Sign in to follow this  
ChrisR

This Is Ridiculous

My older brother was here today, and he brought his kid with him, a cute two year old blond haired little guy named Skyler.

At the same time I unplugged everything from my cable modem, because I got a new router today and I was going to hook it up.

Then I made the ultimate mistake- I left Skyler in the same room with the cable modem. He's been going through a phase where he just loves hiding things in random places, and boy did he have fun hiding this.

So now I'm on dialup till I can find the damn cable modem, who knew a toddler could inflict so much torture upon me??? :help:

Tyler, my 19 month old baby nephew, does similar things. However, we don't let him alone in the computer room. Also, we know that if we can't find something of say the site of a remote control then we know to go look inside the old canon fax machine. Seen too many things in that machine and wonder how it still works :P

:lol: That's too funny.

Damn I feel so stupid, being outsmarted by a baby. If Skyler could say something other than "cookie" or "daddy" I'd give him the interrogation of his life!! :angry::P

who knew a toddler could inflict so much torture upon me???  :help:

I did. :lol:

Something I learned a long time ago about toddlers and computers.

Never leave a toddler alone anywhere near your expensive computer.

I know now that they're not as dumb as they look or act!! Although messing with me like this wasn't exactly the most intelligence choice in the world.

I just know it's going to end up in the strangest place that I would never look, but it's 1AM and I've been searching since about the late afternoon, I guess the hunt continues in the morning. :bang: :help: :nuke:

First of all, NEVER EVER leave a toddler alone anywhere near your computer parts. Second, a 2 year old is old enough to question about where he puts things. He may not know what it's called, but he knows where he put it. And he needs his little bottom spanked soundly for messing with things that don't belong to him. I never put anything up away from my kids when they were little....they learned to leave things alone.

And he needs his little bottom spanked soundly for messing with things that don't belong to him.  

He's 2 years old. A bit of tolerance doesn't go astray when they are that young.

I know now that they're not as dumb as they look or act!! Although messing with me like this wasn't exactly the most intelligence choice in the world.

I just know it's going to end up in the strangest place that I would never look, but it's 1AM and I've been searching since about the late afternoon, I guess the hunt continues in the morning. :bang: :help: :nuke:

In the bottom of the sink,or in the fridge.

First of all, NEVER EVER leave a toddler alone anywhere near your computer parts. Second, a 2 year old is old enough to question about where he puts things. He may not know what it's called, but he knows where he put it. And he needs his little bottom spanked soundly for messing with things that don't belong to him. I never put anything up away from my kids when they were little....they learned to leave things alone.

:gasp:

Do you have a pool? Kids love throwing things in pools.. Check there! :mrgreen:

Lol!

I say just get the kid smacked. :D

I think everything should come with a device that remotely emits a noise when you press a button. I mean everything...just keep all the buttons in a separate location and labled. :D

:blink: Smacking him? That seems like an evil thing to do.

Well it was in the dryer!! Thankfully it didn't get turned on, but how the hell did he think to stick it in there?? At least I'm back on broadband now.

just be glad your nephew didn't stick it in the toilet :mrgreen: my 3 year old god daughter has a habit of doing things like that.

Edited by mohawkwarrior

Congrats on finding it did you find it why you were doing the londry?

:lol: That's exactly how I found it.

I guess I should be happy he didn't take it near the toilet! :blink:

:rofl2: Too funny! You have to watch them toddlers! I'm glad you found it.. :lol: in the dryer..but be thankful he did not put it in the toilet. That's what I was thinking to that or in the trash. :shifty:

:blink: Smacking him? That seems like an evil thing to do

No, I didn't say smack him, I said spank him. There's a BIG difference in my book. And yes, he is young, but you start teaching them when they're young, and they'll thank you for it when they're older.

I come from the "spare the rod and spoil the child" way of child-rearing.

Geez people!! I didn't say beat the kid half to death. :rolleyes:

No, I didn't say smack him, I said spank him. There's a BIG difference in my book. And yes, he is young, but you start teaching them when they're young, and they'll thank you for it when they're older.

I come from the "spare the rod and spoil the child" way of child-rearing.

Geez people!! I didn't say beat the kid half to death. :rolleyes:

DL, I was raised the same way and I told my dad a few years ago I was glad he did give me the occasional spanking. For one thing, it taught me to respect my parents and the rules they put upon me. I find it repulsive that our society has become so warped that any form of punishment, outside of timeouts, is being classified as child abuse.

On that note, I'm glad to hear you found it. I guess it's a good thing the FCC can't file laundering charges for that. :blink: