Sign in to follow this  
tp_on_safari

How Safe Is Your Pc?

Your final score: 90 of 100

You have a safe, secure computer system. Make sure your security is frequently updated and you should be fine.

I have learned the hard way.

Your final score: 40 of 100

Your computer may be exposed to malignant hackers

I can allmost feel them hacking at me now :help:

4. I always click "yes" when I'm prompted by my software vendors (like Microsoft) to update my security.

Lost 10 points on that one.....I'll update any and all programs on on my own, thank you. No program is allowed to run updates on my machines :P:mrgreen:

Your final score: 80 of 100

Lost points on the 'Always click Yes to install stuff', and 'Leave your computer on when you're not using it'

Always clicking Yes can lead to having stuff like Bonzi on your computer...

Turn your comp off when you're not using it? But what about my massive mega techno mixes from a remote site in Finland? :woot:

Edited by inedibleshoe

4. I always click "yes" when I'm prompted by my software vendors (like Microsoft) to update my security.

Lost 10 points on that one.....I'll update any and all programs on on my own, thank you. No program is allowed to run updates on my machines

I feel the same way, only a fool would let anyone including microsoft download anything they want.. :mrsgreen:

Good for you JRAM! :tup:

People are leaving themselves wide open and vulnerable with any automatic updates.

I think this quiz is silly in itself :lol:

some of the questions are kind of lame (like the one jacee pointed out)

also, if you answer "True", you automatically get the points.

80/100

Your final score: 25  of 100

Why not just e-mail the spammers directly?

Bah, that only applies to those that don't know what they're doing! :mrgreen:

mines set on notify but dont download or install. i then go look at what they are then decide which ones i want or need. i chose yes to the microsoft question based on the way in which i get them. and any other dl/ds i wish to get i choose to or not to accept them.

Your final score: 65 of 100

Pretty good, but you have work to do. Add a firewall, and make sure your anti-virus software is updated frequently.

But I answered that I DO have a firewall. And I update my anti-virus daily, or check for updates. I just don't automatically accept any download that any software advises me of. I lost 10 points because I said the continuous internet access doesn't apply to me. Well, I am on DSL so it is quite continuous but anyway why lose 10 points for just not having continuous internet access even if you are ultra-careful?

The quiz wasn't well thought out. It must have been written in a rush to meet a deadline in half an hour.

Pretty good, but you have work to do. Add a firewall, and make sure your anti-virus software is updated frequently.

Thats funny, I answered yes to the firewall question?? What The?

I get my updates manually, I have a hardware firewall as well as popup blocker, my isp provides spam & virus control on their mail server. Do I turn my computer off when not using it, um no I'm using it most of the time anyway. Last turned off (well restarted) 8 days, 13 hrs and 9 mins ago. I'm not reading much into that test it misses too many other security items.

I thought the lesson about the shortcomings of this quiz was that you shouldn't just take advice or information from just one source and assume it is complete and totally correct, even if it is from a CNN company or a PC Pitstop Forum thread. Get a second opinion and/or do a little research.

B)

Dont worry, you should have told everone how to protect our pc's, cnn as well. I saw it and I posted it to make people aware of threats and have a little fun in the process. Dont worry, I wont post nothing else.

Pretty good, but you have work to do. Add a firewall, and make sure your anti-virus software is updated frequently

i dont click yes to update i update my software manually and i do have a firewall and antivirus score should have been higher but oh well