Sign in to follow this  
Bear

Merlins Post

I sent the list of names, IP addresses, email addresses, and a full account of what he did to the Administrators of every PC Help forum I know of. And let me just say, I know of quite a few of them.

How about posting all that here for us to see as well...?

Seems to me that at this point in time none of the information

gleaned should be in camera.

The fraud was perpetrated on all of us............ :nospys:

At least tell all the canadians on site...... :P

In almost 7 years of being an Admin, I have file dozens of complaints about people with IPS's, and very rarely do they ever do anything. They are more interested in their money than your problems. And even if you do mange to get them to cut someone off, they can just call another ISP, or have someone else call for them. So I don't even bother with that anymore.

ISP's don't give a rats behind. They get the check in the mail and that's all they care. Companies have lost their sincerity these days.

People who do not have a life have a bad habit of making one up. And the more they lie, the more they have to lie to maintain the lie. Then one day they tell a lie so big that there is no getting out of it. It's so typical.

:tup::yup:

And some of them are too stupid to keep the lie sounding believable....... an example?

those damned exclamation marks!!! (oops sorry went a little overboard there :P)

I always wondered if it was just me, or if he left a little bit too much!!!

IanG asked me if I was Merlin, I told him NO MAN!!!

Anyway, i'm off to the crazy house yizall!!!! Havin' fun!!!!!

No idea, please don't ask!!!

did you read that story? the only similarites are the supposed age, death and possibly the "alter-egos". this guy faked his own death, then signed up under different names under what he must of thought were "alter-egos" but in actuallity were very similar, if not exactly the same personality, identified by his serious overuse of the exclamation point.

...wow, i sound like a regular Columbo! :P

Edited by The1PatO

Well, some people are sick in the head, that's for sure.

What made me sit up and take notice about this business with merlin, was the post from "merlins_wife". "She" seemed awfully excited for a "woman" who had just lost her husband. But that wasn't the only thing that caught my attention. It was "her" referring to him as merlin, and not by his "real name". That just struck me as odd.

What made me sit up and take notice about this business with merlin, was the post from "merlins_wife". "She" seemed awfully excited for a "woman" who had just lost her husband. But that wasn't the only thing that caught my attention. It was "her" referring to him as merlin, and not by his "real name". That just struck me as odd.

Yeah ya know..... now that I think about it..... your right.... she did refer to him as "merlin". I mean seriously.... when something tragic happens..... why would she refer to him by his online alias? That doesnt make sense....

Now that we all look at all the clues..... its become very obvious we got scammed. Some were overcome with grief and sorrow (regarding the situation) that it really never came to mind....

What a soap opera! This deception won't change how I feel about the Pit and the members I have come to think of as my friends, but I think I will certainly be paying more attention! :P:)

The only thing I ever noticed was the title of the 12:36 post, as aforementioned. I thought...ok, that's odd? But I thought maybe a mod had changed the title and pinned it...rare that someone would lie about something like that...I was like "Oh man, poor guy," and that was basically it...read the posts and felt kinda sad; glad it didn't take over my day though.

WOW I didn't Know all that Now as i Read....... I see many accounts that are made by one member all banned. Humm that's stupid. Sorry Merlin I Didin't see you as a person to do such things.

Well that just sucks! :nuke:

I Just checked the ARIN D/B for that addy he posted - does this help?

WHOIS results for !NET-68-76-156-0-1

Generated by www.DNSstuff.com

Looking up !NET-68-76-156-0-1 at whois.arin.net.

NOTE: More information appears to be available at IPADM3-ARIN.

Using cached answer (or, you can get fresh results).

