Sign in to follow this  
Skippydoodle2

Msconfig Doesn't Open

Two problems..while trying to keep my computer in decent running order I tried to bring up MSCONFIG but nothing happened!(in the RUN feature of course). Then I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to see how many processes are running, and THAT pops up for a split second and disappears! Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!

Hehe.. speaking of msconfig, lately mine has been working... but in a different way :P Typing msconfig in the run box opens the directory C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries

No worries for me though... it works at least :)

Edit - Off topic :)

Edited by Newdles

oh ok.... yeah i know it was under start>run but wasn't sure whether there was like an actual file that it targets or not, but it's just built in, just wat i feared.... thnkx anyway

with regards

Oh, me and my mate are at school at moment (during a boring webwriters lesson, as per) and we were seeing who could find out how to access some different stuff quickest....he was using google and typing in stuff and i was using pcpitstop

PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHY I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE MSCONFIG LOCATION IS!!!!!!!!!

so yes, i did not really fear it, just said it

with regards

That brings up your system services, not your system configuration utility. Msconfig allows for editing of services but does much more.

You said you cant open msconfig, try regedit , if that doesnt work then you defently have a virus of some sort, most likely swen.

Hi again...I tried to open Regedit. It also doesn't open for me! The window is there for a split second and disappears. I did a virus scan(Norton's) and the puter checked out OK! I'm gonna run Spy-bot and Ad-aware again. Thanks

Skippy, search your computers hard drive for msconfig.exe

If it finds that file, double click on it and see if it opens.