Sign in to follow this  
poolloop

Can't Get Into Msn...help!

Hawk did anyone ever tell you that you had the patience of a saint? re-installed yahoo messenger then uninstalled,had to get rid of the icon in the task bar myself and yahoo is still in the prog files when I click on hard disk drive c and still in installed progs(yahoo int mail),at a total loss.

Dee Dee

Did you go to contol panel/add-remove & try there...uninstalling? If thst fails, go into programs & see if there is an uninstall wizard.

Don't uninstall your mail account as I assume you want to keep that? ;)

Hawk :beer:

I'm gonna make this short...went to start...my puter..clicked hr dsk dr c..clicked prog fls...found yahoo folder..clicked...4 folders..common,installs,companion,messenger..clicked messenger and a load of stuff came up,should I delete it all?do I need yahoo mail if I have msn hotmail.

Thanks

Dee Dee

:blink: You mean you don't use Yahoo mail? Why do you have it...get it when you got the Yahoo IM?

If you don't use Yahoo for anything, I would uninstall it all if you can. Might be a problem. ;) Can't uninstall in add/remove? If you can't, try it the way you are doing. Watch you don't delete anything else except Yahoo.

If you are able to delete it, do a Windows search for "Yahoo" as there are bound to be fragments left. Try to get them all. I think you have AdAware...if you do...run it.

Didn't want to bug you guys anymore so went looking around and went into msn interactive online tech support,explained prob and was told it was corrupted files for wds xp op sys..does that sound right?

Dee Dee

Didn't want to bug you guys anymore so went looking around and went into msn interactive online tech support,explained prob and was told it was corrupted files for wds xp op sys..does that sound right?

:blink:

What happened to the Yahoo problem??? Did you get it uninstalled?

Ok....Dee Dee, what is the status of you computer right now. Is it back to normal...can you access your MSN mail....is Yahoo gone...any other problems?

Yahoo is still there in installed progs and C drive prog files(thats why I went into tech support) I can get into msn and e-mail and puter seems to be working fine.It just bugs me that I can't get rid of it,thanks for all your help Hawk.

Dee Dee

Ok...so it is Yahoo that's the only problem. Can you delete though add/remove? If not, go to Start/ All programs, do you see an uninstall option.

If not there, can you access program files by going to "My Documents" & click on folders. You should see my computer...click on that, click on local disk C/programs & you should see the folder for Yahoo.

Click on the folder & look for uninstall or anything that starts with un...?

Let us know what you wish to do. If it is not causing any problem or phoning home, might just as well leave it be unless it starts causing problems.

If it ain't broke don't fix it right,Yahoo isn't causing me any grief so I'm going to leave well enough alone,

I think I'm just asking for trouble meddling with stuff I don't really understand.

Thanks a million

Dee Dee

If it ain't broke don't fix it right,Yahoo isn't causing me any grief so I'm going to leave well enough alone,

I think I'm just asking for trouble meddling with stuff I don't really understand.

Thanks a million

Dee Dee

Ok Dee Dee, If it gets too annoying & you decide to remove some time, let us know. :mrgreen:

Good luck,

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend the web browser..opera..I was told I shouldn't be using anything else?

Hi Dee Dee,

I use IE but there are a lot of different browsers. Someone should come along that uses Opera & give you some advice.

To give you an idea of the browsers available, have a look here:

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/misctool...fwbrowser.shtml

That is just one site. :)

Regards,

You're welcome Dee Dee. :)

Hope it helped some.

Regards,