Sign in to follow this  
poolloop

Can't Get Into Msn...help!

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some help,I can't sign into MSN,I have WDS XP tried winsock xp fix..didn't work.Hawk has been graciously helping me,I d/l ad-ware 6 quarantined 366 bugs still can't sign in.All systems are up and running and I don't know much about computers,any tips would be most appreciated,Norton AV/04 installed.

Thanks

Dee Dee

Hi again Dee Dee,

Let's try this first. Click on the first link down & it will take you to the Pit test. Make sure your firewall & AV are disabled for the test & enable after the test.

Second link down will tell you how to post a link to your results.

Good luck.

Hawk :beer:

Hey,

Thanks for the replies,I don't think MSN is down I'm the only one in my area having probs and Hawk pitstop suggested more memory and clean up disk space which I did.

Dee Dee

Dee Dee, could you give us a link to your test?

Click the second one down & it will tell you how.

Hey Guys,

The prob fixed itself,when I went in to do what Hawk advised(disable a/v and do pitstop test)Norton a/v has encountered an internal prog error popped up,it advised me to un-install and re-install,when I clicked ok unable to start the integrator popped up.I un-installed and re-installed Norton and lo and behold I was able to sign into MSN,not sure about being able to give you the link for my test results...it just said install more memory and clean up disk space (drive c).I can't thank you enough and thanks for the welcome to the pit,I'm sure I'll be back,until next time

Best Regards

Dee Dee

Happy it worked out Dee Dee. :)

Still like to get that link though so we can have a closer look. If you have a problem with posting it, just let us know & we can explain.

Regards,

The first thing you should do Dee Dee is to D/l this program & clean up the junk & IE temp files:

http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

In options, make sure "Standard" is checked.

Click on the link for you results & then click on "Test Details", scroll down to the blue/gray files & click on ones you don't recognize. You will be offered a suggestion or a Google search option to find out about the item. Look at Kazaa Lite & Real Player.

Your CPU is running at 3% which isn't drastic but usually points at something running in the background or an infection. If you R/click on your task bar/Task Manager/processes, you will see what is running. Do not disable, just tell us what it is.

Your RAM is too light at 128MB...should be at least 256MB which is about minimum. It would be advisable to add at least 256MB more & you will notice a difference in how your programs run.

Let us know how you make out please.

Edited by Hawk

Hi Everyone,

D/Lthe cleanup that Hawk suggested and ran it don't remember the exact #'s but it said WOW you really needed this,how often should I run this cleanup.There didn't seem to be much running in the background only pc pitstop and msn messenger.Would the lack of memory make my computer really slow?

Thanks Guys

Dee Dee

Would the lack of memory make my computer really slow?

Hi Dee Dee,

Would suggest you run CleanUp every time you go off line for the day.

With 128MB of memory, you are going to find things slow. I think 256MB is about minimum for a puter to work well. I would suggest you consider adding a stick of 256MB & you will notice a big difference with 384MB of RAM.

There are a lot more good freeware programs available that I think you would be interested in but until you get more RAM, I don't think it would be advisable right now.

Happy to see things are looking up. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Hawk

Are Kazaa Lite and Real Player not good for your puter?if so please tell it to my kids.

Hi Dee Dee,

Might want to have a look at these:

http://www.andreasroom.com/HowTo/kazaalite.aspx

http://computing.net/security/wwwboard/for...orum/11967.html

Hope this helps some.

Hi Hawk,

Just looked at both things you sent me about Kazaa and Real player,most of it was Greek to me but got the gist,I saved them because my son really needs to have a look,thanks a million and have a good day!

Dee Dee

Hello,

I knew I'd be back!My prob this time...can't log off or turn off puter have to do it from the cpu and when I come back on a little box pops up...Initialization Error,cocreatelnstance for the my yahoo DLL failed...apply.I had yahoo but thought I got rid of it all......HELP!

Thanks

Dee Dee

Are you talking about Yahoo mail, IM,Home Page, ?? & how did you get rid of it?

Need a bit more info Dee Dee ;)

My niece suggested I d/l Yahoo messenger and it came with a lot of other crap that showed up on my internet explorer page so I got rid of it all...Yahoo internet mail is in my installed progs and won't be removed when clicked.

Dee Dee

Oh Hawk I don't know and it would be easier to help me if I had answers right? I think I had a desk top icon... as for getting rid of them I can't remember if I just deleted some and removed some or what,I'm sorry for being so vague.

Thanks

Dee Dee

Did you look at the link Dee Dee? That is from Yahoo & gives directions how to uninstall.

It may mean you will have to d/l again & then uninstall? :blink: