Sign in to follow this  
DragunLadee

Screennames

I've seen several interesting screen names at all the places I've ever been a member of, and it occured to me, that there may some interesting stories as to where that person came up with them. So I thought I'd ask....

I'll start with mine. My ex husband used to call me his "pet dragon" because I used to tend to have somewhat of a temper. This used to tick me off, but I decided to use it instead...and thus the name "DragunLadee" was born.

So c'mon guys & gals...tell your stories.

Me and my friends used to mod cars, when I was in Jamaica, and we used to race (at times illegally) and all our cars had a sticker on them that said Powered by Intratech... hence the name.

Since people have been callin me Snake alot i've been thinkin of changin it to Snake. :mrgreen:

Second Bruce: G'day, Bruce!

First Bruce: Oh, Hello Bruce!

Third Bruce: How are you Bruce?

First Bruce: A bit crook, Bruce.

Second Bruce: Where's Bruce?

First Bruce: He's not 'ere, Bruce.

Third Bruce: Blimey, it's hot in here, Bruce.

First Bruce: Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum!

Second Bruce: That's a strange expression, Bruce.

First Bruce: Well Bruce, I heard the Prime Minister use it. "It's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum in here, your Majesty," he said and she smiled quietly to herself.

Third Bruce: She's a good Sheila Bruce, and not at all stuck up.

Second Bruce: Here! Here's the boss-fellow now! - how are you bruce?

(Enter fourth Bruce with English person, Michael)

Fourth Bruce: 'Ow are you, Bruce?

First Bruce: G'day Bruce!

Fourth Bruce: Bruce.

Second Bruce: Hello Bruce.

Fourth Bruce: Bruce.

Third Bruce: How are you, Bruce?

Fourth Bruce: G'day Bruce.

Fourth Bruce: Gentleman, I'd like to introduce man from Pommeyland who is joinin' us this year in the philosophy department at the University of Woolamaloo.

Everybruce: G'day!

Michael: Hello.

Fourth Bruce: Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce.

First Bruce: Is your name not Bruce?

Michael: No, it's Michael.

Second Bruce: That's going to cause a little confusion.

Third Bruce: Mind if we call you "Bruce" to keep it clear?

Fourth Bruce: Gentlemen, I think we better start the faculty meeting. Before we start, though, I'd like to ask the padre for a prayer.

First Bruce: Oh Lord, we beseech Thee, Amen!!

Everybruce: Amen!

Fourth Bruce: Crack tubes! (Sound of cans opening) Now I call upon Bruce to officially welcome Mr. Baldwin to the philosophy faculty.

Second Bruce: I'd like to welcome the pommey :filtered: to God's own Earth, and remind him that we don't like stuck-up sticky-beaks here.

Everybruce: Hear, hear! Well spoken, Bruce!

Fourth Bruce: Bruce here teaches classical philosophy, Bruce there teaches Haegelian philosophy, and Bruce here teaches logical positivism. And is also in charge of the sheep dip.

Third Bruce: What's New-Bruce going to teach?

Fourth Bruce: New-Bruce will be teaching political science, Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, and Benaud.

Second Bruce: Those are all cricketers!

Fourth Bruce: Aww, spit!

Third Bruce: Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!

Everybruce: Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you amen!

Fourth Bruce:Bruce: Crack tube! (Sound of cans opening) Any questions?

Oh and Kylie Smiley has been my nickname since Primary School :)

Ah, ok Kylie.. I know about them weird moods that women have, been caught out by it a few times. :mrgreen:

A Monty Python sketch eh? That explains it. :P

I have that Monty Python sketch on one of my albums Kylie, been a long time since I listened to them... :P

k = 1st initial of my 1st name

d = 1st initial of my last name

5 = beats me, sounded good at the time... :mrgreen:

:lol: -kd5-

How long does it take to fly to Oz from London again? :woot::woot:

Truth be told i'm feelin a bit hyper myself, had like 4 apple turnovers and they are loaded with sugar. It's 1:30am here and I think i'll do a work out to burn off some of it and then shower and try to sleep.

I think its about 20 hours Intra :)

Kd...

Having the number five as your key number shows that you are a unique and original person. Sometimes you may feel as if you don’t completely belong to this world and that you are very different from those around you. You have Psychic abilities in a raw form that works for you quite well, often unconsciously using these abilities in your day to day life. Sometimes you may wonder exactly what planet you come from. Material possessions  are of least importance for you and your search for inner happiness takes a front seat in your life. What is important to others is also of least importance to you. You are a deep thinker with a spiritual aura about you. You would be a good counselor for marriage guidance .  People seem to rely on you for spiritual guidance. You can see the answers to other people problems quite easily and you are a good mediator in any dispute as you can see both sides of the coin. You like to spend time alone with just yourself for company. You need time out for peace and solitude even though at other times you may like to be surrounded by other people. You enjoy the company of people that others find a bit odd but you have a way of understanding people which is a rare trait in life. You have a unique way of looking at life - a square peg does not fit in a round hole and this is you. You have an artistic streak in you and you would be a good designer with your unusual tastes in home and furnishings. You are great with children, able to empathize with them on a level not easily understood by most adults. You have a constant spiritual search for answers in life knowing that there is more to life than meets the eyes. You have a love of beauty and of colours mixing colours together that no - one else would dream of . You have a spiritual understanding of animals  and your sixth sense will draw animals to your personality. Elderly people also enjoy your company and you do not suffer fools gladly preferring to converse about important things, not useless drivel.Hobbies like gardening, reading and bush walking suit you as you need that time to yourself away from the hopelessness of mankind.

I have been building and riding choppers for over 20 years, I started out by chopping bicycles.

When I was in med school I built a raked out, flat black, straight pipe, hard core chopper. I once rode that chopper into the lobby of an auditorium classroom. Somebody called me Chopdoc and it has been with me since.

http://hometown.aol.com/fmc2r2b1/myhomepage/motorcycle.html

This is a pic of my current favotite ride. (caution dial up users, it loads AOL slow)

Discovery Channel choppers suck. Everything they say is new or an original idea has been done before.

That's just my take on it.

Build'em, paint'em if you feel like it or let'em rust, but no matter what ride'em hard and be free. Choppers Forever and Forever Choppers.

Ride on Indian Larry, you are in a better place. RIP

Edited by Chopdoc

Me...back a few years ago I only had one reason for a username, and I wanted something unique. I hate using underscores and numbers and such. So I looked through the dictionary randomly until I found the word "bacteroid" - well, I used that for a few months, then lost my account...started another and asked my friend for an idea - she suggested bacteroidozoid, which gave birth to bacterozoid. It's completely unique, and I plan on using it the rest of my life. :)

Mine is a complex mathematical equation that came just after a really low point in my life. I was determined to have a total change so I became pheonicks (like a pheonix I wanted to rise from the ashes) I had to add the to the front when there were a few other variations of pheonicks around

Having the number five as your key number shows that you are a unique and original person. Sometimes you may feel as if you don’t completely belong to this world and that you are very different from those around you. You have Psychic abilities in a raw form that works for you quite well, often unconsciously using these abilities in your day to day life. Sometimes you may wonder exactly what planet you come from. Material possessions are of least importance for you and your search for inner happiness takes a front seat in your life. What is important to others is also of least importance to you. You are a deep thinker with a spiritual aura about you. You would be a good counselor for marriage guidance . People seem to rely on you for spiritual guidance. You can see the answers to other people problems quite easily and you are a good mediator in any dispute as you can see both sides of the coin. You like to spend time alone with just yourself for company. You need time out for peace and solitude even though at other times you may like to be surrounded by other people. You enjoy the company of people that others find a bit odd but you have a way of understanding people which is a rare trait in life. You have a unique way of looking at life - a square peg does not fit in a round hole and this is you. You have an artistic streak in you and you would be a good designer with your unusual tastes in home and furnishings. You are great with children, able to empathize with them on a level not easily understood by most adults. You have a constant spiritual search for answers in life knowing that there is more to life than meets the eyes. You have a love of beauty and of colours mixing colours together that no - one else would dream of . You have a spiritual understanding of animals and your sixth sense will draw animals to your personality. Elderly people also enjoy your company and you do not suffer fools gladly preferring to converse about important things, not useless drivel.Hobbies like gardening, reading and bush walking suit you as you need that time to yourself away from the hopelessness of mankind.

Thanks Kylie... :)

I'm flattered by that analysis of my number 5, don't really know why I chose it other than I seem to be drawn to the number 5 for some odd reason. I really do beg to differ with 2 points made in that analysis though, I'm not really spiritual except perhaps in an analytical sense, and I think I may have outgrown my patience with children, although I haven't really had an opportunity to test that theory... :P -kd5-