Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ax Slinger

This Is A Test

Please look at this photo closely. Click on it to see a larger copy.

Posted Image

Is this a real photo, or a photochop? If you think it is a photochop, please tell me why you think so.

Looks like a photochop

Mainly bcus the outline of the mountains seems to be a little on the sharp side.

If its real then that just proves i need to wear my glasses :mrgreen:

Keith

Chopped

shadowing is off and the mountain range looks like it is in a mist while everthing else is clear

Great pic though if you had not asked for the pic to be looked at I would not ahve given it a second look. :)

Great pic that would make a good desktop backround

Fake.......I could be wrong, but the flowers in foreground look similar to Blue Bells of Texas.

Ax,

What on earth leads you to believe that there is a difference between what is real and what people proclaim to be real?

I

Fake .. ;) .. I agree with the reasoning of Inprofile :erm: . The lighting can't be like that .... but, it still makes an appealing picture ... which is probably what matters in the long run. :)

Looks almost real, but some of the trees look copy and pasted and the edges are too perfect. :mrgreen:

Doesn't look real to me. I spent some time in the Andes of Peru and with this time of day, the lighting is quite different. It's a stunning pic though.

Well... Most of you know I have a thing for photochopping, so therefore you must know it's a photochop. So perhaps I should have worded the question as... Which parts are chopped and which are not? :)

Some of you were right on the money. Others were not.

So to explain it, the top part is one photo, the bottom is another one. The sunlight is coming from two different directions, the top being slightly to the right of the photo, and the bottom being farther to the right. But comparing the top photo to several others that I have where the sunlight is coming from the same angle as the lower photo, I felt the difference is hardly noticeable, since you do not see the sun and they both do come from the right. And the scale is different. The top is closer to the camera, the bottom farther away.

The area at the right side, accounting for about 1\10th of the width of the photo has been repainted. There are a couple of other spots where I added something in that wasn't there. The rest is from the original photos. (Which may or may not have been photochopped by someone else... I don't know.)

You want a prize? Ok, here's a :oreo:

By the way, the photo (or at least the bottom half of it) is from Mount Rainier National Park, Washington.

That picture looks like there is four sections to the chop job...sky, mountains, tree line, and the field....good 3D effect to it too. Who ever did it, did a dang fine job. :beer: oops almost forgot my cookie :oreo:

Hey Ax, Care if I nab it for my desktop? Awesome pic btw! :mrgreen:

Go right ahead. Feel free to copy any pics that I post. After all, I nabbed them somewhere myself, most of the time.

Remember, if you click the pic, an 800x600 copy will open in another window... But say the word and I'll send you one in 1024x768. Or if you have Webshots Desktop installed, just drop in in there and set it as your wallpaper, and it will automatically be sized to fit your desktop.