Sign in to follow this  
AMDX1325

The Democratic National Convention

Guest Deuces Wild

You are correct Neo.

I saw plenty of style and pizazz yesterday but no substance, including no explanation of how the new programs trotted out will be paid for or any discussion of the past 240 months of his service in the Senate.

Plenty of talk about "gonna do this" and gonna do that", some backhanded slams at the current administration and PLENTY of talk about his 4 months in Vietnam some 30 years ago.

Substance over style any day. But style was definitely was more important yesterday. :lol::rolleyes:

Plenty of talk about "gonna do this" and gonna do that", some backhanded slams at the current administration and PLENTY of talk about his 4 months in Vietnam some 30 years ago.

I'm really gettin tired of him using his 4 months in Vietnam to get himself elected. Its really upsetting that in the first election I'll be participating in, my choices are a couple of characters like these - an oil monkey and Herman Munster with 3 purple hearts. :(

Guest fragged one

Don't worry about what label they've smacked on themselves - worry about what they say and do. ;)

label? say and do?

did you read my post, at all?

there really isn't any difference between democrats and republicans, and judging how both of them have screwed up this country, there is NO WAY i could vote for either.

this is a direct reference to WHAT THEY DO that you referred to. lay off the caffeine, eh.

Guest fragged one

If Kerry has only one thing going for him (his 4 months of duty) then that is one more thing than the current bozo running America :lol:

clinton didn't serve, but bush 1 did...

I need to lay off the caffeine?

First off, I drink neither soda nor coffee, secondly, you need to calm down. I meant what they do on an individual level, not what they do on the "republican" or "democrat" label level. :chill:

If Kerry has only one thing going for him (his 4 months of duty) then that is one more thing than the current bozo running America 

lol :lol: this is true. I'll be voting for Kerry even though I don't particularly care for him because I'm down for the "Anybody but Bush in 2004" creed.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here... Edited by neo x1

In the sea this Mock

Turtle attended a school, where they learned Reeling, Writhing, Arithmetic--Ambition,

Distraction, Uglification and Derision--Mystery, Seaography and Washing.

There ya go. Eminently qualified. :lol:

Vote mock turtle

Better than beans. :lol:

Edited by moon

Guest fragged one

I need to lay off the caffeine?

First off, I drink neither soda nor coffee, secondly, you need to calm down. I meant what they do on an individual level, not what they do on the "republican" or "democrat" label level. :chill:

If Kerry has only one thing going for him (his 4 months of duty) then that is one more thing than the current bozo running America 

lol :lol: this is true. I'll be voting for Kerry even though I don't particularly care for him because I'm down for the "Anybody but Bush in 2004" creed.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here...

I meant what they do on an individual level, not what they do on the "republican" or "democrat" label level.

you mean like ted kennedy killing a girl? that's non-sequitor...

voting records are important to look at, but the fact remains that party members usually stick to party lines, even in cases where they may personally disagree with it. republican and democrat are a lot more than just labels, neo, they are their political philosophy and brethren. it's almost as if saying 'catholic' is a mere label.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here...

that's in reference to what sir t said. bush 1 was pretty inneffective, but he served as a fighter pilot. clinton was effective (to sir t), and did NOT serve. i'm just showing how sir t's logic doesn't follow.

Fragged one, you might want to clean up the extra, uneeded quote - Ax is cracking down.

party members usually stick to party lines, even in cases where they may personally disagree with it. republican and democrat are a lot more than just labels, neo, they are their political philosophy and brethren. it's almost as if saying 'catholic' is a mere label.

Being Catholic and being a Republican or Democrat cannot be so easily compared. One has to do with your religious belief and the other is just a label that generally serves as a guideline for how a person may react on a certain issue. One is FAR more important than the other, obviously, and I'm slightly offended that you would even suggest otherwise. Its a foolish move to only vote Republican or Democrat just because thats the label u also tattooed on yourself - it boils down to political fanboyism.

...and..I took what SirT said as more of a joke than anything.

Edited by neo x1

Kerry's speech was 'pretty' and 'beautiful'.

I've gone over it several times and the talk sounds real good and positive.

I have yet to find any indication or plan regarding how Kerry will implement his wonderful outline to save America and how we will pay for it and reduce the deficit at the same time. If he plans to tax and gouge the 'Rich', he will be facing the layoffs of 10,000,000 people instead of creating 10,000,000 jobs.

If you can find a realistic plan, I'd be interested in reading about it.

Again we have some nice talk by a person that has no intension or idea as to how to implement his 'I believe in (BS'ing) America' plan.

The major difference between Bush and Kerry is that Kerry talks about doing things and Bush creates a good plan and implements what he says he will do.

