Sign in to follow this  
Slide

Xp Service Pack 2

Humm... look at this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WindowsBeta - F.A.Q.

What are the system requirements?

F.A.Q. Entry written by: Windows Xp SP2

Applies to: Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the beta version of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Microsoft® Windows® Home Edition and Windows XP Professional

This Article was written: 12/11/2003 3:11:22 PM

Answer:

Before you install the beta version of SP2, ensure that you have Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional installed on your computer. Also ensure that you have enough disk space on your computer to install SP2.

You need up to 1700 MB of free space on your computer in order to install the beta version of SP2. Because some temporary files are deleted after the installation is complete, the actual disk space SP2 uses after it is installed can be up to 1400 MB, depending on your computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only have 1.58. :woot: I need to get some drive space and see what happens. Will let you know.

Seya soon...

ok see the folder marked windows five items up from where you have current version open

open that windows folder and check there you have

Hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windowsnt/currentversion

it should be

hkey_local_machine/system/current control/windows

the csdversion will be on the right side of the screen

you have windows NT open not plain windows :)

Hey Bear... How's this?

Posted Image

and Hawk got the moving of files to free up some drive space. Then defraged and went and go the XP SP2 again. All was going great until:

Posted Image

and then this:

Posted Image

I'm done trying and will wait for the next SP update. This has been fun :woot: and I did get alot more HD space, so not all was lost. I'll be hanging here to maybe help someome. :rofl2::rofl2:

Hi Slide,

Sorry it didn't work for you. :(

Happy to hear you are going to stick around & help out. :) As you no doubt observed, we can use lots of help.

Just a thought, do you think you can run a Pit test so that we might have a look inside? Might be able to offer some suggestions about your HDD. ;)

Click first down to test, second will explain haw to post a link to your results.

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

On my way and thanks for all of the help!

:snooze::snooze::snooze:

:lol:

Back and the results are there in the Discuss your score.

Seya Soon...

Edited by Slide

Sorry it did not work :(

I did the fix on two computers mine and a friends we both have xp pro corp maybe thats the difference

I'll do a bit more digging and if I caome up with anything different I'll pm you

that is xp your running right ?

Hi Hawk...

Yes I did not bad for the most, but could be better. Been working on it Got another 4 gig freed up on the drive. More to come soon. as far as tweeking the system.

Seya soon and thanks.

Got another 4 gig freed up on the drive. More to come soon.

All helps Slide. Keep it up. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

Hey all... :lol:

Had to redo my drive and now I think I can dance. Once reformated, reinstalled and activated, I redowned XP sp 2 and is running great. Thanks again for all of your help!

Seya soon.