Sign in to follow this  
jamie823

Hjt

Would appreciate your providing a little info. Checking out the TrojanHunter report on WebRebates, etc.

Are you running XP Home, or XP Pro?

(Start>Control Panel>System, look at the General tab in System Properties, it has the Operating System)

Is there more than one user profile/Desktop, or are you the only user, or do you just share the computer with someone else without having a new user profile/Desktop?

Thanks.

FZWG, thanks for getting back with me :) im running Xp Pro and if im understanding u correctly on the other theres only one desktop/user.. let me know if u need more info

Thanks for the info, jamie823.

Was just trying to figure out what could cause the entry in TrojanHunter: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\bundles (matches Adware.WebRebates.106)

Sometimes when there is more than one profile, another user can download malware and it may not show in the current profile. A HijackThis log is needed from the other profile. However, that is not the case, as you just informed.

If you like, we could go through a Registrar Lite routine to see if we can find this bundles 'thing' and see what is there. It might not even exist...

Up to you, whatever you like to do.

i think for the time being ill just let things rest, doesnt seem to be causing any probs, knock on wood lol... if i need further assistance ill give ya a hollar :)

Sign in to follow this