Sign in to follow this  
Keith W

New Osama Bin Laden Tape

Yes.

The big difference is that we are living in an increasingly globalized world.

I think the days of nations like the US and the other past leader nations in the world are coming to an end.

It will be interesting to see how it goes, but I think the time scale of it will prevent me from seeing the real end.

In the mean time, the world will have terrible growing pains.

I see it as the only means that the piece of defication could invoke any type of attack on the U.S.

The coward would have attacked us if he could. A video tape is the best that he's got. The U.S. military and our courageous Allies are winning this war against these cave rats.

The majority of those on the front lines, scraping this poo from the underside of their boots, are voting to keep GWB as their Commander and Chief. I for one am gonna support our troups by doing my best to give them their choice with my vote. :) Y

Exactly my feelings concerning his recent tape.

I'd rather have the guy making videos while in hiding, than inviting the world press in for personal interviews, like he was known to do during the Clinton era

Spanish got a couple of train bombs .........

US gets a secondhand VCR tape ..........

Have to wonder on what has been more "cost effective "

Exactly my feelings concerning his recent tape.

I'd rather have the guy making videos while in hiding, than inviting the world press in for personal interviews, like he was known to do during the Clinton era

Yep, people are quick to judge Bush's job success on terrorism and "failure," yet he has taken the necessary actions to prevent terrorist action on our soil, the military is doing exactly what it is designed for... to die if need be so that we don't have to.

Spanish got a couple of train bombs .........

US gets a  secondhand  VCR tape ..........

Have to wonder on what has been more "cost effective "

Unfortunately it will likely take more acts of terrorism against Europe and the world for people to wake up and realise that terrorism isn't only a plague to America and Israel...

...right now someone is plotting to kill you, your family, and all that you love.

Edited by Z10N

Hate to say this ZIon ...but as for the receiving end of terrorism ... the US are are the newbies on the plot ..... they have usually been the instigators and funders ....

Hate to say this ZIon ...but as for the receiving end of terrorism ... the US are are the newbies on the plot ..... they have usually been the instigators and funders ....

The US is only a little over 200 years old.......of course we are new on the receiving end.

Terrorism is actually a very old tactic, nothing new at all.

As far as being instigators and funders...no more so than so many of the other supposedly pious nations.

Well I have to admit that I was utterly wrong .... I honestly expected that Osama would be nabbed one week before the election's and used for promo .!..... looks like my cynical expectation of US supremacy was misguided ......The US 's government is just as inept as our euro-lands one ....maybe you should join ..!

That's funny.

If we get him it is a ploy and a mark against us, if we don't get him it is a mark against us.

Interesting.

And we were accused of helping, sorry I should be accurate and say WINNING WWII, for personal gain. No matter what the U.S. does people will always disagree and claim malevolent intentions.

well your government did fund and train the geezer ......

Edited by Tankus

That's funny.

If we get him it is a ploy and a mark against us, if we don't get him it is a mark against us.

Interesting.

Like it's some sort of game. :mrsgreen:

Well, it ain't no game, terrorists are not a nuisance, but an enemy that is being removed, and Freedom (of the Human Spirit) will prevail.

Freedom is a God (pick a higher power) given right for all humans to experience , not a privilege to be enjoyed by the self appointed elite or the dictators of this world.

Where societal freedom thrives, terrorism dies. :tup: :)Y

I left the Brits out of this, I do not want to badmouth the Brits as I have many of British friends :)

Respectfully this statement concerns me a little.

I think to many people believe that when Brtitain or America is "bad-mouthed" or any nation for that matter, that it is an attack on hte PEOPLE of that nation.

I want to make it clear that my attacks such as they are, are on British/ American/French etc leaderships -when I disagree with their decision.

I have many Brit friends - I don't think they feel offended when I attack Tony Blair or his policies - similarly with Amrican friends and the White HOuse / Congess etc etc.

I really thnk this is an important point because I think many people feel upset when their country is "attacked". Maybe I'm wrong but I think most people here are not attacking the peopel of these countries, simply the leadership and its actions.

I wondered yesterday after seeing the bin Laden tape - a naive notion , but wouldn't it have been great if Bush had invited Kerry into theWhite House to issue a joint statement to the people of America that neither of them would mention the tape during the run up to Tuesday? They could have shown great leadeship by refusing to giv ethe rape any further significance and thus deprive the "oxygen of publicity" that the timing of this tape seeks to maximise?

If you want to criticise the President or Leader of a country, that's one thing but when it's taken in the other direction and that criticism is pointed at the people who live in those countries, then expect people to get defensive.

This thread, and a couple of others of similar nature, indicate that I, as an American, am uneducated and uninformed as to how to place my vote in the upcoming election in my country.

Sorry we upset them.

It was a general point CD - not specific to this post. I've read posts that sometimes read as though the poster was upset with the continuous sniping at them / their country / people. But the post quoted clarified my thinknig.

If you want to criticise the President or Leader of a country, that's one thing but when it's taken in the other direction and that criticism is pointed at the people who live in those countries, then expect people to get defensive.

This thread, and a couple of others of similar nature, indicate that I, as an American, am uneducated and uninformed as to how to place my vote in the upcoming election in my country.

I would expect people to get defensive when a statement is made against the people of a country. AND when it is PERCEIVED that way.

If I've ever done that or been perceived to do that then please accept my apologies. I've certainly never intended to do so.