Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willow1

In God We Trust

Please I will gladly accept a history lesson. What does the Torah say about Islam?

Catholocism was Christianity for 1500 years (of the 2003) so I am not sure it makes much sense to discount 3/4 of the history of a religion. Unless of course you were referring to some minority views that were not widely embraced (hence minority). But then we have heard about the need to suppress minority views so we won't go there.

Guest Deuces Wild

We have attempted to interpret religion and religious ideals throughout history. We have made mistakes along the way, many quite serious....we are, after all, only human. But those mistakes do not in any way devalue or diminish the existence of God. ;)

But that is a choice each indivdual has to make, if there is a God. I believe, but, I'm not going to force it donw someones throat. I may witness, or if they ask question, tell them what I think.

As for the parochial shcool, the "majority" of student s that go to our Catholic school are non-catholic. They don't even teach first communion during school, because not enough students are catholic to teach it during the day. The non-catholics have to learn "Hail Mary" and go to mass on Friday. Plus alot of other things. I ask one 5th grade student how it effected him. He said when I go to my church on Sunday, I worship they way I believe. They attend because of the education. As for home school FORGET IT!!! I'm not smart enough or have the patience to do that. :mrgreen:

Catholicism is messed up Christianity.  And Islam isn't a peaceful religion.  If you read the Torah, you will find that out very quickly.  I don't want to give everyone here a history lesson, but I will if I have to just to make my point.

I am very glad we have you to judge for us what is a good christain and what isn't Jander.

I beleive Hitler, and the KKK hold those same views.

Guest Deuces Wild

Bruce, are you saying that because one proclaims he/she is Christian automatically means he/she is good? :blink:

"We have attempted to interpret religion and religious ideals throughout history We have made mistakes along the way, many quite serious....we are, after all, only human. But those mistakes do not in any way devalue or diminish the existence of God. " Unless of course the assumption that there is a God is another of those human mistakes. But thank you for making my case. :)

I didn't say that anywhere.

But I sure as hell aint so ignorant to sit here and pretend to be so all knowing that I can determine for everyone which method of chritianity is good and which is "messed up".

Guest Deuces Wild

Made your case? Funny. :)

Is there one moderator or administrator in this forum who believes in God? Just curious.

Yes absolutelty I do.

The difference is I don't shove my belief nor my religion down anyones throat, and I don't discriminate against those of different religion. I don't judge people based on their religion of choice, I personally think it is not only very rude, but borders on assinine and discriminitory to come here and tell someone their religion is a messed up Christainity.

Thats a pretty wide and sweeping judgemental, discriminitory, and nasty remark. I am sure there are plnety of people who come here that are Catholic and would take serious offence to such garbage.

Guest Deuces Wild

Who is shoving their beliefs on anyone any more than you or other moderators/adminstrators have done? :blink: Certainly not me. You can believe what you want as I know nothing I say will change anyones belief. But we should be able to discuss this openly as adults.

You interpret this as shoving beliefs down someones throat. I see it as a discussion. Try looking at it that way. ;)

I believe in a God but it is not a God of hate and deceit.

I do believe that telling others that their God is the wrong God or their faith is the wrong faith is wrong. I certainly believe that I should not have to leave the country because some disagree about how I interact with my God. I personally feel that stamping "In God We Trust" on money demeans the relationship with my God and borders on idolotry. But then of course that is a minority view.

Guest Donna

You have never talked to Bruce on MSN have you? He can be jolly!!!! This thread has enough on its own to start fights, why make it any worse than what it is. If you wanna know why Bruce doesnt seem happy. PM him. :mrsgreen:

Bruce, you need your own speacial smily. LOL here, show your pearly whites.Posted Image;)

I dislike Microsoft! I like linux! I dislike God being brought into politics. I dislike it when people judge others based on their religion, sxe, color, race, ....... rather then for who they are. I dislike it when people tell others to leave this great land if they don't agree with their views.

I am not bitter at all. I am not the one so intolerant of others veiwss that I would say they should leave this country, or that that religion is messed up. On the contrary In light of some of the unamerican, negative, discriminitory remarks made in this thread, I am being very restraint in my opinions.

I post my opinions I don't judge. Your right I have plenty of joy, but not much left when I come to PCPitstop.

It has turned from a fun place to come, into something I never thought it would be. Perhaps StarRider you are right I am loosing my joy, not deep down but in the basic overall tone of the forum over the past few months. Perhaps I will leave and be happy again.

:nospys:

I think this thread should now be closed its causeing a lot of bitterness and we have a nice cyber family hear i have said this befor lets get back to the fun days janders jokes, the funny stories, ect ect. over the weeks i have noticed a lot of people who used to post don't post as offten so come on lets not lose anyone else. FUN AGAIN PLEAS................................E

Don't lock it...it'll just erupt into another one.

Bruce, I'm glad you're glad I'm here to judge which flavor of Christianity is best. I'm just posting my opinions. The Bible spells out with perfect clarity how Christianity should be...to the letter. How about a short history of Catholicism. Also, keep in mind I was a Catholic for a better part of my life (until I read the Bible).

When Paul got really going with establishing Churches, there was no way he could possibly keep up with any of them. Unfortunately, he didn't have a car or airplane to make any of this possible. So, he set leaders over them that he felt were the right ones. Well, you have to understand that these people he had converted were polytheists not too long ago. As we all know, it's hard to change something you've been doing all your life. Because of this, mixes of Christianity came into being. So, Paul went and turned them straight again. After a while, Paul and the other true Christians died, and all there was were the Churches and Paul's letters to them. The Churches really started to spread and get big, so the leaders of the Churches decided they needed to have a board of people over the entire Church so as to "keep them in line." This turned into a contest of who could get position and authority, instead of keeping the main focus on God.

Review: God out of focus, position on the board (which comes with authority) in focus. So this goes along for a while until we start spreading into European kingdoms. They needed someone to be in the same place of stature with the king. Try and guess who it is...If you guessed the Pope, your dead on. Thus, Catholicism was born.

Also, must I remind you that not only did the Catholics persecute the Muslims, but they also persecuted and tried to destroy all other Christians that weren't Catholic?

I'm not trying to shove any religion down anyone's throat. Have I once said "You better become a Christian!"? And I think that any convo about politics needs to have religion. Why? Because religion, or lack of, reflects in your choices in politics, thus it needs to be there.

Allow me a grace session so that I might collect all the facts and put them into a history lesson for you...

BTW, Jander's Jokes didn't go anywhere :mrgreen: