Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antoniosgubba

Just About Sums Up Uk

We lost our empire....we lost our identity....now we're going to lose Concorde.

Concorde is to be retired in october.

If ever there was a symbol of how "great" Great Britain was then Concorde was it. The sight of Concorde screaming elegantly into any foreign airport told the world "we rule the skies".

But not any more.

This once great nation has become a crappy little island in the North Sea...and I for one am becoming less and less proud to call myself British.

Concorde is MUCH more than just an aeroplane...it is a SYMBOL.

I just hope there will be enough outcry to stop this murder.

I do believe that the AMERICANS are very PROUD of our ENGLISH friends.

By the way --- What about the HARRIER? Fish & Chips anyone?

WE LOVE YOU

LOLA

Thank you Lola :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah fish and chips aint bad are they... :P (the harrier is pretty good as well ;) )

Concorde has never been about economics......I don't think its ever made a profit in all the years its been in service...in fact its cost BILLIONS to keep in service....but thats not the point! The point is Concorde is UNIQUE...there is nothing else like it in the world. (I believe the russians made a supersonic airliner called the Tupelov or summat...but it crashed a lot apparantly)....the only saving grace for me is that the french will be losing it too!...(god knows why we shared it with them in the first place)

Nice link Volt :mrgreen:

Unfortunately it is impossible to make fish and chips at home!

Even if you used exactly the same recipe/ingredients/process as the chippies do you'd never get it to taste the same!...its one of the great British mysteries.

Hey antonio, don't you go trashing our little island. :blink:

"This precious stone set in a silver sea;

This blessed plot of earth, this realm, this England."

I'm still proud to be a Brit so there. :P

Hey antonio, don't you go trashing our little island. :blink:

"This precious stone set in a silver sea;

This blessed plot of earth, this realm, this England."

I'm still proud to be a Brit so there. :P

Shakespeare's Richard II ?? :) v

Nooooooooooo Jasmine!....you miss my point!.... I'm annoyed about Concorde going precisely because I AM proud to be British. If I wasn't proud I wouldn't give a toss would I :mrgreen:

I'm Just LESS proud than I was before I read about Concorde going.

It just annoys me so much to see what our once great nation is becoming.

btw.... antonios is not my real name...my real name is something much more British! :P

Robin Hood?? :mrgreen: v

btw.... antonios is not my real name...my real name is something much more British!  :P

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,--

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "King Richard II", Act 2 scene 1

I would be proud to have Robin Hood as my name Volt!! :P

Unfortunately its something much more boring!!

btw...Origin of the name Antonios Gubba:

Bono estente. On a gremos escouta et thalio meeeeng! E coco a coupa yich yah wich. Na tandra milio Patagonia.

Sporto! Maya specifica footah. Pedras a la lipsi tarintzi bocolos voy for

sporting, Antonios Gubba.

Boutros, boutros galia!

Heth eth eth, eth eth eth eth eth....Chris Waddell!!!

And if you ain't British you probably won't have a CLUE what that all meant! (a lot of British people won't either! :mrgreen: )

No problemo antonio, just don't use the words crappy and island in the same sentence again por favor. :P

:mrgreen:

I would be proud to have Robin Hood as my name Volt!! :P

Unfortunately its something much more boring!!

btw...Origin of the name Antonios Gubba:

Bono estente. On a gremos escouta et thalio meeeeng! E coco a coupa yich yah wich. Na tandra milio Patagonia.

Sporto! Maya specifica footah. Pedras a la lipsi tarintzi bocolos voy for

sporting, Antonios Gubba.

Boutros, boutros galia!

Heth eth eth, eth eth eth eth eth....Chris Waddell!!!

And if you ain't British you probably won't have a CLUE what that all meant! (a lot of British people won't either! :mrgreen: )

LOL,,everything leads to the "fast show"?? :mrgreen: v

Hah, and all this time I thought Antonio was your grandchild :blushing:

I just didn't know if "gubba" was grandfather or grandmother.

----------------------------------------

See link in volt ... near top:-

http://www.open2.net/everwondered_food/sci...e_recipes09.htm

----------------------------------------

Only one way to appreciate Fish n chips :) .