CustName: MILWWI ADSL Rback6 PPPoX

Address: 2701 W. 15th St. PMB 236

City: Plano

StateProv: TX

PostalCode: 75075

RegDate: 2003-10-24

Updated: 2003-10-24

NetRange: 68.76.156.0 - 68.76.159.255

CIDR: 68.76.156.0/22

NetName: SBC068076156000031024

NetHandle: NET-68-76-156-0-1

Parent: NET-68-72-0-0-1

NetType: Reassigned

Comment: For Policy Abuse issues, contact: abuse@swbell.net

Comment: For Technical issues, contact: noc@swbell.net

RegDate: 2003-10-24

Updated: 2003-10-24

TechHandle: IPADM3-ARIN

TechName: IPAdmin-Ameritech

TechPhone: +1-866-937-3664

TechEmail: IPAdmin-Ameritech@sbis.sbc.com

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE7-ARIN

OrgAbuseName: abuse

OrgAbusePhone: +1-866-937-3664

OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@ameritech.net

OrgNOCHandle: SUPPO-ARIN

OrgNOCName: Support - Southwestern Bell Internet Services

OrgNOCPhone: +1-866-937-3664

OrgNOCEmail: support@swbell.net

OrgTechHandle: IPADM4-ARIN

OrgTechName: IPAdmin-Ameritech

OrgTechPhone: +1-866-937-3664

OrgTechEmail: IPAdmin-Ameritech@sbis.sbc.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2004-04-09 19:15

# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Mr Beaujangles

Well, I've had time to get to grips with all this stuff since I first read it yesterday morning.

I suppose Merlin's had his fun messing about with people's emotions and then trying to get one over on the admins here. I bet he feels real big now.

We could waste our time chasing our tails trying to get back at him some way but to be honest we probably all have far better things to do. There are lots of important people that deserve my time and attention - Merlin is not one of them so I don't think I'll be expending anymore of my time on him.

The sad thing is that he misses out on being part of an excellent forum. The good thing is that it was an excellent forum before all this happened, it still is today and it still will be tomorrow. There are lots of good people that need help with their computers and lots of good debates to be had in GD. Regardless of what Merlin did / is doing now / is going to do, I'm going to get on with enjoying being a part of The Pit.

We could waste our time chasing our tails trying to get back at him some way but to be honest we probably all have far better things to do. There are lots of important people that deserve my time and attention - Merlin is not one of them so I don't think I'll be expending anymore of my time on him.

He ain't worth the effort to get even with.

Its time we move on to more enjoyable and enlightening subjects.

Yeah ya know..... now that I think about it..... your right.... she did refer to him as "merlin". I mean seriously.... when something tragic happens..... why would she refer to him by his online alias? That doesnt make sense....

Now that we all look at all the clues..... its become very obvious we got scammed. Some were overcome with grief and sorrow (regarding the situation) that it really never came to mind....

When something tragic happens why would you even go online right when it happens and post the news on some forum?

He was supposedly in the hospital for a bit before he died.....

Why would he be online at ALL ?? Wouldn't he be at the hospital with "him" or whatever. And when he dies... why online at all? I woulda figured that it woulda take some time to heal from something so tragic.

Kinda sux when all the clues become obviious AFTER we were scammed lol :blank:

Kinda sux when all the clues become obviious AFTER we were scammed lol

Well, I dont think I was scammed..

I never replied to to original post because I didnt believe it was true but it would have been rude to post something like that. Like the part about Merlin being a bomber pilot in Iraq, yeah..hmmm...and you would think that an airplane pilot would learn to wear a seatbelt :P

Well, I dont think I was scammed..

I never replied to to original post because I didnt believe it was true but it would have been rude to post something like that. Like the part about Merlin being a bomber pilot in Iraq, yeah..hmmm...and you would think that an airplane pilot would learn to wear a seatbelt :P

:rofl:

Well then I was suckered..... I thought he died. I replied once.... things got fishy when there were more threads about him. I never posted in the wife thread.

It dawned on me a little too late lol

It's over and done folks we need to move on :mrgreen:

unpinned and closed

If any user feels that this needs to re-opened pm me

Admins/Mods feel free to do as you see :mrgreen:

Admins/Mods feel free to do as you see :mrgreen:

No worries there!! :mrgreen: v