Sign in to follow this  
AMDX1325

The Democratic National Convention

Nope, not really...

to do anything we please

to an extent...

work at the job we want

tell that to the unemployed and the underemployed making a minimum wage fit for a time period that has been gone and passed. Minimum wage should be at least about $8.50

speak out on anything

not without the fear of being blackballed if you're an entertainer

We have everything, they have nothing.

This is probably the closest to the truth.. but they DO have the weapons we sell them.. and they DO have the cash we give them to kill each other... and they DO have the bodies of the innocents that this country has killed (and I'm not just talking about the current war, consider everytime we've bombed their civilian cities). :blink:

This country is no more innocent then theirs is, our government, with the help of the media, is just very good at making things seem different from how they really are. With Bush in office things have only gotten worse - he MUST go.

edit: added more to the "work at the job we want" part

Edited by neo x1

Well he's shour better at finding rich widows to marry....

say what? ?? QUOTE

John Heinz died in a 1991 plane crash.... Teresa Heinz rich widow.

John Kerry latched on to her.

Understand now...?

If Teresa Heinz won't trust presidential candidate John Kerry with her money, why should American voters trust Kerry with their country? :mrsgreen:

Hmmmm.....one guy is married to a rich widow and the other to a woman who jumped a stop sign in her car killing a 17 year old kid :rolleyes: Which is the lesser of 2 evils?

ike... my "say what??" was aimed at the BOLDED part of your post. This word "shour" which, until today, I was completely unaware existed.

Here's another question... what the heck has her being rich have to do with anything? :huh:

Guest Deuces Wild

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/e1698.htm

Mrs. Bush ran stop sign in fatal crash

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Details in a 1963 accident report say that Laura Bush, then 17, ran a stop sign in the Texas crash that killed a friend in another car. The report, adding information to previous reports of the crash, was released to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

''It was a very tragic accident that deeply affected the families and was very painful for all involved, including the community at large,'' said Mrs. Bush's spokesman, Andrew Malcolm. ''To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it.''

She did say in March, when asked at a campaign stop about the crash, ''I know this as an adult, and even more as a parent, it was crushing ... for the family involved and for me as well.''

There had been published accounts of the accident, but city officials had declined to release the records because those involved were under 18. The police report was released Wednesday in response to an open-records request that was submitted to Midland officials in March.

According to the two-page accident report, Laura Welch was driving her Chevrolet sedan on a clear night shortly after 8 p.m. on Nov. 6, 1963, when she drove into an intersection and struck a Corvair sedan driven by 17-year-old Michael Douglas.

If Teresa Heinz won't trust presidential candidate John Kerry with her money, why should American voters trust Kerry with their country? 

:lol: Good point Ike.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Here's another question... what the heck has her being rich have to do with anything? :huh:

Here's another question... what the heck has her getting into a car wreck have to do with anything? :huh:

Stick to the issues guys... lets not drift off into what their wives have/did. It really isn't important.

May 26, 1995, Nantucket, Massachusetts. Witnesses included her three sons and his two daughters. They were married and exchanged gold rings underneath a canopy at an evening ceremony. Teresa wore a peace gown designed by Oscar de la Renta. Peter Yarrow (Peter, Paul & Mary fame) performed at their wedding.

http://marriage.about.com/od/celebritymarr...p/johnkerry.htm

Guest fragged one

Here's another question... what the heck has her getting into a car wreck have to do with anything? :huh:

Stick to the issues guys... lets not drift off into what their wives have/did. It really isn't important.

that's exactly the point

Does the fact that Kerry has not outlined the details of his policies yet mean that he doesn't have any?

It sure looks that way.

The American voters may be ignorant, but they are not stupid. If Kerry does not outline a solid plan very soon, he will not stand a chance getting elected as President.

On the other hand,

Bill Clinton fooled them once, so maybe they can be fooled again. :mrgreen:

if i understand correctly, the point of this thread was to garner thoughts on Kerry's speech last night. all-in-all, i thought it was a grand speech, exceptionally well put together with an extremely logical flow. at this stage, i'm not too terribly concerned how all that he said is going to be accomplished because if something doesn't happen, he'll own up to it and put it on the table for discussion. besides, most plans seem quite doable....nothing was very far fetched.

