Sign in to follow this  
mystone

How Do You Hook Up 3 Hard Drives?

You would have a master and slave on IDE 1, and your cd and the other hdd on IDE 2. I would set the cd as master and the hdd as slave.

Or if you have 4 IDE channels, you put 1 on each IDE set to master and then put your 1 or 2 CD/DVD drives on the last IDE channel.

Oooopps, Somehow I missed that :blink: .

IanG, Thanks for letting me know.

I will delete that post.

Edited by dabwid

Oops, my bad too. My post almost makes me sound like I'm saying your dumb in a way... no sarcastic smiley at the end! I should have put like :mrgreen: or something! Not ...

Oops, my bad too. My post almost makes me sound like I'm saying your dumb in a way... no sarcastic smiley at the end! I should have put like :mrgreen: or something! Not ...

I didn't take it that way. I was wrong and that's that. :P

Well if you have a motherboard that supports Sata you can have 4 hard drives and two other drives or any combination provided the drives also support Sata :mrwinky:

Yes there is a card that supports additional hard drives but IMHO it would be better to stick with 2 hard drives make them big enough and you won't use all the space anyway :P Hard drives sharing an IDE channel cd-rom/Dvd is not as those drives run much slower.