Sign in to follow this  
Guest zoideraserb

Web Pages Won't Load

Guest zoideraserb
:nuke: Web Pages Won't load and Netscape says that it can find a valid port or something like that but it didn't start acting up until i deleted All TEMP file and File in the TEMP folder so if anyone can help please Post anything may be of use :nuke:

first i heard of anything in the Temp directory causing netscape not to work. did you virus scan, trojan scan, and spyware scan? What is the exact error message? i'm gonna assume your talking about c:\windows\Temp also. could you also run and post a pitstop test so we can see what maybe running in your background and other system information using IE for now? http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress/howto1.asp

What type of connection do you use? Dial up or Broadband

If dial up then try another number

If broadband then powercycle the modem and restart the computer

Guest zoideraserb

O.K. Here is the Exact Message "Netscape was unable to create a network socket connection "There may be insufficient system resources or the network may be down" I also have IE 6.0 and it won't load pages either so i don't know what it could be.

O.K. Here is the Exact Message "Netscape was unable to create a network socket connection "There may be insufficient system resources or the network may be down" I also have IE 6.0 and it won't load pages either so i don't know what it could be.

That error message that you are getting in Netscape is the same thing as "Page cannot be displayed" error in Internet Explorer. They just word it differently.

Have you tried another Dial up number or contacted your ISP about this?

Guest zoideraserb

O.K. I have used ad-aware Ax Slinger and it found a bunch of junk so i backed it up and deleted it but it didn't start doing it until the next time i turned it on so tat might be it. if it is how can i restore winsoc?