After a pint or three at pub ... Walk to chippy ... buy ... wrap in newspaper ... add salt n vinegar ... walk home ... in the dark ... on a frosty night ... and comsume whilst dawdling home ... with your favourite friend :wub:.

====================

The only English (British) type chippy here is 23 miles away ... I do go ... by car :P .

====================

Jazzy ........... British = English + Welsh :mrgreen: + Scotish ..... :rolleyes: ..... !

====================

Passing note:-

:blank: Northern Ireland? ........ the protestants are more patriotic than the British :blank::blank: .

====================

Nothing downs my day like seeing the dawn sky polluted with jet grafitti. Bye bye Concorde and all the other relics of non-ecological transport. There's a 'filth' envelope around the world at passenger jet cruising level. Stay at home , use the 'Net. :)

We lost our empire....we lost our identity....now we're going to lose Concorde.

Concorde is to be retired in october.

If ever there was a symbol of how "great" Great Britain was then Concorde was it. The sight of Concorde screaming elegantly into any foreign airport told the world "we rule the skies".

But not any more.

This once great nation has become a crappy little island in the North Sea...and I for one am becoming less and less proud to call myself British.

Concorde is MUCH more than just an aeroplane...it is a SYMBOL.

I just hope there will be enough outcry to stop this murder.

P.S. Where would AMERICA be without the ENGLISH!

We would all be speaking FRENCH!!

One thing to remember about this "crappy Island"......we stood up and we were counted. Concorde was an achievement....but Great Britian is about much more than that....Great Britian is about believing in something and backing it up!...we have done it before, we are doing it now........and we will do it again!!

antonio....I've visited England 3 times.....love the fish & Chips.......no kippers for me.........but the people are awesome and the country is beautiful......a little wet, but beautiful!

Rev-Roy

yep England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland = Great Britain

rain, wind, sleet, snow, sunshine - all that in one day in April!

smell of cut grass

skylarks singing high in the sky (gets me every time)

walks down muddy lanes

the sound of the wind blowing through the reeds

a pint of Butcombe (for hubby :) )

wilting lettuce leaves (yes, you can still find them!)

cucumber sandwiches

the thwack of leather on willow

I could go on for ever

Oh, for me the best place to eat fish and chips is at the seaside, either

a) in the most windiest place imagineable e.g. Weston-super-Mare :mrgreen:

or

b ) on a sun soaked beach, sun setting, seagulls wheeling, smell of Adnams floating down from the Nelson on the beach in Southwold - sheer heaven

oh, and sod the Empire, it's not much to be proud of...colonising nearly the whole planet, so called civilising of the natives, nah, forget it!

Nobody could be more patriotic than me....but I despair at the state of this once great land I live in.

The Concorde thing just about sums up this country's lack of pride and dignity.

Things wrong with this country?..well here's a few:

Kids...no more than 8 or 10 years old, causing abject misery by their behaviour...safe in the knowledge that they can get away with it without ANYONE doing anything about it...for example, a few weeks ago a gang of kids around 10 years old were causing mayhem in my village...abusing old people...one of them threw a rock through my window...police were called...kids were told police were coming, but they carried on....police arrived...kids laughed at them..police said "we can't do anything...they're too young to prosecute".

When I was that age I'd have been terrified by the thought of the police coming...now they just laugh at the police.

Joyriders stealing cars persistently, driving recklessly, endangering lives...they get caught...they get either a small fine or a conditional discharge....then the next night they do the same thing again. We hear of thugs who have been convicted of stealing cars over 100 times...yet not once do they get sent to prison.

British CITIZENS living rough on our streets...whilst the government virtually invites so called "assylum seekers" to come here and expects the taxpayer to pay for their council houses and hundreds of pounds in handouts.

People being FINED for flying the Union Flag or the Cross of St George on their houses....its "racist" according to some councils.

An old age pensioner in Bradford puts up a small poster in his window expressing sympathy for the victims of the sept 11th massacres...within hours his house is besieged by dozens of asian men demanding he takes it down....he gets phone calls threatening his death if he doesn't...the police advise him to take it down...he refuses to...so eventually the police kick his door down, take down the poster and drag this man off screaming to the police station.

I could go on and on.

I LOVE this country...I just HATE what it is becoming..... :(