Guest fragged one

Being Catholic and being a Republican or Democrat cannot be so easily compared. One has to do with your religious belief and the other is just a label that generally serves as a guideline for how a person may react on a certain issue. One is FAR more important than the other, obviously, and I'm slightly offended that you would even suggest otherwise.

then you don't understand politicians...because their party is their religion. without it and funding from the party, they would never be elected. they are who they are because of the party, just as a catholic would believe that they are who they are because of god.

now, i know it's not on as grand of a scale, but i think it's a fair comparison.

Its a foolish move to only vote Republican or Democrat just because thats the label u also tattooed on yourself - it boils down to political fanboyism.

you are absolutely correct, and i completely agree. however, you still have the issue of the individual just running along with the mass. that's perfectly okay if you agree with the mass, but if you don't agree with the mass, then you have the dilemna.

of course, there are always exceptions, but they are few and far between, and none of them are in the senate.

...and..I took what SirT said as more of a joke than anything.

yeah, i just feel ornery. :P

Guest fragged one

Bush creates a good plan and implements what he says he will do.

yeah, like iraq? the patriot act? iraq? guantanimo bay?

good plans?

:rolleyes:

Again we have some nice talk by a person that has no intension or idea as to how to implement his 'I believe in (BS'ing) America' plan.

Does the fact that Kerry has not outlined the details of his policies yet mean that he doesn't have any? Or could he and his party be waiting for the more opportune moment....

yeah, i just feel ornery.

:lol:

Military Service

Fine bunch of patriots them Republicans :rolleyes:

Edited by Sir T Fireball

ok Kerry's service record alone does not equate to him being a good candidate for Pres :P  It just makes him a better man  :lol:

Well he's shour better at finding rich widows to marry.... :mrgreen:

yeah, like iraq?  the patriot act?  iraq?  guantanimo bay?

good plans?

:rolleyes:

DAMN YOU FRAGGED! :grr:

you beat me to it. :P

I was reading that and was gonna call him out on it.

Good point, SirT. One thing doesn't neccesarily mean the other. Look at it this way guys... most politicians don't fulfill 50% of their promises... so if they promise us the world.. we'll at least get Canada! :woot:

disclaimer: i'm just kidding...

Well he's shour better at finding rich widows to marry.... 

say what? :blink::huh: ?? Edited by neo x1

I think at least people should wait to see the details of his policies before attacking them :P

Smacks of desperatism otherwise, much like making light of his military service being FAR superior to the current chicken hawk.

Did someone say ':censored: envy' again :woot:

Yes! They were very good plans and any dictator that supports terrorism and killing innocent Americans or killing their own citizens had better think twice about it. The middle east is shaking in their boots with Bush in office because they know the US will not tolerate any of their BS and will back up anything required for the security of the US.

If Kerry gets into office, the terrorist dictators will take over the middle east governments and return to buisness as usual, torturing and killing their own people. They can't wait for Bush to be gone because they fear the leader of the US.

Do you know WHY a lot of these country's hate the US?

Always remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Unforunately, there is no clear cut, black and white "good guy" and "evil doer" like the Bush admin would like people to believe.

Edited by neo x1

Yes! They were very good plans and any dictator that supports terrorism and killing innocent Americans or killing their own citizens had better think twice about it. The middle east is shaking in their boots with Bush in office because they know the US will not tolerate any of their BS and will back up anything required for the security of the US.

If Kerry gets into office, the terrorist dictators will take over the middle east governments and return to buisness as usual, torturing and killing their own people. They can't wait for Bush to be gone because they fear the leader of the US.

I would hazard a guess that America is actually one of the most scared nations at this time.....seeing terrorists at every turn and lashing out through fear of the unknown. Just what is the current warning level today, elevated, normal?

As for killing it's own people, America does a good job of that too. Texas under Bush has a mighty healthy death count. Let alone all those service men & women that were sent to the Middle East to die for no good reason.

Guest fragged one

it was a good plan to invade iraq, but that's where the plan stopped. there isn't a good plan for iraq.

Guest fragged one

Just what is the current warning level today, elevated, normal?

i think we're fuscia today. :lol:

i think we're fuscia today. :lol:

I thought it was Yellow :P

3. Elevated Condition (Yellow). An Elevated Condition is declared when there is a significant risk of terrorist attacks. In addition to the Protective Measures taken in the previous Threat Conditions, Federal departments and agencies should consider the following general measures in addition to the Protective Measures that they will develop and implement:

Increasing surveillance of critical locations;

Coordinating emergency plans as appropriate with nearby jurisdictions;

Assessing whether the precise characteristics of the threat require the further refinement of preplanned Protective Measures; and

Implementing, as appropriate, contingency and emergency response plans.

Do you know WHY a lot of these country's hate the US?

Yes. We have the freedom here to do anything we please, work at the job we want, buy anything we want, and speak out on anything. These other countries are envious of the US.

We have everything, they have nothing.