Sign in to follow this  
Bevryche

Radio On Computer

I have run Norton anti-virus as well as Spybot with no luck. However, when I run Spybot it shows 5 separate problems affecting the registry. When I let spybot fix them they show back up the next time I run the scan.

Pretty sure it is a grounding problem. Wrestled with this for a long time when hooking a turntable to the computer. Make sure everything is grounded well, and the screw in the outlet is not enough! :)

The tests came back good. I think that maybe it is a grounding problem because the problem is intermittent. Thanks very much for the suggestions, I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks again,

Guest RednechTech

I have run Norton anti-virus as well as Spybot with no luck.  However, when I run Spybot it shows 5 separate problems affecting the registry.  When I let spybot fix them they show back up the next time I run the scan.

If the 5 problems that keep showing up when you run Spybot Search and Destroy are DSO exploits you aren't alone. Please see the link below for more information

http://forums.net-integration.net/index.ph...opic=17159&st=0

Edited by RednechTech

Well, I'm no electronics wiz, but if it was a local station I could buy the coiled up wires theory. But since it is not local, that leads me to think the signal is coming over the Internet or possibly through the electrical system, cable TV, or phone lines in your house. You might just need a line filter somewhere.

When I had that problem it was a shortwave radio on a tall mast close by that seemed to broadcast just right for my speakers to pick it up. The solution that worked for me was to just move the speakers ;)

I had a similar problem...was getting police and cab 2-way radio tranmissions...moved the pc away from the window facing the street and no more prob. It was kinda scary at first.....