Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bear

Forum Keeps Going Down

Not complaining but

The forums seem to be going down at least a couple of times a day.

Any word on a fix?

I reboot

MrFred ... sure it's something to do with Jazzy... I've tried to PM her. ...... later problems?. :(

Negative! Negative! After running numerous diagnostics, we've discovered that the problem always lies with the end-user! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

ok end user being me I have not changed any of my settings but I keep getting that sql error message.

Don't think the problem is on the user end if it was I would never be able to log on because I would get the same error message over and over

No changes made at my end :)

Guest Red Squirrel

If you are talking about the SQL errors with the text box, the problem lies and the end-administrator. :P I know since I got experience. Usually an attempt to restore a database that sort of goes wrong... :mrgreen: Most of the time (when lucky) it's a miss configuration and not a total loss of the database. :)

oh well

volt , i could ask you to send them a letter!!!

so the next time they want to shut off the fourms they could post

we might just be able to tell them

just where to stick there tech support

guess they need some help from the friendly folks at the

pc pit stop lol

:rolleyes:

It's not the "end-administrator", it's the "server-administrators". Invision Power Services installed a MySQL upgrade last week, and it did not work so well. You could reboot a million times, format and reinstall your operating system, or even buy a new computer... It won't help. The problem is with the server the forum resides on, not your computer.

I haven't seen a SQL error since yesterday. I just checked in the admin interface and there don't seem to be any problems with the database. Anybody else still getting errors? If so, what do they say?

Just before I posted that "missing thread" thread,, the general forum would not let me go past page 3,,got an error,,looked about like all the others to me,,but I didn't copy it.

I have got it about 4 times today.

Guest Deuces Wild

Could not log in this afternoon (exact time not known) with a similar message that I got over this past weekend. Same thing happened several times this week.

Volt are you stealing our I.D.'s? I had to invent a new one just to get here, kept getting this error message "Sorry we can't find a member named "jrmcwill" are you sure it's correct?". Got that for the last two days. Could not log on or anything. Oh well I am a "caintry boy" at heart! ;):woot:

You caint blame Volt fer that. Taint his fault. There has been other member ID's lost. Jasmine's ID disappeared too. You could have re-registered with the same name though. If you want me to fix it, send me a PM.

my ID disappeared, here, once, not long ago. resubscribed with same name. it had told me there was no member by my name :D

:woot: yikes! where DID i go? :erm:

:blink::mrgreen::mrwinky::shifty:

ok end user being me I have not changed any of my settings but I keep getting that sql error message.

Don't think the problem is on the user end if it was I would never be able to log on because I would get the same error message over and over

No changes made at my end :)

I was kidding. :woot::mrgreen::mrgreen: