Sign in to follow this  
Bear

Merlins Post

Yes all of the staff that is on line at the moment have seeing the new post made by Merlin,both Ax and Volt have had Pm's sent to them and should be here shortly.

Until then we are asking that all members please refrain from sending Pm's to staff and to keep all post pertaining to the current situation with in forum rules.

Thank you

Yes, Merlin has pulled a very tasteless hoax on the members here. Considering the true losses we have suffered, it's hard to believe that anyone could do something so cruel to our community. It appears that a dozen accounts were created on one computer to help perpetuate this hoax. I don't really care to hear an explanation from him/her/them. All the accounts that have been created will be banned. I wish we could do more, because Merlin deserves to get much worse.

I am new to 'the Pit', having just joined in February, but I believe that there are truly a lot of caring, knowledgeable people here who are willing to take the time and help others out of the goodness of their heart, and it is sad when someone takes advantage of that kindness in this sort of reprehensible way. :mrsgreen:

Can we know what the other fake names were? Is little guy one of them too since he posted both threads about Merlin? This is the internet I guess nothing should surprise me by this point but with all the good and bad things here at times I have really made some good friends here.. I just wondered how many of the other names we have been conned by :erm::(

What a sorry thing to happen to a well meaning community....Plenty of good guys here....'one bad apple and all that'.....Thanks Merlin....you're a real hoot...pull the wings off flies do you?...or maybe something more sinister...who knows....frankly...I feel nothing but pity for you and your sorry crew....The people here will still go on helping and caring and laughing and disagreeing...you have lost your right to be part of this decent community...RIP....it didn't have too be like that...hope it was worth it...it will be tomorrows talking point...nothing else.... :blank:

I don't resent the sentiments expressed when we heard of his "demise", it just illustrates to me that we are indeed a loving and caring family here.

But I do resent being deceived like that. -kd5-

Edited by kd5

TracyLynn Posted: May 29 2004, 02:42 AM

I just wondered how many of the other names we have been conned by

I was thinking the same ...

Its very dark mind that gets jollies out of this sort of thing...

Out of interest ...why not have one IP address ...only one access ....?

Edited by Tankus

Hey I just saw merlin in here. Look at the user names in this picture.

Picture

EDIT: I just uploaded a new picture with mouse pointer on his name, so the mods could see the link if I where to click his name.

Edited by KRAM

I've always said......... People who are fakers and liers......well..... eventually they get caught..... Cause eventually they slip up!

*insert all his/her/it's names here*.........ya make me sick!

I was just looking at past threads started by him and saw he was telling us his story about his daughter and the tough time she had. I have to wonder if everything he posted was a scam.

This guy needs some help :mrsgreen: I feel sorry for him needing to do this for attention

Edited by hftmrock

I said what I had to say already in another post. I'm glad to see the problem has been handled and I'm with you Dave on wishing there was more that could be done.

I think little guy is the same person too. Look at the over-usage of exclamation points in any of their posts

Merlin isn't yet banned. He is here right now.

Merlin, do you have a good time reading all the posts about you?

I never knew you, how lucky I am.

Go find a doc.

here's the list of users that had their accounts locked today:firstbuilder

almosttechnical

puterdad

cagedfury

merlin_

merlins_wife

Merliness

Never_Thought

polyphemus

coolbits1973

coolbits73

littleguy

only_modz1

JustModz

care_to_explain

words don't do justice to how I feel about this...

Can we know what the other fake names were?

The ok has been given so here you are

firstbuilder

almosttechnical

puterdad

cagedfury

merlin_

merlins_wife

Merliness

Never_Thought

polyphemus

coolbits1973

coolbits73

littleguy

only_modz1

JustModz

care_to_explain

Well it looks like a double post just going to leave it

Edited by The Bear

Always be wary of the trolls my friends and family. They are devisive and manipulative. I hope you do not take this as something that is taken lightly. To play on emotions for the joy of it is reprehensible.

Money wasn't requested as I've seen on other boards, so that is a plus.

The internet is vague, be wary always, even in a comfortable community such as the Pit.

I salute the Admins and Mods as well as someone who lurked these boards for quite awhile, and then saw the indescrepancy: King Arthur, who first posted his/her findings as a First Post.

We will always protect the members of this forum, and your aide is always welcome. :)Y

edit: Holy smokes, this has to be a record for the longest time I've ever spent in GD! :lol:

Merlin isn't yet banned. He is here right now.

Merlin, do you have a good time reading all the posts about you?

I never knew you, how lucky I am.

Go find a doc.

He along with all the other names are unable to post

King Arthur, who first posted his/her findings as a First Post.

I remember that and now I feel bad about how I thought about them for for sayin it :erm:

Edited by OneCool

I am trying to understand how the banning thing works.. I just saw his name in the list and it was highlighted in black... is it not possible to also block his IP address here so that he can't ever get in here again?

I've always said......... People who are fakers and liers......well..... eventually they get caught..... Cause eventually they slip up!

*insert all his/her/it's names here*.........ya make me sick!

Cathie, yes that person (dare I say person) slipped up, but if [it] didn't want to get caught, then [it] wouldn't have come back and posted with merlin's name.

I have been mad and sad for our members, ever since I found out about this hoax.

"Grief" is pain....it's emotionally draining to people going through it for a loved one.....how dare someone inflict it on purpose as a joke.

This 'dude' is now watching us.....getting yet, another 'high' from [it's] actions. What a sick-0 :angry: