Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iamcanuck

Pest Patrol Question

:help: I use various sound effects as system events on my desktop computer. Since I bought, and installed Pest Patrol my sounds keep reverting back to the xp system sounds (ew!). I want my Captain Picard and Worf back! Every time I re-install, they disappear. Any suggestions? Thank you. :mrwinky:

Hi iamcanuck,

Welcome to the Pit. :)

I don't know what you O/S is but did you try Start/Control Panel/Sounds & audio devices/Sounds & try saving as a sound scheme?

Just a though. ;)

Hawk :beer:

Yes, and I had no problem using my sound schemes for over a year, until Pest Patrol. It's the only thing I have done since this problem. And since I can't see where the files are that are identified by PestPatrol - I cannot excempt them from deletion. I thought I was helping by buying Pest Patrol, but beginning to regret it.

I never used Pest Patrol but understand it is one of the top programs on the market.

Just as an idea, might be an idea to contact Pest Patrol & ask their advice on how to keep this from happening.

http://www.pestpatrol.com/

That is the home page & look for "Customer Care". You should be able to present your problem to them by using that. Never know, they may have a solution. :)

Hawk :beer: