Sign in to follow this  
AMDX1325

The Democratic National Convention

lol, if he was my employee he sure would :P

even if he didn't know what a canadian dollar looked like, FOR GOD SAKES he had to of played monopoly at least once in his life! :lol:

he must have been the first one to go bankrupt in that game :D

None of you have any idea what Bush does in the presidency. Everything they tell us could be a load of $#@%. If your gonna argue about something all day, at least make sure you have the facts, not junk that the TV fed you.

Oh, so where do you get your info Ghost? You sit on Bush's lap while he signs documents? :):huh: ?

Judging by his actions and the results of his actions, he's a screw up. There's really nothing more to say other than that - the guy is a screw up. Get him outta there.

well without the Iraq war the deficit would be significantly less, also dont forget that congress passes the budget and passed the Patriot Act. So now for an honest debate, still a screw up?

would you consider him a screw up if the Iraq war never happened?

I never liked Bush Jr., not from the moment the news media reported that the republicans had shooed him into the nomination based on big $$$, and that he'd be a "sure fire" nomination for the presidency. Bush never even outlined a campaign, he just bought his way into the republican nomination. Mind you, this is all from memory of how things were back then, not from any so-called "fair and balanced" reporting links to so-called "fair and balanced" news stories.

Something about him back then generated distrust with me, and unfortunately Bush has done absolutely nothing to change my perception of him. I'm generally a pretty good judge of character with first impressions. From my perspective, my gut feeling then remains the same now: I still don't trust him. I never have and I never will. He's done nothing to change my belief that his interests and actions thus far have even the remotest connection with the best interests of the American people.

That he reacted as he did with 9-11 is pretty much indicative of how any self-respecting president would have reacted, presented with the same scenario, and as such doesn't deserve any special recognition for his actions during that period in time. His shift however, to Iraq, based on his holier-than-thou crusade against weapons of mass destruction-turned-fallacious fiasco, is further indication of his ineptness, and just another reason for my continued distrust of him.

I'll be happier when he's out of the office of the presidency.....period. -kd5-

So now for an honest debate, still a screw up?

Even without the war, the US went from the largest surplus in history to the largest deficit in history in a mere three years. Congress did pass the Patriot Act, but both houses are controlled by Republicans who act in accordance with the leader of their party, President Bush.

Is this sufficiently honest? :P

Edited by rhizome

would you consider him a screw up if the Iraq war never happened?

for the first part of my post, please refer to kd5's post. :lol:

Now for the second part of my post...

Had the war in Iraq not happened I wouldnt consider him quite as much of a screw up, but he'd still be a screw up. If I had to choose one thing that really irks me about him, its the diversity of his screw ups. It's almost like he's a renaissance man of screwing up - it's quite perplexing and almost awe inspiring. :erm::woot::huh:? Clinton had his screw ups, but they generally didn't affect us in any obviously bad ways... he did the deed with a fat chick, it was annoying to see it on the TV all the time, OK, I can move on. This guy, however, has done so many dumb things that I couldn't possibly list them all off of memory. Some of my favorites are holding the republican convention in the place that terrorist love to target and giving them something even more lucrative to try to blow up, hordes of Bush lovers; the economy; tax cuts that benefit the wealthy while carrying on a war; choking on a pretzel (j/k); and finally alienating the country. BRAVO!

edit: edited for clarity

Edited by neo x1

It's almost like he's a renaissance man of screwing up - it's quite perplexing and almost awe inspiring. ermm.gif w00t.gif wassat.gif

:lol::lol::lol: