Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

Hmm... not much to quote but I get the point of your post and your new sig.

The problem is that too many people think like that on both sides.

I'm pretty certain that somewhere on an Arab message board right now, someone is posting "the only good American is a dead American."

What is the difference between the two of you?  We can call him a muslim extremist or a terrorist.  He would call you an evil American imperialist.

Both are probably wrong.  The problem is that hatred leads to violence leads to bloodshed.  That's OK as long as it's his brother/sister/son/daughter/friend not yours?  No.  It's not OK.  An innocent life is an innocent life in my book.

You are quite right.

You really get to know the mentality of people you thought knew well in these threads. I know not everyone is like this.

As for the video, it is indeed horrible and cowardly. He was innocent. Plus the fact that they try and associate their actions with Islam is disgusting. The USA should not let civillians in high risk areas (if thats possible).

Edit: grammar

Edited by DarkWave

Guest Deuces Wild

And the videotaping a photographing of our boys and girls torturing Iraqi prisoners makes us what? Nuns?

Never said that. But I did not see them chopping heads off prisoners while shouting "God is good". Perhaps you can direct me to that video.

there are just as many Americans living in the stone age when they say kill them all and sort them out later, start dropping the bombs on the whole country of Iraq, or do away with all Muslim males in a certain age group.

Terrorists aren't made up of one religion, race or certain age group. They are world wide and not in one little section of the world.

What these people did was atrocious, there is no excuse for their behavior, but there is also no excuse for hating a race of people because of the actions of a few.

Guest Deuces Wild

Terrorists aren't made up of one religion, race or certain age group

The Middle East terrorists (the ones we happen to be talking about in this thread and every other recent thread in this forum) certainly are.

there are just as many Americans living in the stone age when they say kill them all and sort them out later, start dropping the bombs on the whole country of Iraq, or do away with all Muslim males in a certain age group.

Terrorists aren't made up of one religion, race or certain age group. They are world wide and not in one little section of the world.

What these people did was atrocious, there is no excuse for their behavior, but there is also no excuse for hating a race of people because of the actions of a few.

:tup:

The Middle East terrorists (the ones we happen to be talking about in this thread and every other recent thread in this forum) certainly are.

Your statement

Muslim male between the age of 17 and 40

Implies that ALL Muslim males between that age are Terrorists. Show proof of that. It is against an entire race and age group which in itself is Racist and Prejudice

EDIT: IMHO

Edited by hftmrock

if i were bush i would give notice to the iraqi people that they have one week to decide what it is they actually want , with the threat of the ultimate weapon being deployed if they cant decide.

a one way plane ticket for saddam hussein to return to iraq....... :)

most muslems are not terrorists but most terrorists are muslems :huh:

Dueces Wild - that's fair comment, but is it really wildly different than our troops giving a thumbs up and saying 'Go USA'. Different culture, different language.

Having said that I agree with DarkWave when he says it is terrible that these people claim to be doing it in the name of Islam. So often in history are truly appaling things done by truly appaling people in the name of God. All it does is help seed religious bigotry.

Please do not misunderstand me. Those people had no right to do what they did. It was truly awful and disgusting.

Guest Deuces Wild

I never said

Muslim male between the age of 17 and 40

Hrock, so what is your question?

but there is also no excuse for hating a race of people because of the actions of a few.

being one of the pro bomb droppers here, let me clear something up, i do not HATE all Muslims, nor do I think we should level their country, I think we should be precedent setting aggressive with whatever country we think these terrorists jackasses are in. if that means invasion or carpet bombing, or whatever we need to put up or shut up.

zero tolerance. nothing less is acceptable.

angela

How are we supposed to do invasions and carpet bombing when the terrorists are mixed in with the civilians? I really hope you're not suggesting the US just bombs the hell out of innocent people to get a few terrorists in the area. That would make us look even worse than the terrorists.

edit: I think a better question would be. How would the US go about invading areas with suspected terrorists or bombing those areas without killing civilians too? We have not declared war on the country of Iraq. So if that was the case with the plan of invasions or bombing, the US would have justified terrorist acts since the US would be performing those terrorist acts on civilians of a country we are not at war with. That would be WAY to hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Edited by Henry8866

if we cannot bomb precise locations with minimal civilian casualties than we can go in on the ground, i dont care how we do it, but it needs done. im disgusted we are not already done.

angela

Guest Deuces Wild

Tough to fight a war against an enemy that is cowardly (will not wear a uniform, fights from Mosques), stupid (as in strapping bombs onto their bodies to blow up their enemy) and fanatical.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Angela,

Don't forget the Red Cross report that said anywhere from 70-90% of the detainees were innocent. Don't you see? We can't tell the good guys from the bad guys. They all look the same to us. Whereas, the Americans stand out like sore thumbs over there.

Guest Deuces Wild

Don't forget the Red Cross report that said anywhere from 70-90% of the detainees were innocent.

I would have to call them on that. How do they know? What proof do they have? Seems a bit over the edge for them to make a call like that.

DW,

Independent of the report or the numbers, the fact remains that we are still having troubles discerning the bad guys from the good guys. Our intelligence is poor. It is one of the key contributors to the situation we are in.

Looks like the US was holding Berg without any rights...(just like prisoners at Guantanamo bay)... his father sued Rumsfeld...they set him free the next day and Berg disappeared soon after according to FOX news. Rumsfeld and US authorities denied ever detaining him.

Edited by x5dr

Guest Deuces Wild

I agree Rob. I was just questioning the Red Cross assertion you quoted.

We do have reason to suspect that some of the detainees are innocent since 2 dozen were released as soon as the scandal broke. The general in charge indicated that there would be more to come.

Well I'm coming in here rather late again but IMO:

The terrorist attack on the WTC should be shown on TV once a week, if not more.

There should be a billboard or two around depicting the attack on WTC.

We should not just "forget" and not publicize because some pantywaist has their feelings hurt or thinks it's too violent to see on TV. Just turn on the TV during prime time and you'll see plenty of murder and rape.

I haven't forgotten and don't aim to either!

http://www.september11news.com/Sept11WTCSo...UA175_small.jpg

http://www.september11news.com/1_WTCSouthT...Tower_small.jpg

Guest Deuces Wild

We do have reason to suspect that some of the detainees are innocent....

Quite a difference between what you said and what the Red Cross alleged below

..anywhere from 70-90% of the detainees were innocent.