Sign in to follow this  
ferg_85

Help Please

Ok. Lets try this. If it doesn't work, you may have to reset the cmos with the jumper again. First, lets see if it will boot at the cpu setting of 166. On the first item, use the page up/page down keys to set it to manual. Then on the second item, use the same keys to set it to 166.

Post back with what it does.

That's correct. Now comes the tricky part. Reset the cpu to 200. Now go to the third item and using the same keys, set it to 200. Try and reboot. It may not come on like before. In that case, use the jumper to clear the cmos, and let us know.

looks like you been robbed, they probably sold you a 2500 xp overclocked to 3200 xp speeds,

i think it might be a good idea to d/l cpuid to identify your cpu,

i'll just find the link

edit: lol @ dickster, you delete too? :lol:

heres cpu id, http://cgi2.tky.3web.ne.jp/~nrklv/cgi-bin/...cgi?wcpu330.exe

Edited by spookywillow

Ok. Then reset both things back to 166. Contact where you bought it and tell them you need pc3200 ram. Not the pc2700 they installed. Explain that it wont boot at the proper cpu settings.

Edited by dickster

I think its the right cpu but only pc2700 ram.

dickster, haven't we seen these "asrock" boards before?

if i remember correctly, they do not use the normal "xp2500+", or "xp3200+" processors.

i am not sure what they use but notice how they word it....."3200 xp"? ..... NOT xp3200+ as it should be!!

:beer:

They have just substituted boards so i do not have a asrock now. Is there any way that i can check the processor and ram type before contacting them, i would like to be able to know as much as possible.

i know he said it was the pcchips manual.....but the link to the board he bought said asrock motherboard and "3200 xp" (?) processor at 3.2GHz!

:blink:

i am confused!

They have just substituted boards so i do not have a asrock now. Is there any way that i can check the processor and ram type before contacting them, i would like to be able to know as much as possible.

oh, o.k

try the link that spooky provided and see what that program says you have.

Just noticed somthing else probably irrelevent but i would like to give you all the info i have, that is on the first turn on after that jumping it says CMOS battery low and lists the speed as 1050 not the 1100 it does after that.(the CMOS battery low changes to the CMOS settings wrong)

really sorry about the confusion, i originaly gave a link to the exact one i bought however they said that this was subject to change only swapping a part for an eqully good/bad one, it seems that they changed the mobo and i think the link is now to the system they currently offer. Really sorry about that

yeah they always say 3.2 on ebay, and i think you got scammed and would ask for a refund IMHO

you can try replacing the battery, but i dont think it will make much diffeence if it will boot at lower settings

If you set it back to 166 for both, and it boots, you can load your OS and run it. But only at XP2500+ speed. Since you must be on another pc, does it have a cd-rw? If so, download this program.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.p...ang=en&pageid=1

It will give you detailed info about your system. Put it on that new system and check what you have. I don't suggest connecting that system to the net yet.

Ok i will do that i will post back here once i have done that and let you all know the results soon,so hopefully you will be able to advise me, and thankyou everybody for all your help i dunno what i would have done without this help, i guess i would have paid some one to tell me the same and that would have invaldidated my warrenty (probably). So thanks again.

Right I set the thing back to 166 each, and have run that program It tells me that i have an AMD Athlon XP-A, 1833MHz (11 x 167) 2500+.

Is this because i lowered it to 166 or have they actually ripped me off?

Edited by ferg_85