Sir T is is quite accurate when he says that Bush's stubbornness is his downfall. (or close to that) Kerry lacks the Bush arrogance which i find quite refreshing. i also find it refreshing that Kerry participated in the speech writing process and is well spoken. as for the terrorists taking over should Kerry win the election, I say blah blah blah.....that's just so much plahooey.

actually, save a few well worded on topic posts, much of what's been posted is just so much plahooey. Perhaps Republicans will be able to rise to Kerry's challenge of conducting a positive campaign, perhaps they won't. we'll know soon enough n' hopefully this thread is not an indication......

Since i don't get a chance to post much lately, i'll end with a plea to those with intentions to vote 3rd party, or not vote at all, do not waste your vote. pick the lesser of your 2 evils, if that is your perception, but vote!!! pleeeeez!!!!!

i'm not too terribly concerned how all that he said is going to be accomplished because if something doesn't happen, he'll own up to it and put it on the table for discussion.

This is the problem. Kerry has a 20+ year reputation for saying one thing and voting another way. He has never officially taken responsibility for this behavior nor has he been willing to place these on the table for discussion. I see a definate patten.

What makes you think he will change now. If the voters are not willing to hold him accountable now, then why should he ever consider changing anything??

This speech was a 'beautiful' speech, but with all the BS content that was included, it takes away from the beautifulness of it and will cause people to take it for the BS it is worth. :lol:

there have been numerous times when, yes - Kerry has said he would vote one way, then vote a different way: however, that has more to do with all the appcray that gets piled onto a decent (and some not so decent) bills that cause people to change their mind.

my guess is that duriing the next few months, Kerry will be specific as to how he untends to mplement the changes he spoke of and that he will be held accountable. i believe it may have been Meet the Press when i saw him answers some rather direct questions and he provided some rather direct answers....very straightforward.

obviosly, there are problems no matter which way you look....but all the info isn't in yet. i'm going to wait and see what shakes down. would be nice to think that others will too :)

Fiery Crackers....welcome back sweety, nice to see ya  :wub:

hey there Sir....right back at ya :wub:

there have been numerous times when, yes - Kerry has said he would vote one way, then vote a different way: however, that has more to do with all the appcray that gets piled onto a decent (and some not so decent) bills that cause people to change their mind.

http://bushcampaignlies.blogspot.com/2004/...-in-senate.html

:)

If Teresa Heinz won't trust presidential candidate John Kerry with her money, why should American voters trust Kerry with their country? :mrsgreen:

the fact that Teresa Heinz and john Kerry keep the majority of their "funds" separate has nothing to do with trust but rather that this is not their first marriage, there are business concerns for each to consider, tax issues as well as inheritance matters to be dealt with. all of which is more appropriately done with their finances set up as is.....they do, however, have accounts held jointly for joint expenses.

heavens, most folks who marry second time around do the same thing if they have anything substantial....it's simply the smart thing to do.

Edit: y'all have a good day....i gottsta go :)

Edited by firekracker

well, i thought the above post was my last but apparently not....i was curious what the links were to and found each was titled Kerry Lies (or close). I fail to see how those sites are ant more relevant or helpful than these....

http://pearly-abraham.tripod.com/htmls/bushlies1.html

http://www.bushwatch.com/bushlies.htm

http://www.bushlies.com/

http://bush-lies.blogspot.com/

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20021125&s=alterman

http://www.whodies.com/

i sure hope this election doesn't deteriorate into counting lies but rather focuses on the positive attributes of the candidates instead of slamming the other. but then maybe there's no alternative other than to slam Kerry rather than discuss Bush in a favorable light. guess i'll check this thread later this afternoon when i get back :)

Guest Deuces Wild

I am not trying to start a who has the most links to lies links, although I can certainly provide more if you want. :lol: I was just offering some counter links to a post made earlier. :rolleyes:

Republicans: Kerry sux! :rolleyes:

Democrats, Libertarians, and darned-near every other free-thinking individual in this country (and others): Bush sux! :rolleyes:

My parents were Republican, I am not. Far as I'm concerned I wouldn't belong to any one political party if my life depended on it. Political affiliation is a farce, and akin to wearing a blindfold throughout your everyday existence.

Take the blindfold off! :angry:

We need someone in office who has the best interests of the American people at heart, and Bush ain't it. -kd5-

Edited by kd5

gosh, i wasn't counting links at all n' hadn't noticed i'd listed more than you. that wasn't my point....not hardly. though i had no idea those links were posted to counter previous posts as there are is no reference to connect those links to anything :)

besides, i stated i hope this election does NOT deteriorate into a counting of lies....but post all the links you want. makes no diff to me :mrgreen: