Sign in to follow this  
AMDX1325

The Democratic National Convention

Guest Deuces Wild

Political adds put out by the RNC in the form of an 11 minute video are not facts. But are in fact nothing more then clips, sound bites, pieced together to fit their mold.

I fail to see how you can even claim such junk is fact.

So what is not factual about the video Bruce?

I didn't say it wasn't factual, I am saying it misrepresents things, in the way it is pieced together, and the way it is clipped.

Guest Deuces Wild

Well I guess so since you are the one claiming it was not true. :rolleyes: All I would like to know is what is not true/factual in the video.

Political adds put out by the RNC in the form of an 11 minute video are not facts. But are in fact nothing more then clips, sound bites, pieced together to fit their mold.

I didn't say it wasn't factual,

:rolleyes:

Regardless, I am bowing out of this thread. Have a nice night Bruce and Intra. :)

Edited by Deuces Wild

At the Convention last night... :P

Posted Image

Rev. Al Sharpton illustrates the size of Michael Moore's pants.

I know I'm late but... :rofl::roller: That was funny as hell. Good one. :tup:

The only thing i know to be true is, When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness... :P:mrgreen:

Guest Deuces Wild

I just watched the nice film on Kerry shown at the convention...his youth, his family, his time in Vietnam, his work as a prosecutor and his run for the Presidency. Very moving. Very well done.

But.....what happened to the part about his 240 months in the US Senate???Somehow they thought they would leave that out of the video.

I wonder why? :lol:

The Poodle barks and howls tonight...

Posted Image

The real truth

I have a photoshopped picture of Bush to counter this picture of Kerry, however I will not post it because it will probably offend some people.

I have a photoshopped picture of Bush to counter this picture of Kerry, however I will not post it because it will probably offend some people.

like offending others has bothered you before... :P

like offending others has bothered you before... :P

:rolleyes: I don't care if I offend conservatives just I do not want to offend my fellow liberals

:rolleyes: I don't care if I offend conservatives just I do not want to offend my fellow liberals

LOL! at least we've got that clear! :lol: Edited by The1PatO

So is Kerry's 4 months of heroic service in Vietnam more important than his track record as a Senator over the past 240 months? :lol:

Wanna hear about his record over the recent past? Click on the link at my sig. :rolleyes:

his 4 months is definately more honorable then Bush abandoning his country, IKE can show pictures of Kerry chopped to look french (obviously symbolizing cowardice) but Kerry is an American hero while Bush is little more then a coward.

I was reading the speach and noticed this point, "Allow Americans to buy less expensive drugs from countries like Canada." Now that is nice we are going to allow millions of Americans to buy our subsidized drugs while Kerry will put a stranglehold on our trading. I hope Kerry wins but when he does I hope Canada makes some revisions so Kerry does not allow Americans to take advantage of Canada or NAFTA even more then the United States does now.

guru,

Best scenario is increased investment in pharmaceutical manufacturing and research, providing domestic jobs and widespread continental availability of drugs.

Worst and most likely scenario is yet another pitted trade war between NAFTA partners Canada and the US.

I

PS

If America is really serious about reclaiming its allies, let them start with bringing the softwood lumber faction to heel. Canada -- US relations will never be made right until American harvesters are made to follow scientific values as opposed to political ones.

Edited by Iain

I pray Kerry gets into office. He mentioned in his speech those Americans who drape themselves in old glory and are blinded and deafened by their patriotism. Those are the Americans that have led so much of the world to generalise when thinking of America as arrogant, devoid of compassion and corrupt. They are the Americans who support GWB and his hawks regardless of the atrocities they commit in foreign lands. They are the people who's xenophobia and disdain for the welfare of others is matched in its intensity only by their craving for the almighty dollar.

Kerry isn't perfect. He does however have a sense of decency and integrity that GWB clearly lacks. Kerry will and has admit to making mistakes. He will change his allegiance on a cause if new evidence opens his eyes. Some call that flip-flopping, but the alternative is far more sinister and dangerous. A stubborn man like GWB who sees everything in black & white and white is always right. A man who will never concede having made a mistake is a coward. When those mistakes have cost thousands upon thousands of innocent lives, it makes him a murderous coward. Looking back at GWB's military record and his family's driving record, murder & cowardice appear to be family traits.

For the good of America and the world - Please vote KERRY.

Yes, but when's the mock turtle's turn ?

This is the Mock Turtle. As one can see in Tenniel's illustration the Mock Turtle

is the hybrid of ox--head, legs and tail--and turtle--body and hands.

The Mock Turtle tells Alice (and us) why he is what he is. In the sea this Mock

Turtle attended a school, where they learned Reeling, Writhing, Arithmetic--Ambition,

Distraction, Uglification and Derision--Mystery, Seaography and Washing.

The Mock Turtle says that once he was a real Turtle; having these lessons might have

made him a creature of self pity. Anyway, the master was called Tortoise by the Mock

Turtle and his classmates, because he "taught us."

Posted Image

http://homepage2.nifty.com/Workshop-Alice/click/m-t.html :lol:

Guest fragged one

I pray Kerry gets into office. He mentioned in his speech those Americans who drape themselves in old glory and are blinded and deafened by their patriotism. Those are the Americans that have led so much of the world to generalise when thinking of America as arrogant, devoid of compassion and corrupt. They are the Americans who support GWB and his hawks regardless of the atrocities they commit in foreign lands. They are the people who's xenophobia and disdain for the welfare of others is matched in its intensity only by their craving for the almighty dollar.

Kerry isn't perfect. He does however have a sense of decency and integrity that GWB clearly lacks. Kerry will and has admit to making mistakes. He will change his allegiance on a cause if new evidence opens his eyes. Some call that flip-flopping, but the alternative is far more sinister and dangerous. A stubborn man like GWB who sees everything in black & white and white is always right. A man who will never concede having made a mistake is a coward. When those mistakes have cost thousands upon thousands of innocent lives, it makes him a murderous coward. Looking back at GWB's military record and his family's driving record, murder & cowardice appear to be family traits.

For the good of America and the world - Please vote KERRY.

nice speech.

there really isn't any difference between democrats and republicans, and judging how both of them have screwed up this country, there is NO WAY i could vote for either.

but i'm sure you follow american politics very closely, sir t. i'm sure you know how it is here.

but i'm sure you follow american politics very closely, sir t. i'm sure you know how it is here.

I like to keep an eye on American politics for the main reason that your great country has the single largest influence on the world as a whole. Who leads your country is as important to me as it is to anyone, yet I don't really care too much about your homeland taxation policies etc. Knowing if the guy with his finger on the big red button has a frazzled brain from over-exposure to oil fumes is of interest to me. Knowing if the same guy is concerned about polluting mine and my childrens world worries me. Praying that the current leader of the USA is replaced by someone who will not create thousands of new terrorists and many of thousands of dead civillians as the current one does; replaced by someone who doesn't flip the bird at the environment in favour of his and his buddies' bank balances as the current one does.

So no, I don't really know how it is there. 'How it is there' is low on my list of priorities if I'm to take it to mean your daily lifestyle and how your governement affects the cost of a gallon of gas or a quart of milk. There are more important things to concern oneself with in the world.

As long as your government is running through the world like a demented giant. Causing death and destruction, mistrust and religious intolerance, fear and hatred, I will continue to declare a right to show and express an interest in your General election. ;)

Americans face a critical decision about the direction of our country, not just in 2004 but for the long term. One is the conservative path for America: tax breaks for the wealthy that do little for the middle class while saddling us with massive debt; government by and for corporations that is indifferent to the struggles of everyday families; and a radical and destabilizing foreign policy that has overburdened our military and left our nation less secure. The other is a progressive path for America:

As former President Clinton stated earlier this week, "Strength and wisdom are not opposing values." America must relentlessly hunt down and eliminate fundamentalist extremists who aim to destroy our way of life. But in doing so, we must uphold our basic values, honor our international allies and prove to the world that the American way is a just and righteous way toward global security.

http://www.americanprogress.org/site/c.biJRJ8OVF/b.3456/

there really isn't any difference between democrats and republicans, and judging how both of them have screwed up this country, there is NO WAY i could vote for either.

Don't worry about what label they've smacked on themselves - worry about what they say and do. ;)

Don't worry about what label they've smacked on themselves - worry about what they say and do. ;)

:tup:

Nice one Neo :beer:

I have always voted for the Conservative party (right wing) in the UK, but would vote Democrat if I were a US citizen. Labels mean diddly when it comes down to it unless the label is a deliberate distortion of the facts.

see: Fair & balanced :P