the drives they are all there. All dirves and shares are named correctly. I am logging on with password and the user name is listed as a member of administrators on the server. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this problem?

edit: I have disconnect4ed and reconnected the drives as well as resetting my password and this does not help.

-=Vran=-

hi

i`m not sure,but it sounds if your config on the network setting

are not right .either a wrong ip address or the wrong name for the network

itself .you will have to check these and go from there.

check to see what the ip is

start,run ,cmd hit enter,then type in ,ipconfig hit enter

and see what is listed

if the A64 doesn`t see the network or the drives

it will not work .your going to have to do a little checking on the network setting .

I had a problem over the weekend getting on line. Reinstalled everything tripled checked everything. Nothing worked until I shut everything down, disconnected all the cables. Unplugged the router and modem for about 3 minutes. Hooked everything backup powered up the modems and computer then it worked fine. Powered up the computer last.

Might give that a try.